Team Chevelle banner

Ford Windstar Cooling Fan data collected

26K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  creeper72 
#1 ·
I spoke with Dorman today and they make the OEM DORMAN Part # 620131...... The tech gave me results from the test sheets that they had on file and I thought I would share it with the board for guys looking for a budget friendly electrical fan assembly.
The fans are $106 at Rock Auto, but I am sure they can be found in the junkyard or salvage yard for less........

Test Results:

2000 Ford Windstar Fan Assembly
left fan: 340ml= 13.3inches
right fan: 390ml=15.3inches

left fan: 60.3cmm=2129.193cfm
right fan: 64.4cmm=2273.964cfm
this was rated at 1935 RPMS
4403.157 cfm total......

ml= milliters
cmm= cubic meters per minute
cfm= cubic feet per minute
conversion from cmm to cfm done by cmm x 35.31= cfm

Only $106..... dorman 99-03 ford windstar fan 6 blades but bigger fan blades.
The 94-98 dorman fans has 8 blades but smaller blades. I don t know if the having more blades are better or if its the design of the blade thats better.......

I just thought this would help you guys out... Chime in if you have diffrent info........

disclaimer: this is not set in stone, this is just what the dorman tech reported.......... for the blood thursty ball busters.....:thumbsup:

See less See more
#12 ·
He was still reading but could not find.... I looked for the fan relay at Napa and Oreilly and they said it used a 30 amp relay.....Go figure..... Some guys here said a 50 amp but OEM at Napa says 30 amp...... I guess what ever floats ya boat....

#15 ·
Its here, watch the the second video in my sig.....I just installed the front end, all Moog with the polygraphite bushings... Waiting on the rear to come. Then we'll drop it in, hopefully week after next. Thats if no probs arise.......:thumbsup:

@ Mike......... thats what Napa said you can check it out.
But I am using:
2 derale 16749 fan relay kits(I had already order em before I found the info)
will have the big fan 15" turn on around 170*
the smaller fan 13" turn on around 175-180*
Its shuts off 10* under whatever temp set.
with a stewart 160 high flow T stat

The second fan I am also running a toggle switch connected to the a/c overide on the relay just in case I need to turn on manually.......

We'll see how it goes.......:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.