Team Chevelle banner

anyone used bed liner under car on floorboards

14K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Bigjay 
#1 ·
i have trany, rear end and gas tank out.thinking about epoxy then bed liner.what are your thoughts? unmask frame &por 13 semi black frame.

#2 ·
I had the bottom of the car Rhinolined along with the interior floors.

That Rhinolining, and some dynamat, and the interior if the car is dead quiet at cruise on the freeway.

After replacing the floors in the 66, painted them black and sprayed some rubberized undercoating underneith and in the interior.

I mostly did it for sound insulation than anything else.

#4 ·
Eric has hit on a good topic.

I used it on my chevelle, but it aint for sale and its mainly a race car.....I used a bedliner product I got from my local jobber.

#6 ·
I'm planning on using Herculiner or possibly a two part although for my purposes I think the one part will be fine.

Resale is not a concern, at all.

#9 · (Edited)
If anything I would use lizard skin, sand smooth and top coat. Then you actually do have something that looks like the factory finish that possible buyers shouldnt question or factory correct guys wouldnt look at with disdain knowing they would have to remove it all and repaint.

Bedliner / insulator / chip guard styp stuff anywhere but in the rear wheel wells and or above the gas tank is going to have people wondering. And the grain material tends to grab and hold dirt / dust.....well, it always did on the bedlined / lineX'd trucks I owned. I'd use lizard skin or I would just paint it and focus my deadening / insulation on the interior side.

#11 ·
If resale is a concern then there isn't much point in changing anything on these cars as you never get out what you put in. I put POR on the inside of my car and once it warms up I'm going to throw some of the raptor stuff on the bottom and in the wheel wells. Not putting anything on the frame though because once I get out of school I'll probably galvanize and powder coat it.

#12 ·
I used gator guard spary on bedliner. It is a two part epoxy that once curred it is unaffected by oils. That is the main reason I went with it. I will have to say spraying it is a messy job and it gets everywhere!! I don't care about resale and our car is not stock or an SS so I was not concered with that. Haveing the body off of the frame and covering everything up as a precaution payed off.

I said it's a messy job.

I had to lay on the plastic and shoot upwards. It dripped down plus the spray would deflect. My wife was holding a large peice of cardboard against the car to help stop the overspray.

I did primer and use chassis black paint before I sprayed the bedliner. It needs a clean surfice to attach to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.