Team Chevelle banner

65 Z16 Convertible For Sale

7K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  johndobek 
#1 ·
#4 ·
So, in the end it's a Malibu/Malibu SS convertible with a 396 and a 4-speed. Just mentioning Z16 while describing the car sure isn't worth an additional $140,000+ in my book.

There is a WHOLE lot more than a 396 when talking about a "Z16".

#12 ·
That car is way over priced, but there are some People that build cars and sell them based on the work and emotional value that they have in it. I know for a fact that I would not sell my car for 1,000,000 dollares and i am more then sure that most of you have that same kind of value in some of your cars. to bilittle other peoples values and emotions is just plan chicken $h--.

#18 ·
I have a friend in my car club that has a car that everyone said was never made. First gen Camaro Z-28 convertible! He has a 69 Z-28 hemi too!

For the last 30 years people talked about a 63 Z06 convertible and one recently surfaced with documentation. All the experts said it never happened.

I think that there were a lot more special order cars built that people realize. Someone publishes statistics in a (fact) book and they become gospel from then on.

On the Z-16 convertible, I often wonder about a car that I saw when I went to look at a Corvette for sale. The guy has this 65 Chevelle convertible that was hit real hard. When I was there I was focused on the Corvette most of the time. After I thought about it, I could not understand why he kept the car in the garage. It was hit that hard! Then when I heard about the Z-16 convertible it made me wonder If it could be something special. The Corvette was and he owned it from 1970. I am going to make it a priority to get back to his house this summer and do a little more investigation.;)

#19 ·
Definately true that there were special order cars. Your friends convert. Z, 69 Z hemi, Z06 convertible...however, despite factual evidence, you will find many guys that are afraid to take the blinders off and accept the fact that special order cars exist. But quite frankly, the skeptics are usually on the sidelines looking in...the people that really matter are the owner and the buyer with the $$$$

I guess this works out well because this would leave the average cars to the skeptics and the significant cars to those that know better...:yes:

BTW, if you want, I'll look into the convertible 65 for you, just PM me his address and info...:D:beers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.