Team Chevelle banner

Lunati Voodoo Cam #60212

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  66ElkyBB 
#1 ·
UD Harold recommended this cam for my 454 BB Hyd. Roller #60212 Voodoo.
( What a cool guy to talk with!) He also mentioned the #60213, but thought it might be just a bit too much for a driver/high performance street application.

Can anyone that is currently running either of these cams give me their thoughts on the performance of this cam in their car, power, throttle response, idle, how you personally like the cam etc. This is what I want to run in my car, and can't wait to get it up and running.

Thanks

73Mike

#4 ·
I have the 60622 which is the same as the 60212 except for the later roller block. The cam works pretty well although I plan on swapping out the Victor Jr for an RPM air gap for next year. It idles nicely(800RPM) and works well on the street. I would recommend at least a 3000 stall converter. In my engine it needs lots of initial timing. I am running 26 initial and 36 total. I never measured idle vacuum since I have manual brakes. Throttle response was good even with the single plane intake, but my 850 DP with annular boosters probably helped that out a bit.

Here are a couple of burnout videos. Nevermind the crappy runs after. On the second one, it was the last run of the year so I just did a HUGE burnout staged and instantly got sideways and shut 'er down.

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g163/slowride454/?action=view&current=Slow_Ride---1.flv

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g163/slowride454/?action=view&current=Slow_ride3.flv

#5 ·
Upon advice from UDH and Wolfplace, I have the 60212 in my 468. It is a nasty sounding idle (i.e. great) and instant throttle response after warmup. Idles easily at 850 rpm. Haven't been to the track yet, but it feels very powerful so far on the street. Very little valve noise with the hydraulic Morel lifters supplied by Wolfplace........took a while to figure out that these lifters with aluminum heads require about 1 full turn of preload. I would recommend this cam to anyone who wants a stout street big block.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.