Team Chevelle banner

holley 3310-2 Vs 3310-4

13K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  mkube396 
#1 · (Edited)
i just got a 3310-4 and i was testing it out and I cant get the secondary to open like my 3310-2 one thing i seen in my 3310-2 is a brass nipple in the primary side that looks to help with vacuum signal to the secondary diagram. The 3310-4 i have looks to be missing this "but there is s hole there".
is this something they eliminated in the new ver? or did it fall out?

Note i am using the short yellow spring

#4 ·
If I was a betting man I would think that there was a design change to shave a buck or two, or a nickel or a dime, off the cost per unit to manufacture. If the -4 is used versus new well that could be different. As mentioned anything could have happened if it is used. Generally however things are not getting designed to make things better these days so if it is new then I go with my original theory.

#5 ·
The nipple will speed up activation. Do you still have the ck ball in the diaphragm can? Positive there are no leaks in the can or mounting gasket to the main body?

JIM

#7 ·
First i just installed it every thing was fine flots and set. The idle on this carb so much nicer then my older 3310-2 so is the response.

any way i had the original VS Unit on with the black spring all most didint open mybe 1/8 installed the yellow got 1/4 opening

then i took my hole VS Unit off my 3310-2 with my quick change spring kit. still 1/4 opening.

Yes i have the check ball installed. and it is clean and there is a little relief cut under the check ball to let air bypass it.

all so used Carburetor Cleaner and compressed air to make shure there was no crap in any thing

#8 ·
Do your self a favor, Remove the check ball. In another post I read it was removed and the secondary responded better without any problem. It may bog, It may not.

#12 ·
Woot I switched the main body and every thing is working as it should! my idle is nice and constant, off idle is crisp, and WOT is opening up the secondaries full with no bog.

The main reason to use the newer carb was my throttle shaft was worn out on the 3310-2 and i got this carb cheep as he didn't need it for his 5.3L lsx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.