Team Chevelle banner

Marty Schorr posted a review of the Baldwin Motion Madness II display

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  69Chev427 
#1 ·
#2 ·
The Maco Shark was crazy. Pictures do not do it justice. If I ran up on it back in the day I would go the other way!

#3 ·
I had a great chat with Joel and got him to sign my Motion book since I missed him last year though after having Marty sign it. Joel was in awe of the cars that were at this years show and I made it a point to thank him and shake his hand for creating a legend that still lives on strong after 40 years. He had no idea that these cars would gain the status that they have today nor did he even think about it. It was all about running a business and building a car that would perform as advertised. He did that and more. Very nice to see him again. Joel and Marty, two of the best!

#5 ·
Marty Schorr was the editor of High-Performance CARS magazine for nearly 20 years and did many articles on the Motion cars and still is good friends with Joel Rosen "Mr Motion.

Marty also did PR, advertising, brochures, books, and catalogs for Motion.
He did many of the great magazine ads for the Baldwin Motion Phase III cars.

He was also editor of Chevy Action, Speed and Super Car, the founder of VETTE Magazine and other books and magazines including the book “Motion Performance – Tales of a Muscle Car Builder”

#6 ·
JoeC next time you talk to Marty or Joel ask them if they have any Color pictures of the "Baines" 1968 Red with Black Vinyl top Chevelle Motion SS427 Streetracer.The 5 Motion Mechanics that I have phone numbers for told me a story about this twice a SS427 68 Chevelle.This one Motion Mechanic that told me this history of this car started working there in late spring of 1968.This car originally had a SS427 Motion transplant but came back for a Tunnel Ram that Motion put on.Car had the steel hood with big hood scoop.Ask them if they remember the incident on Sun Rise Hiway while it was being test and tuned by one of the Motion Mechanics!! Very cool story.Lets see if Joel or Marty remembers that incident. Dan

#7 ·
JoeC next time you talk to Marty or Joel ask them if they have any Color pictures of the "Baines" 1968 Red with Black Vinyl top Chevelle Motion SS427 Streetracer.The 5 Motion Mechanics that I have phone numbers for told me a story about this twice a SS427 68 Chevelle.This one Motion Mechanic that told me this history of this car started working there in late spring of 1968.This car originally had a SS427 Motion transplant but came back for a Tunnel Ram that Motion put on.Car had the steel hood with big hood scoop.Ask them if they remember the incident on Sun Rise Hiway while it was being test and tuned by one of the Motion Mechanics!! Very cool story.Lets see if Joel or Marty remembers that incident. Dan

I'd like to hear that story myself!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.