Chevelle Tech

Chevelle Tech (http://www.chevelles.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bench Racing (http://www.chevelles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What do you think happened to flight 370 (http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586313)

Old, fat, bald guy Mar 10th, 14 8:43 PM

What do you think happened to flight 370

This is a baffler for the authorities..... a 777 vanished, no distress call from the pilot, nothing.

Dragn70 Mar 10th, 14 8:53 PM

Re: What do you think happened to flight 370

Its being repurposed. We'll see it again soon.

BillsCamino Mar 10th, 14 8:56 PM

Baffling really. :(

A catastrophic explosion at 35,000 ft would have spread wreckage over a large area and all passenger seats are designed to float. Wreckage would be found.
And, if black box wasn't destroyed it would be emitting a homing signal.
Almost think the aircraft was taken over by terrorists and plunged near vertical straight into the ocean. That impact would draw everything straight to the bottom...for now but items will rise with time.
Or, GPS/transponder/avionics systems were disabled (not impossible but unlikely) and the aircraft was hijacked and landed somewhere remote for ransom??
Regardless...what purpose would all this serve??
Sad...

Stokerboats Mar 10th, 14 9:11 PM

Bermuda Triangle for sure.

blm Mar 10th, 14 9:13 PM

I agree with Bill that the aircraft probably hit the water intact. How terrorists could overtake/gain access to the cockpit is beyond me. Some type of distress should have been received. At the time of the disappearance the 777 was most likely being flown on autopilot. I was thinking something happened to cause the captain and first officer to lose consciousness but even if that happened the aircraft would just keep flying on the course that was programed into it. Don't know how many recall the crash of the jet that was carrying the golfer Payne Stewart. Everyone on the aircraft was unconscious and the aircraft just flew till it ran out of fuel.

BillsCamino Mar 10th, 14 9:22 PM

I've flown international a lot...including a trip planned to Europe later this week.

I find it very difficult to understand with all the checks and scans in place, how anyone could be processed and allowed to board with a stolen passport.
Even actual photos and the weight of each of your checked bags are included in your travel profile and readily available to Customs & Immigration.

Kaizen Mar 10th, 14 9:30 PM

I had heard on one of the broadcasts they were throwing pilot suicide into the mix. well I think they are throwing everything including ufo's into the mix. but it got me thinking why aren't there preventative measures like if a pilot shoots himself and copilot the plane doesn't just recover. I mean with all the tech on these things why couldn't they require 2 passcodes to be entered to put the plane into a dive?

Les Saville Mar 10th, 14 9:34 PM

With no obvious debris on land or at sea I'd say it was hijacked, the transponder and all communications were terminated and then landed in a remote location. Terrorist probably have a plan for the aircraft in the immediate future as it could only remain idle for a short period without mandatory maintenance protocol. There is a large $ value on that aircraft that the insurer will gladly pay, not to mention ransom on the passengers.

sschevellefan Mar 10th, 14 9:49 PM

With 2 passengers using stolen passports its looking a lot like a hijacking. Any type of crash be it on land or sea would have some sort of debris. It`s possible that a mechancial failure caused everyone to pass out, been reported of happening before but the passport thing kinda over rides that.

RobsIron Mar 10th, 14 9:54 PM

239 passengers and not 1 cellphone call...

71350SS Mar 10th, 14 9:55 PM

I think they'll eventually they'll find the wreckage that their just looking in the wrong area.They said the pilot may have changed course or tried to turn back.The thought that they could've hijacked it and landed it without getting caught is just too much.It would take a fully corrupt government with a lot of security to pull that kind of hijack off.

sschevellefan Mar 10th, 14 9:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71350SS (Post 5673433)
I think they'll eventually they'll find the wreckage that their just looking in the wrong area.They said the pilot may have changed course or tried to turn back.The thought that they could've hijacked it and landed it without getting caught is just too much.It would take a fully corrupt government with a lot of security to pull that kind of hijack off.

This is probably the most logical. I also remember hearing that they only had enough few for so much time and they were already past that point. most likely they are looking in the wrong area but if it crashed anywhere surely someone would report it. Or is there a lot of unpopulated areas in that part of the world? Never been so dont know.

blm Mar 10th, 14 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaizen (Post 5673265)
I mean with all the tech on these things why couldn't they require 2 passcodes to be entered to put the plane into a dive?

Everything on a commercial aircraft is manufactured to operate in such a way that if something happens to the copilots controls the aircraft can be flow from the captains controls and vise versa. Therefore requiring two inputs to command a dive would go against all the engineering built into the aircraft. Duplicating systems is very much standard.
A pilot suicide while definitely possible is highly unlikely. Most likely a pilot would be flushed out of the system before it got to that point.
This is really a baffler. Mechanical failure is unlikely considering the details. Anyway 90% of commercial aircraft crashes are due to human error over mechanical error.

Stokerboats Mar 10th, 14 10:04 PM

Anyone check the names of the pilot and co pilot?

modchevelle Mar 10th, 14 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobsIron (Post 5673425)
239 passengers and not 1 cellphone call...

This what I was said to my wife!!