Team Chevelle banner

Help installing Hurst roll control on 69 chevelle

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  71 RAT 
#1 ·
Hello fellow gearheads!
I am going to be installing a Hurst Roll Control on my 69 chevelle so I can lock the front brakes when at the strip. My car has disk on the front and drum out back. I would like some advice on the beat way to install this and some pictures would also be nice. The car has the perportioning valve under the master cylinder and then the main distribution block down on the frame. I just redid my rear brakes with praise dyno brakes ceramic matrix shoes and heavy duty spring kit and wheel cylinders and I don't want to burn them up during tire warm up. Any help and Pictures people can provide would be very helpful as this is my first time installing a line lock.:cool:

#2 ·
I'm in the same situation as you crazy69. I hope someone has some input on this. Pics would be great.

#3 ·
I think a 69 is similar to a 71. But, I use an aftermarket adjustable proportioning valve mounted under the car. There's a picture in my Showroom of the booster/master/cylinder/roll control. Maybe give you guys some ideas. I had it mounted on the firewall for years, the way the lines were routed looked kind on Micky Mouse! If you want to hide it, you could mount it lower.
Kirk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.