Team Chevelle banner

66-67 chevelle electic fan pics (2000 Ford Contour Fan)

16K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  phocksphyre 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been getting a few requests for the electric fan setup I put together. I attached a few pics of the installed radiator setup for my '67. I've also attached the drawing I designed for the wiring.

I ran the car for a couple hours the other day in 80* weather. The temps on my BBC never went over 160*! (I had the fan on manually, thermo switch isn’t working).

Radiator: Two row design. 1" tubes. (24x16 core)
Fans: 2000 Ford Contour fans. Dual 12” fans with shroud. (24.2" x 15.8" x 3.3") Dorman Part # 620-104.

Hope this helps all those looking for a “cooler” setup.

See less See more
#12 ·
I just got my set from dorman (rockauto)... was wondering if you wired them for different speeds.. it apears the units have a current limiting resistor in the housing.

was considering wireing the fans in parallel for max fan and in series for moderate cooling (speed) but then saw the resistor in the unit. Also included what looks like a diod which might to prevent back feed while they coast to a stop. I'm going to look at my neighbors contour to see how his wireing goes. (although his is a 4 banger so might have a different fan then this dual one).. Another guy down the street had a SVT so might be able to look at his to.

b.

#14 ·
Reply to older thread:
I run with the Derale 16789 high-amperage adjustable dual fan controller with a pair of Maradyne M122 puller fans with no issues.
http://www.maradynehp.com/products/champion/m122.php
Fan #1 comes on at set temp then fan #2 comes on 10deg warmer than fan #1.
Turn off temp is 10deg below turn on temp.
Max draw 35 CONTINUOUS amps per fan. But will not work on Lincoln mark VIII and ford Taurus, dodge viper..
Heck here is install inst:
http://inet.derale.com/clientdocs/1_328.pdf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.