: my car is to loud-- neighbor called cops on me

hbcruiser
Jul 30th, 05, 7:20 PM
Ok I get up early this morning to go to a local car gathering that happens every Sat. morning here in Huntington Beach at a doughnut shop. Its gotten so popular the last several years that in order to get a parking spot you have to get there by 5:30-6:00 Am . I thought I knew my neighbors pretty well, but I guess I was wrong. I started my car and backed out into the driveway and let it idle for a couple of minutes to warm up while I went in the house to get my hat and house keys, maybe 3-4 minutes max. When I return home there is a buisness size card stuck in the front door that has city of H.B. Police on it and the office name and no. On the back of the card was was written by the officer
"your neighbors are complaining that you are REVING your engine excessivly and disturbing them". I never reved it, it only idled. I guess I`m ****ed because I don`t know which neighbor it was that called the cops, I did nothing wrong but some one thinks I did and didn`t have the BALLS to talk to me personaly about it but instead called in a false report to the police. Anybody else have somthing like this happen?

jocww
Jul 30th, 05, 7:47 PM
yea some ******* says that we have to many cars cept you cant see them cuz there all the way up on the side of the house

Hot66ss
Jul 30th, 05, 7:57 PM
Yep, someone called the cops on me for "burning rubber" I had even driven the car that day except to move it in and out of the driveway so i could wash my truck, didnt even touch the gas except to start it.. ERR

BillK
Jul 30th, 05, 7:58 PM
hb,
" I did nothing wrong "
Sorry, but if you have the typical loud exhaust that most of us have on our Chevelles (me included) and you started it up at 5:30 am, I would have been calling the police too. Especially if you let it sit there and idle for even 5 minutes, which seems like an hour if you are trying to get some sleep. Flowmasters behind a healthy V-8 are not music to most people, including me at 5:30 AM.
Just my opinion,

72silverchevelle
Jul 30th, 05, 8:03 PM
Well in a few months I'v got to leave at 6:30 to go to school so I'll see how the neighbors like that.

justkyle
Jul 30th, 05, 8:12 PM
If it was me I wouldnt worry about it. I would find out what neighbor it was and buy him a beer. Apologize and tell him what you were doing, then tell him that you will try to keep it as quiet as possible. After that, if he complains, let him complain. If your exhaust is legal nobody can do anything about it. I get calls from neighbors in the middle of the day when Im tuning my dirtbike. Some people just like to complain. My dirtbike is no louder than their weedeater that they fire up every sunday at 8 am.

pdq67
Jul 30th, 05, 8:39 PM
I like the way justkyle is thinking!!

And quiet the SOB down by putting on a couple of short glasspacks in your exhaust as resonators!!

pdq67

DZAUTO
Jul 30th, 05, 8:55 PM
I'm not siding with your neighbor, I'm just understanding why he was displeased. Next time, as soon as you start it, back it out and LEAVE! Don't let it sit there and rumble, not even for 20sec. That's what set him off. I'm also set off by my neighbor who lets his FAMILY blast up and down the street on the weekends on dirt bikes. The difference between me and your neighbor is that I personally confronted him about it. He didn't like it, told me I should have said something nicer about it. I told him that he should have had enough common courtesy and consideration for his neighbors that it wouldn't require someone saying something to him. We haven't spoken since------------------but the dirt bikes don't run up and down the street anymore either.

Hi-po SS 454
Jul 30th, 05, 9:12 PM
hb, I know that Huntington Beach PD is down on LOUD motorcycle notes big time. So on our Cruises down the coast or back up on the bikes we avoid HB. La Jolla same thing, got warned and never went back.
On weekdays when I take the Velle to work I do as you did. The car gets started at about 6:10 am, but I immediately pull it out in to the street and park across the street (no houses on that side of street. Most of the time I turn the engine off till I'm ready to leave, but sometimes I leave the engine running like you did to warm it up. The car has 3 inch exhaust and flowmasters, doesn't seem that loud when I let it idle and go into the house, but not sure how it sounds when your trying to sleep, No buddy complains around here about anything. But during the week most people around here are about to get up or already up to go to work. On weekends, very rare the velle ever makes it out in the morning. If I were you I would not let it idle at your house and just drive off slow than park in front of somebodys house you don't know and set foot at fast idle. J/k

Cecil
Jul 30th, 05, 9:21 PM
Give me your address, so next Saturday I can be there while your car idles and you go back into your house. Your neighbors won't have anything more to complain about...

:) ;) :D :waving:

sinned
Jul 30th, 05, 9:45 PM
hahaha, I drive mine to work everyday. I leave at 4:30 and go through a 3-5 minute high idle warm-up everyday. 106 lobe ceters and 2-chamber flowmasters. Next time give a few WOT shots to really give them something to biotch about.

We had a POS neighbor growing up so we would run the valves and tune the LS7 running dry stacks in the jet boat every Saturday morning.

Old, fat, bald guy
Jul 30th, 05, 10:14 PM
OK, lets me play devils advocate for a second....... a neighbor calls the police about a loud car. the police, who can't get to a life threatening accident or bank robbery within 8-10 minutes, get there to your house within 3-4 minutes...... OK, this gets better....... The cops stop, take the time to write something on a business card and drop it on your windshield and leave.......... without EVER talking to you about it.

either 1 of 2 things, A) you had the 'velle idling waaayyyyyyyy longer than 3-4 minutes,......... or (most likely) B), there was NO neighbor who called it in. The cop happened, BY ACCIDENT, to be driving down the road when you were walking inside and thought that blaming the neighbors would be easier than you complaining to his sargent about him harrassing a law abiding citizen with a LEGAL exhaust system......... whatchoothink?????? you said you've never had problems before, now all of a sudden................????????

DjD
Jul 30th, 05, 10:37 PM
OK, lets me play devils advocate for a second....... a neighbor calls the police about a loud car. the police, who can't get to a life threatening accident or bank robbery within 8-10 minutes, get there to your house within 3-4 minutes...... OK, this gets better....... The cops stop, take the time to write something on a business card and drop it on your windshield and leave.......... without EVER talking to you about it.

either 1 of 2 things, A) you had the 'velle idling waaayyyyyyyy longer than 3-4 minutes,......... or (most likely) B), there was NO neighbor who called it in. The cop happened, BY ACCIDENT, to be driving down the road when you were walking inside and thought that blaming the neighbors would be easier than you complaining to his sargent about him harrassing a law abiding citizen with a LEGAL exhaust system......... whatchoothink?????? you said you've never had problems before, now all of a sudden................????????

Might want to re-read his post, the cop came after he left his house for the cruise-in and before he returned... :rolleyes: You don't like the police do you?

Chirp08
Jul 30th, 05, 10:39 PM
heh been there, except they never went to the cops, instead they complained every day, to my parents, that the exhaust from my car smells bad (it was running rich, that smell you love haha), and that they want me to not let it idle in the driveway. Its 30 degrees out, I would let it idle for no more than 2 minutes MAX, which wasn't hte best for the car, but i was trying to be as nice as possible, and they still complained, honestly they can go **** themselves, you couldn't smell it my house, and its closer to the car than theirs, they need to check over their house if the fumes are able to get in that easily.

Deal with it people, do you really think all your complaining matters in the end? I'm still going to school tommorrow, i'm still going to start up my car, i'm still going to let it idle, it passed inspection, it passed emissions, it doesn't have to pass your approval.

John_Muha
Jul 30th, 05, 10:53 PM
Let them call. Love it when junior pulls the black & white into the driveway. They always tell me which weiner dialed their number.

Olle
Jul 30th, 05, 10:59 PM
Every time this topic is brought up, it seems like many of you expect people to love the sound of engines, just because you do. I like the sound of a healthy V8 just as much as any of you, but if someone woke me up at that time a Saturday morning, I'd be PO'd too. Doesn't matter if it's a V8 or a lawn mower, noise is noise if you're trying to sleep.

And if this neighbor doesn't like old cars to begin with (you just have to face it, many people don't), you will definitely not make him happier if you fire it up early Saturday morning. If this neighbor played rap on his 3,000W car stereo, you would be here bitching about how annoying it is, while he will be bitching in another web forum about you being an old fart that can't appreciate good music.

BlueSS454
Jul 30th, 05, 11:25 PM
Let me give my point of view on this topic since I had an incident with a neighbot last Friday while in my 70. I took it down the street just to run it for a few minuites since I have not really driven it lately. I was coming back up the street doing about 35, mind you the car is loud. This friggin guy comes running down his driveway, into the street yelling slow down. What ****ed me off the most about this was the fact that no one ever bitches about the 3 dirt bikes that fly up and down the street or the rice rockets doing 60 up and down the road or the jackasses with the 3 million watt stereos, then it comes to me doing 35 and he wants to run out int he road like a retard?? Sorry Wrong. I know for a fact if I had stopped, gotten out of the car, this bozo would have ran back in his house. Instead, I slowed down to about 15 when I got near his stupid ass, then goosed it a little since my driveway was only another 20 feet away. The neighbor next door and across from me don't have a problem with me or my cars, so this particular guy can go F himself. I'd like to do to him what George Bush did to Homer Simpson's front yard.

sinned
Jul 30th, 05, 11:46 PM
Ohhh, thought of another point...I work 10-12 hours a day/6 days a week and do what I can to help raise my 3 kids and clean the house/tend to the yard. We get to bed around 2300ish and I'm up by 4:00 everyday but Sunday (sleep in until 7:00).

Tell the neighbor to get his lazy arse out of bed, the body only requires 6-7 hours of sleep.

Old, fat, bald guy
Jul 31st, 05, 12:01 AM
Might want to re-read his post, the cop came after he left his house for the cruise-in and before he returned... :rolleyes: You don't like the police do you?

DOH.............. :clonk: . I missed the "after I got home" part.........I just thought that theres no reason to go off on a neighbor ** IF ** they didn't call

nah, I don't *** miinnnddd **** the police, its just that when we (the neighborhood) have a problem with one particular neighbor, it seems as though nothing can be done about HIM, but when he calls the police on us, well, THATS a different story...... it almost seems like the one PITA is ALWAYS calling so this cop doesn't want to get "the call" to HIS sargent....... and **** most **** of the cops around here will stop a sportbike or a car with a legal (barely) exhaust but look the other way for every straight piped Harley within 100 miles, but nah, its not that i don't like them.......

Dean
Jul 31st, 05, 12:21 AM
I don't see how some people could possibly be so inconsiderate of their neighbors as to decide how many hours or when THEY deserve to sleep.

Why let a car run 5 minutes anyway, loud or not when you can start it and go a quietly as possible.

Too sad we don't All remember the golden rule anymore.
:(

Old, fat, bald guy
Jul 31st, 05, 12:34 AM

is that the 14 Carat, 18 Carat or 24 Carat "Golden rule" Dean?

Dean
Jul 31st, 05, 12:45 AM
is that the 14 Carat, 18 Carat or 24 Carat "Golden rule" Dean?

You're probably not the only one that don't know what it is/WAS

Old, fat, bald guy
Jul 31st, 05, 12:50 AM
You're probably not the only one that don't know what it is/WAS

Nazarene church from the time I was born Dean.......... I also think "do unto others as you'd have done unto you" has been replaced by "do unto others before its done to you" or "i got mine"

-SS454-
Jul 31st, 05, 12:51 AM
Yeah people often call the cops over silly things, things that do no damage or harm, and were likely done by the very ppl that called the cops. However, remember at those hours of the morning a lot of ppl do not want to be woken up, especially if they have a long day ahead, or they came off a long day the night before. So their immediate reaction is anger. I see your point, but also see theirs.

Randy Mosier
Jul 31st, 05, 1:27 AM
Heck, the cops around want to check out your car. Sometimes, they even ask if it's for sale!

Bomber '67
Jul 31st, 05, 1:29 AM
Doughnut Derelicts was a good show this morning. I go often but rarely take a car to show - I'm a bad car show participant. Just when I had started thinking that the ProLong blown alcohol Metro was just a poser, he nailed it hard leaving the show - waking up whoever was still sleeping.

I don't have to be told - I KNOW that my '65 is loud. If I am rolling in late at night I quickly pull in and shut it down. When leaving early in the morning I start it, hold it at 2,200 rpm for 1/2 a minute to build just a little heat, then quickly pull away with my feet on the accelerator and the brake because it won't idle just yet. Within half a block of slow speed driving it starts to perk up and then I motor off.

Yes, the charge of revving your engine may be bogus, but all those firecrackers going out your tailpipes while it idled for 5 minutes or so likely did wake someone. The officer is just trying to get a friendly message to you. I am one of the nicest guys out there - but I can gaurantee that my loud hot rods, and the crazy tatooed people sometimes seen around my house, probably make it hard for some of my neighbors to even think about mentioning any problems directly with me.

Thomas

sinned
Jul 31st, 05, 1:56 AM
I don't see how some people could possibly be so inconsiderate of their neighbors as to decide how many hours or when THEY deserve to sleep.Actually my point was more like "sleep all day if want but don't ask me to change my routine of actually contributing to society so you can sleep longer".

Why let a car run 5 minutes anyway, loud or not when you can start it and go a quietly as possible.
Because without a decent warm up it won't run, doesn't like to idle stone cold with an HP series carb. (Itís also no the smartest thing to do to an engine to fire up stone cold and immediately pull away). :D

Cameano
Jul 31st, 05, 2:08 AM
Last year, a guy up the street was selling those annoying little pocket bikes with the weedwacker engines. Kids blowing up and down the streets into the night. Since I get up at 3a.m. to get to work by 4, I'll try to get to bed by 8 or 9p.m. These kids were digging into my sleep time. I went out one evening to speak with one of the neighbors, who knows the other guy selling these bikes. I mentioned to him that it'd be really rude of me to put open pipes on my Harley, as they'd wake up every morning about 3:40 or so when I leave for work. Amazingly, within a couple of days, the kids on the bikes disappeared, and haven't been back in any numbers since. ;)

CHELKAMINO
Jul 31st, 05, 8:46 AM
Are you sure you didn't get the "threatening card" on your car when you got to the Doughnut shop?!?!:D

I am surprised I don't get the cops called to my house.......I left for work the other week (12 hour day) at 2:30 in the morining in my Elky. Mild 355 with a solid cam, headers, and 2 chamber Flowmasters.:thumbsup:

Brian

BobFmTyler
Jul 31st, 05, 9:12 AM
I'm having trouble with this whole post. I don't want to hear anyone's car at that time of morning.

Next, as OFBG said, how did the cop get there that fast? Are you sure it was a cop who put the card on your windshield and not a neighbor? If it were a cop why would he leave an unattended car running and why not wait a minute or two and give you a ticket when you came out? If it were a neighbor he might be giving you a hint before he calls the cops.

The attitdue of making even more noise really helps too. I could be mistaken but I think the guy with the loud car before dawn is in the wrong. He needs to respect his neighbors a little more.

Hi-po SS 454
Jul 31st, 05, 9:29 AM
I mentioned in a post earlier that I "sometimes" would let my car idle to warm it up a LITTLE for 3 or 4 minutes after pulling it out of drive way ON WEEK DAYS (and rarely) and quickly and parking across the street where there is no houses.. This Sunday morning I can see how quiet it is out there and any type of noise would be annoying and be easily heard. BUT, what if you have an "I owe you neighbor". I have them on both sides that I can say Hey what about those nights you wake my ass up from your loud talking and laughing when you came home at 2 am, then get on your cell phone and talk on your front porch for about 15 minutes or more.. And the other neighbor with there noisy kids waking us up at 1 am way more than once. So I have a Pay back here and they better not say a word.

DjD
Jul 31st, 05, 9:34 AM
I'm having trouble with this whole post. I don't want to hear anyone's car at that time of morning.

Next, as OFBG said, how did the cop get there that fast? Are you sure it was a cop who put the card on your windshield and not a neighbor? If it were a cop why would he leave an unattended car running and why not wait a minute or two and give you a ticket when you came out? If it were a neighbor he might be giving you a hint before he calls the cops.

The attitdue of making even more noise really helps too. I could be mistaken but I think the guy with the loud car before dawn is in the wrong. He needs to respect his neighbors a little more.

Just like OBFG read the orig post... He left his house and doesn't say how long he was gone. My guess at least an hour, it was a cruise-in he went to. When he returned he found the card on his door.

Olle
Jul 31st, 05, 9:55 AM
Last year, a guy up the street was selling those annoying little pocket bikes with the weedwacker engines. Kids blowing up and down the streets into the night. Since I get up at 3a.m. to get to work by 4, I'll try to get to bed by 8 or 9p.m. These kids were digging into my sleep time. I went out one evening to speak with one of the neighbors, who knows the other guy selling these bikes. I mentioned to him that it'd be really rude of me to put open pipes on my Harley, as they'd wake up every morning about 3:40 or so when I leave for work. Amazingly, within a couple of days, the kids on the bikes disappeared, and haven't been back in any numbers since. ;)

Hey, you discovered the key to success in matters such as this: Common sense and friendly communication. You shouldn't be amazed, it actually does work :)

michael n mississippi
Jul 31st, 05, 10:08 AM
aint nothing a little sand down the carb want quite down.others can be just as you.

Dean
Jul 31st, 05, 10:14 AM
The thing is little stuff like this has a way of esculating into neighbors shooting each other over what starts out as what one persons feels is a trivial matter and the other gets seriously angry over not being able to sleep when they choose.

We can't have the "hey I have to get up so you do too" attitude and "getting even" is certainly not the way to handle that either.

Years ago I had a neighbor that worked nights and slept days so I always tried to mow on that side of the house when I knew he wasn't trying to sleep.

BobFmTyler
Jul 31st, 05, 10:18 AM
Just like OBFG read the orig post... He left his house and doesn't say how long he was gone. My guess at least an hour, it was a cruise-in he went to. When he returned he found the card on his door.

I'm sorry, I misread the post Dennis. You're right.

(some clown woke me up this morning with loud exhaust outside my window :D )

marooned
Jul 31st, 05, 10:19 AM
Many of you know how loud my car is. :waving:
The times I leave early morning in it weekdays or weekends, I pull it out of the barn, shut it off, lock everything up, & and as easy as I can start it an get out of the neighborhood. No ones ever complained.

There have been a couple late nite open header tuning sessions 9:30-10:00 o'clock. I asked a few neighbors if they heard anything. One said yeah, sounded really good!.

In most neighborhoods I think less is better than more. Try an treat people the way you would like to be treated.

The police recieved a complaint, The are required to respond. They are just doing their job.

Byfield
Jul 31st, 05, 10:27 AM
If your exhaust is legal nobody can do anything about it.

Wrong. Legal exhaust or not, you can still be cited for disturbing the peace.

If you have people calling the cops about your exhaust, I'm betting there were previous problems. Something that minor doesn't typically get the police involved

John_Muha
Jul 31st, 05, 10:36 AM
My neighbor woke me up at 6:30 today. Out there roofing his house.

Hi-po SS 454
Jul 31st, 05, 10:44 AM
Thats and easy one John, pull the 38 out and pop him or them off the roof.

BobFmTyler
Jul 31st, 05, 10:50 AM

Yeah, it seems like my neighbor is doing that everyweekend too.

John_Muha
Jul 31st, 05, 10:52 AM
Thats and easy one John, pull the 38 out and pop him or them off the roof.

Yeah but he's armed with a pneumatic stapler.

Byfield
Jul 31st, 05, 11:03 AM
Yeah but he's armed with a pneumatic stapler.

Then make your first shot count ;)

Or get off your lazy Pirate butt and go help him. The sooner he's done, the sooner you can get your beauty rest :D

John_Muha
Jul 31st, 05, 11:21 AM
Then make your first shot count ;)

Or get off your lazy Pirate butt and go help him. The sooner he's done, the sooner you can get your beauty rest :D

Naa, I'll wait until around 11:00 when they come off the roof because of the heat. Then it's time to fire up the lawnmower as they take a rest.

Actually he's hired a crew to do the job and isn't doing it himself. Not sure if he really does anything by himself. One of those guys.

Chirp08
Jul 31st, 05, 12:07 PM
but still it really boils down to one thing, the guys that run these cars at these hours drive the cars daily, not out of choice, they drive them because thats their car and there is no other option. Sure its annoying but 2-3 minutes of sleep lost is not as valuable as getting to school or work, and when its one person out of the 8 houses surrounding yours, they really are just being bitchy. If you have multiple people complaining than you are doing something wrong, but your not here to please everyone else, if you want to spend your money restoring your car, and you want to drive that car and enjoy your commute to work, there is no reason someone elses opinion of your cars exhaust should change that.

Olle
Jul 31st, 05, 1:09 PM
but still it really boils down to one thing, the guys that run these cars at these hours drive the cars daily, not out of choice, they drive them because thats their car and there is no other option.

In that case they can put on some quiet mufflers. If your neighbor's lawnmower was loud, and he told you "Well, I have to mow the lawn, I have no choice", wouldn't you tell him to do the same thing?

IMO, if you can't even drive to work without disturbing your neighbors, you better do something about it before they do.

hbcruiser
Jul 31st, 05, 1:22 PM
I don't see how some people could possibly be so inconsiderate of their neighbors as to decide how many hours or when THEY deserve to sleep.

You mean the rule that says DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE TO YOU? Well guess what, Turns out that the guy that called the cops is the same guy that has a labrador retriever that barks constantly. I never called the cops on him for his dog that barks all night
I rearly drive my chevelle. I don`t even keep it at my house I keep it at my shop which is 8 mile away. I only bring it home on a weekend that there is a show or a cruise, so its not like this is a daily event, the last time I took my car to this show was about 6 months ago
If I made him loose 3-4 minutes of sleep then I`m sorry. I would have told him that myself, all he would have had to do was come over and tell me that himself, NOT call and make a False report. Not waste the police dept`s time.
I didn`t know it botherd anybody before but now I do and I will leave as quietly and quickly as possible
Well, now I have to go to the grocery store, I think I`m all out sugar HEHEHE

Hi-po SS 454
Jul 31st, 05, 1:28 PM
You mean the rule that says DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE TO YOU? Well guess what, Turns out that the guy that called the cops is the same guy that has a labrador retriever that barks constantly.

HB, thats what we call an I OWE YOU neighbor..

ssal396
Jul 31st, 05, 1:42 PM
IMHO I would be pretty mad about that as well.. If you have to leave that early, you need to start the car, & get out of the driveway as soon as possable.. It will NOT hurt the motor to drive it EASY till its warmed up..

Not everyone wants to get up that early on Saturday, & if my neighbor pulled that crap, I would be in his face in a hurry...And I love the sound of loud cars, JUST NOT BEFORE 9:00 am..

Scott

Chris R
Jul 31st, 05, 5:17 PM
With the way cars are getting stolen these days. I wouldnt let my car run unattended in the first place.

CHELKAMINO
Jul 31st, 05, 5:38 PM
In my neighborhood, I am the only one that does shift work and 12 hour days. I also work 12's on weekends!!! So if I have to take my Elky to work at 11:00 at night or 3:00 in the morning.......so be it. I only let it run for about 30 seconds or so till it will idle on its own. I have to deal with sleeping in the day time when everyone decides to mow their yards......they can deal with my car leaving at all times of the day. If anyone were to complain.......I would just ask them........"Would you rather me take the Chevelle to work instead??"
......that one is running a 550 horse sb with 3" exhaust and 2 chamber Flowmasters!!!:D
Brian

Mali Blu
Jul 31st, 05, 5:39 PM
You mean the rule that says DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE TO YOU? Well guess what, Turns out that the guy that called the cops is the same guy that has a labrador retriever that barks constantly. I never called the cops on him for his dog that barks all night
I rearly drive my chevelle. I don`t even keep it at my house I keep it at my shop which is 8 mile away. I only bring it home on a weekend that there is a show or a cruise, so its not like this is a daily event, the last time I took my car to this show was about 6 months ago
If I made him loose 3-4 minutes of sleep then I`m sorry. I would have told him that myself, all he would have had to do was come over and tell me that himself, NOT call and make a False report. Not waste the police dept`s time.
I didn`t know it botherd anybody before but now I do and I will leave as quietly and quickly as possible
Well, now I have to go to the grocery store, I think I`m all out sugar HEHEHE
I think I would have a talk with him. I would tell him sincfe your exhaiust bothers him,you will be considerate of his feelings and you wont let the car idle in the drive in the morning anymore. But tell him youd better never hear his dog bark,ever again,or else there will be a BBBIIIIIGGGG problem.

Chevelle408
Jul 31st, 05, 7:30 PM
My Chevelle has 2 1/2 in pipes and Flowmaster 40's. I drive out every morning at 7:00 to go to school. I try to keep it as quiet as possible, so I don't upset the neighbors. I haven't had any complaints yet. I guess I'm lucky since I have nice neighbors.

johnny69
Jul 31st, 05, 9:48 PM
Hell With All The Neighbors,last Time I Checked They Didnt Pay My Taxes...

Chevelle408
Jul 31st, 05, 10:16 PM
My Chevelle has 2 1/2 in pipes and Flowmaster 40's. I drive out every morning at 7:00 to go to school. I try to keep it as quiet as possible, so I don't upset the neighbors. I haven't had any complaints yet. I guess I'm lucky since I have nice neighbors.
I forgot to mention, it helps having neighbors with 7 second Camaros and blown 55's. :D

notstock71
Jul 31st, 05, 10:20 PM
I understand your situation. My Nova is so loud my parents can hear it idling a block and a half away. And I have exhaust. 3" Flowmasters dumping before the rear. When I take it to work I leave at 6:10 in the morning. I roll the car all the way down the driveway before starting it. Then I try to get out of the circle as quietly and fast as psooible. The two do NOT go together. I had a cop pull in my circle one night right after I got home and pulled in the garage. He just went by real slow but didn't stop. I guess I have been lucky so far.

Chirp08
Jul 31st, 05, 11:21 PM
In that case they can put on some quiet mufflers. If your neighbor's lawnmower was loud, and he told you "Well, I have to mow the lawn, I have no choice", wouldn't you tell him to do the same thing?

IMO, if you can't even drive to work without disturbing your neighbors, you better do something about it before they do.

Uh, no offense but thats exactly what i'd expect him to say, and I wouldn't complain in the first place, he damn well has hte right to mow his lawn, lawn mowers are loud, im not going to complain because it ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES AND I CAN LIVE WITH IT.

BTW Not everyone is a diehard catholic/christian/etc. so please dont quote the ten commandments assuming everyone agrees that if you follow them you are doing hte right thing, otherwise you are doing hte wrong thing, im not trying to start a fight or change the subject but its a bit aggrivating (and im catholic to top it off) to see that used in an argument, the reality is that more and more people (especially those in highschool/younger) are more liberal with their views, and would rather use logic than follow the bible when making decisions :/ BTW who's to say whether or not said neightbor is muslim ;)

Dean
Jul 31st, 05, 11:39 PM
Did someone mention the 10 commandments or religion and I missed it?

Now I gotta go back and see, maybe it was deleted

:confused:

thunderstruck507
Aug 1st, 05, 12:45 AM
ah, the joys of living 7 miles away from town

but at college i've lived in the dorms and never been a problem...my car isn't overly loud though

moving into a house this week...we'll see if things change

32767chvl
Aug 1st, 05, 8:50 AM
Wrong. Legal exhaust or not, you can still be cited for disturbing the peace.
Huh? So you're saying if I had a bone stock vehicle, with a quiet exhaust, but my extremely light sleeping neighbor woke up to it, even if my vehicle was completely legal, I'm breaking the law?
Can my neighbors be cited for keeping me awake with their annoying motion light that shines right in my bedrooom window?

Byfield
Aug 1st, 05, 8:59 AM
Huh? So you're saying if I had a bone stock vehicle, with a quiet exhaust, but my extremely light sleeping neighbor woke up to it, even if my vehicle was completely legal, I'm breaking the law?

? Thats not even close to what I said.

If you're making an undue amount of noise and upsetting the neighbors, you can be cited for it, regardless of how legal or not the equipment is.

Take your legally bought angle grinder out to the driveway and start to clean a frame at 5:00 am. It might be legal to do, but you''re stil 'dirturbing the peace' and can be cited for it

Or if I decide that when I get up tomorrow at 4:00, I want to listen to 'Ministry' at '11' on the stereo (cause it's one more than '10' ;) ), I'm pretty sure the local cops won't see it as my right to make nosie.

DOUG G
Aug 1st, 05, 9:31 AM
Not the loudest car around here, neighbor directly across the street is a City Cop and drives a Harley. He just moved in about a month ago. I work rotating shifts. There's the back ground.

I have no problem with his harley,and he likes the sound of my Camaro, we both don't like the kids with the "fart tubes" blasting down the street. I guess I'm old...lol

One "kid" likes to speed to the top of the hill then down shift a gear and to descend for the high rev affect. I went down to His parents house and asked him to slow down as I have a 5y.o. that rides Her bike on the side street with Me or Her Mother watching. I get the "dumb look".

Few weeks later he's still at it, I in no short terms told him " come down the street like that again and get a cinder block through the windshield ", now he leaves out the other way and doesn't even go by the house. I guess the block sitting on the front step helped make it clear ?

slowtalker
Aug 1st, 05, 9:57 AM
I'd be decent and courageous enough to speak to you about it first.

droptop396
Aug 1st, 05, 10:21 AM
Hell With All The Neighbors,last Time I Checked They Didnt Pay My Taxes...

Maybe your neighbors should give you the same level of respect you want to give them. maybe they should all say hell with you. cuz the last time they checked,.....you didn't pay their taxes.

1ss427
Aug 1st, 05, 10:50 AM

Goes both ways DEAN, My Father in law has a similar situation with his neighbor.
The guy will call the cops every time my father in law leaves early for a show, But has no problem staying up till 4 A.M. partying and keeping everyone else in the nieghborhood up all night with thier drunken partying and carring on till all hours of the morning, yet when my father in law starts the HEMI to go to a show this guy gets ****ed?????

My father in law also does what some have suggested by starting it and immediatly leaving but it doesn't matter to this guy, that 4 inch exauhst is just to much for him to handle with a constant hangover.

The cops did tell my father in law not to worry about it but at the same time not to make it a "DAILY" habit....LOL.

Its just a shame people can't get along better, If you want to party your arse off till 4 in the morning more power to you but don't get ****ed when i get up at 6 to leave for a show.

32767chvl
Aug 1st, 05, 2:05 PM
? Thats not even close to what I said.

If you're making an undue amount of noise and upsetting the neighbors, you can be cited for it, regardless of how legal or not the equipment is.

Or if I decide that when I get up tomorrow at 4:00, I want to listen to 'Ministry' at '11' on the stereo (cause it's one more than '10' ;) ), I'm pretty sure the local cops won't see it as my right to make nosie.Agreed--Although "Undue amount of noise" is subjective. There are stock vehicles that can be loud, in the eyes of the neighbors.

But I can make as much noise as I want, because "Jesus Built My Hotrod". ;)

1966_L78
Aug 1st, 05, 2:28 PM

OR,

A neighbor has a PD business card AND the neighbor wrote the note...

Did you actually talk to the officer (call him later?)...

many people (non-enthusiasts) will hear a loud exhaust and think you might be revving the motor, or use an incorrect term...

Who ever said this was a "Legal" exhaust system? Many cities have noise limits, which most Flowmasters would violate...

Califonia Vehicle Code used to have a rule about the noise limit of the exhaust... The test involved driving at 35 MPH past a decibal meter... I would guess (based on seeing several other "tests") that most Flowmaster systems would fail... Doesn't matter how quiet it is at idle, or how far back the pipes go, the system could still be illegal... Do you really want to bitch to the neighbor and police if you MIGHT have to replace the whole system?

gchandler
Nov 27th, 05, 4:41 AM
I must have the worlds best neighbors. Been driving my '66 chevelle (two chamber flows 2 1/2") for 10 years and often tune it in the driveway and "warm the tires" as I head down the road.

I think that a lot of these sort of "problems" can be solved by getting to know the people that live around you.

Today for example the car cover was blown off my chevelle (the '66 is on the street as the '64 has taken over the garage.) by the wind, and not one, but two of my neighbors called to let me know.

I guess it helps when you have been in the same house for the last 25 years and know all your neighbors by name. Maybe that is the secret. Get to know your neighbors a little bit better before getting angry.

John D
Nov 27th, 05, 9:15 AM
Had a situation with one of my neighbors a few weeks ago. He'd get up at the crack of dark on Saturday morning, fire up the Toro, and cut his lawn. I did go speak to him, and ask he hold off on the mowing 'till at least 9:00am - Thank You.

Nope, he goes on and every Saturday since - 7:00am and I get the "Briggs & Stratton Blown Out Muffler" wake-up call. Until last week. He must have found the copy of this I put in his mailbox:

Sec. 12-124. Hourly restrictions on certain operations.

(a) Recreational vehicles No person shall drive or operate any minibike, snowmobile, or other similar recreational vehicle, not licensed for travel on public highways, between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.

(b) Domestic power equipment. No person may operate any domestic power implement including, but not limited to, a power lawnmower, power hedge clipper, power saw or other such implement except between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. on weekdays and between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. on weekends and holidays. The operation of equipment for snow removal shall be exempt from the provisions of this section when initiated within 12 hours of the completion of the most recent snowfall.

(c) Power equipment used in construction activities. No person shall engage in, permit, or allow construction activities involving the use of power equipment, manual tools, movement of equipment, or other activities except between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. on weekdays and between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. on weekends and holidays.

Direct from the City's website, Codes section.

Notice they do have an exemption for snowblowers, so you can at least get to work in the morning.

bisjoe
Nov 27th, 05, 10:19 AM
I'd call the policeman and ask him about it. I'd say that most cops would have knocked on the door, to at the very least, give you a lecture on leaving the car running while not in it, tempting theft. I'm thinking that maybe the neighbor had a fake card made on his printer, or maybe left over from something else, and wrote that himself.

I leave m-f at 4:30am, and one of my neighbors who I am friendly with did say once that I sure go to work early, he hears me every morning. I took it as a subtle complaint but ignored it and it's not come up again. I do start it up and go quickly, and barely faster than idle until I get past my own block.

It's still not as bad as adog barking for hours.

Dale Eikmeier
Nov 27th, 05, 11:07 AM
Whoa. I'm sure glad none of you guys are my neighbors. 90% of the replies are all about me, me, me and screw the other guy. especially if he is trying to sleep past 6:00 AM on a Saturday.

alan margosian
Nov 27th, 05, 12:05 PM
A couple of years ago I had a young neighbor, two doors down, who put Flowmasters on his pick-up that he parked on the street. I'd never see him because of the different hours we kept. His truck would wake me at 5:30 a.m. each morning he worked. I ended up writing him a note, I IDENTIFIED MYSELF and a offered a suggestion that would be satisfactory for both of us. It worked out and we both got what we wanted. We still converse as before and wave when we see each other in passing. Its really about being considerate of OTHERS.
It seems that a solution for BOTH of you is for you to warm-up your car IN YOUR GARAGE for 3-4 minutes, then cruise from your home at low r.p.m.
There ARE solutions for most problems if we really care to seek them out...

alan margosian
Nov 27th, 05, 2:07 PM
Apparently, your neighbor's discontent has been going on for sometime and it finally boiled over. Though you may have been inconsiderate, your neighbor is chicken**** for shooting you in the back by calling the P.D. instead of speaking with you face-to-face. I hate chicken**** "snipers"...

Wilbur
Nov 27th, 05, 3:08 PM
I've lived in the same neighborhood for 16 years, and only had a couple problems with neighbors. The first was when I was restoring a 73 MGB. This car had a blown out glasspack muffler that had a certain raspy sound to it. I was rebuilding a whole new drivetrain for the car (including exhaust system), but was driving it in the meantime. I left for work at 4:30 every morning, and got a note on my door after a couple days. They left the name and address, explained they were being woken up and requested I replace my muffler. Very civil request- ****ed me off- but I thought about it and decided they were right; so I replaced the exhaust system that weekend. Got a thumbs up from the neighbor next time I saw him. It's amazing what a little consideration will do for the peace in the neighborhood. The second time was with the same neighbor. I was tuning the fuel injection on the 454 in my garage in the middle of the afternoon. I was running it up past 5000 rpm to tune the fuel map. The husband comes over and says his wife was complaining that I had been "revving the engine all afternoon", and it was extremely annoying, could I knock it off. I thought about defending myself with "it's only been an hour, not all afternoon", but thought better of it and just told him I would quit for now, but I would need to continue in the future, and I will try to keep it to a minimum. He breathes a sigh of relief (you could tell his wife had sent him), and then we proceed to spend a half hour looking over the car, discussing what is in it, how I tune it, etc.
I guess I'm lucky I have neighbors that will talk to me directly, it sure helps.

Junkyard Dawg
Nov 27th, 05, 4:17 PM
To the starter of this thread....so you say the same guy who supposidly claimed to have called the cops is the same one who has a retreiver that barks his yap off eh? Well I say the next time this dog barks his yap off have a chat with him, and if it continutes call the law on him. There's no reason for you to put up with his dog when he can't put up with your car.

In all fairness everyone should respect their neighbors. If there's something you're doing that is annoying your neighbor, then in reality he has every right to complain about it. Likewise if there's something he's doing that annoys you then you have every right to complain about it.

Now, in reality the neighbor should try to resolve the issue with you first, in a polite tactful manner. And if for whatever reason that doesn't work then he should call the law.

And if a neighbor stays up until 4 am partying and keeping everyone awake and then gripes because you woke him up 2 hours later with your car idling (NOT revving the engine), IMO he has no place to complain, but he should come to a resolution with you....maybe if you can hold off until later in the morning to start the car he'll not party so late and/or not so loud.

And to Doug G...while I can understand why you hate it when that kid would blast up and down your street at high speeds.....keep in mind the streets are for cars, and not children. So why might I ask is your daughter doing in the street????

Call it irrelevant if you want but if you let your kid play in the street you're asking for an accident to happen. Take them to a playground or something. Kids playing in the street is the same as racing in the street.....it's the wrong place at the wrong time and someone's bound to get injured/killed.

ToocoolZ28
Nov 27th, 05, 5:18 PM
And to Doug G...while I can understand why you hate it when that kid would blast up and down your street at high speeds.....keep in mind the streets are for cars, and not children. So why might I ask is your daughter doing in the street????

Call it irrelevant if you want but if you let your kid play in the street you're asking for an accident to happen. Take them to a playground or something. Kids playing in the street is the same as racing in the street.....it's the wrong place at the wrong time and someone's bound to get injured/killed.

Using that idiotic reasoning, If I'm driving on the road and you get in my way and I run you off the road, it is YOUR fault. What are you doing driving slower than me? Watch out, I'm coming through. I guess you dont have have any kids. If you did, you would know that it doesnt matter whose fault it is, you dont want anything to happen them.

pdq67
Nov 27th, 05, 5:36 PM
He, He!!

Talk about a little 13 maybe 14 year old kid running up and down the gravel lane on a muffler-less 125 cc dirt bike behind our house in the old neighborhood for say at least an hour or two at a time justa screeming away when our kids were really little!!

Used ta p--- the wife off to no end as she was trying to get them to take naps..

He, He!! The little kid was Carl Edwards!!

pdq67

Junkyard Dawg
Nov 27th, 05, 5:40 PM
ToocoolZ28 you're taking me the wrong way.

You're right I don't have kids. And if I did you're right I would not want anything to happen to them.

Which is why when I do have kids they will be taught to not play in the street...ever. And if I ever catch them you can rest assured I will bust their ass the old fashioned way.

Streets are for cars. Playgrounds are for children.

My parents taught me to never play in the street. Our next door neighbors used to let their kids play in the street. Guess what happened? One of them got hit by a car. We heard and saw the whole thing happen from our front yard.

Then my dad looks at me and says "See that son? See what just happened? That's why you don't play in the street. Learn from her mistake". And believe me I did too...the easy way!

SS4speed
Nov 27th, 05, 6:28 PM
Had to laugh when I saw the first post, as it reminded me of my home town. I always left home (at 8:00 pm almost every night) and drove down Fulton street, took a right hand turn on Ossian, then up to the bars. One night, one of the locals pulled me over, just to have a talk. He said the station had gotten way over ten calls from people in the area. Seems that my car was so loud that it rattled the windows in their houses when I passed. So he asked me to change my route up to the bars..........

Fred.

Pro68Camaro
Nov 27th, 05, 11:38 PM
I had the same deal. When I brought home the Camaro (14:1, .725 lift, BB, 3 1/2" exhaust), of course I had to start the car (in the garage) for everyone that came over to look at it. Never past 9pm - my wife would get on me then and I'm mindful of the noise regardless. Got the call on day 2 (anonymous on my answering machine) to "take that thing to a garage or something". I knew it was loud so I tried not to start it after about 7pm and rarely started it to tune on it. Would always have to do it at the track. Eventually went to open headers since it spent more time at the track. Would only start it to load it on the trailer - car is plenty healthy and loud open headers. Before I had my son and his buddy helping pushing it, used to have to start it to drive it back in the garage at midnight after rolling it off the trailer. Would do it very quickly and shut if off asap. Never a call to the sheriff.

One day in August, SE TX is REALLY hot then, the power went off at 9 am and I was told it would be after midnight before power was restored on our side of the block. (His was unaffected) I fired up my generator to run my fridge and freezer and a fan. At about 8pm, I get a knock at the door and it's the sheriff... he asks me if I'm "working on a car in the garage"? I said no, but I've got a generator running in back since the power's been off all day- trying to preserve my meat, etc. He asks to see and I show him. "I've been wanting to get me one of those", "How do you like it"?. We talk for a while and I ask him who called. He said "don't worry about him - he'll get over it". He also bitched when I ran the generator post-Rita when all our power was out and I was trying to preserve our freezer's contents and keep my family cooled off. Tough crap on that one - everyone who had a generator was running it. I'd have let him run an extension cord to mine had he asked.... even him being a d***.

We've got a new baby in the driveway with a mild 350 and 2 1/2 flows that gets started at 6:30 am to go to school (my son's '72 Chevelle). I'm trying to be sensitive to the noise, but it does take a few seconds to warm up enough to drive.

SS_Dave
Nov 28th, 05, 9:53 AM
You have to be considerate of others.
Letting a car warm up for 4 min is an eternity if you are
trying to sleep. Totally inconsiderate.

I nearly put a .45 slug through a harley that was getting warmed up
every morning at 4:30 am by an oblivious moron.
6 feet from my bedroom window with straight pipes.
Death would have been too quick for him.

Dean
Nov 28th, 05, 11:29 AM
BTW, you don't just loose 3 minutes of sleep if you get woke up and CAN'T go back to sleep. :D

Motorhead62
Nov 28th, 05, 11:35 AM
WOW, looks like maybe you need to be more considerate. There are some interesting posts on here about this topic. I was gonna say "Forget the Neighbor" but that seems unpopular. My neighbors must really hate me. They just don't say anything.

When firing off a new engine in the shop with open headers, it is REALLY loud!!! :D

JIM
Nov 28th, 05, 11:35 AM
You're right I don't have kids. And if I did you're right I would not want anything to happen to them.

Which is why when I do have kids they will be taught to not play in the street...ever. And if I ever catch them you can rest assured I will bust their ass the old fashioned way.

What is they live in a rural suburban neighborhood and they have to walk across the street to play with a neighbor? What about riding their bikes down the street to get to a friends house? Not every neighborhood has sidewalks.

mr 4 speed
Nov 28th, 05, 11:51 AM
BTW, you don't just loose 3 minutes of sleep if you get woke up and CAN'T go back to sleep. :D

I agree 110%

but on the same token..

IMHO your neighbor must not have much of a life or anything else to do if he has to call the cops about your loud car.

If you made a habit of it or left rubber every time,that would be a different story.

Most people that reach their threshold of patience way too quickly are usually the ones that have nothing better to do with their time.

And the ones that call the police must not have any negotiation or social/people skills..meaning that they can't at least come by and maybe tell you in a polite way about their "gripe" and if any compromises can be made,etc.

Greybeard
Nov 28th, 05, 12:36 PM
I'm pretty sure most of you would be upset if the next door neighbor was playing Rap Music loud (is there anyother way it's played?) while you were trying to sleep. In reality, the hammer of an idling big block through barely, if at all, legal mufflers would probably be louder than music coming through two sets of walls.

It is your Right to choose the exhaust system on your car. It is my right to get a nights sleep without some a-hole waking me up just because he doesn't give a s#1t.

Consider the complaint. Think(!) how you can keep from creating more complaints. The disrespect shown for others, by some on this thread, reflects badly on all of us. Others doing wrong is not a reasonable excuse for our disrespectful behavior.

cobra2411
Nov 28th, 05, 12:57 PM
I had a neighbor who used to start his harley and "clear it out" every morning at about 6am... Straight pipes no less... Went and talked to him after the 4th day. "Hey, bike sounds great... But it is 6am and not everyone likes to wake up to that..." He told me how he always wanted a harley and how he just kinda forgot about the rest of the world... He stopped after that. Kicker was he didn't even take the bike with him... He'd just start it up, rev it for about 5 minutes and then jump in his truck and leave... :clonk:

Personally I hate straight piped harley's because of people like this. There was a guy by my cousins shop that did the same thing. I was going to uncork the chevelle at 3am and see how he liked it, but I saw no reason to p*** everyone else off... Tried the talk but he was a real A-Hole so I told my cop buddy (who's a marine trained sniper :D ), he talked to him and it stoped. I was hoping he'd take him out though... Could have listed it as DSF (did society a favor).

David

SS_Dave
Nov 28th, 05, 1:50 PM
Very civil request- ****ed me off- but I thought about it and decided they were right; so I replaced the exhaust system that weekend. Got a thumbs up from the neighbor next time I saw him.

..", but thought better of it and just told him I would quit for now, but I would need to continue in the future, and I will try to keep it to a minimum. He breathes a sigh of relief (you could tell his wife had sent him), and then we proceed to spend a half hour looking over the car, discussing what is in it, how I tune it, etc.

I guess I'm lucky I have neighbors that will talk to me directly, it sure helps.

And they are lucky to have you as a neighbor.

When I had problems I went to the guy directly and tried to be as
cordial as possible. He pretty much gave me the same attitude displayed here
by a few, " you don't pay my taxes, take a hike" answer.
This idiot would start his straight pipe harley 6 ft from my bedroom window and let it warm up for 10 - 15 min. People will think I'm exaggurating, but I timed it. Nothing else to do, couldn't sleep. The bike was finally returned to the owner. I guess he was trying it out for a week or so before he bought it.
The idiot then proceeds to crank his stero at 4 am and open his front door.
Why? So he could hear the music while he jogged 1/2 mile up the street.
I am not lying about this either. I finally called the PD and when the officer knocked on the guys door, he comes running up the drive. The cop says, do you live here? Yup, he says. The cop says, why do you have your stero so loud, if your not home? "I like to hear it while I'm jogging, he says" I thought the cop was going to faint. Darwin candidate for sure.
This same guy had a two stroke dirt bike he pulled the baffle out of on the pipe. Didn't have plates, so he rode it around and around in his back yard...
for hours. His yard id 50 ft wide and 150 ft long. You couldn't even hear yourself think at my place. I finally walk over and offer to fix the pipe for him
since I have a welder and he told me to go Eff myself. He kept riding for another couple hours. I figured hed get tired of going in a circle eventually, and I was right. Two weeks later the bike broke.
I finally got rid of this bonehead guy by videotaping all his dumb stunts.
I let it leak to a gossiping neighbor that I was collecting evidence for a civil case against him for harassing me. He had a for sale sign up a week later and moved out. What a relief.

chadh5
Nov 28th, 05, 4:45 PM
My '36 coupe has 3 foot pipes off the headers with motorcycle baffles. It sounds amazing. I know what you're thinking, but a 302 sbf is a tad bit quieter than a sbc for some reason.

If it's early, and I am getting it out, I let it warm up in the garage and try not to rev it up. I even "coast" out of the garage in neutral to be considerate. The bad part for me is I have to get out and close my gate, so that takes a little longer. I try to get over to the main street under as little power as possible to keep the noise at a minumum. Same when I get home at 1am on a week night. I try to get in and shut down as quickly as I can.

I've not had any problems. My neighbors who I am friends with were giving me a hard time in jest, but it was around 11 am and they were still asleep after a late night.

My Dad is determined that I need to get a full exhaust, but for now, I love the sound.

DougA
Nov 28th, 05, 5:24 PM
Boy Im glad I live out in the country and dont have to worry about having an aggravating neighbor like lots of the posters here.

Dean
Nov 28th, 05, 5:59 PM
My neighbor behind me called the city on me because of a small oil stain on their side of MY fence. (had a 55 gal drum of used oil next to MY fence back then.

I told him there was no need form them to call the city, that all they had to do was tell me and he got very huffy about it.

Later they asked me to repair the fence so they couldnt see my junk so I put up a section of extra high new fence.
She come over (had to drive around the block) and was very nice and thanked me.

Most people that reach their threshold of patience way too quickly are usually the ones that have nothing better to do with their time.

Seems like more and more people are reaching their threshold of patience lately with sooo many people getting involved with road rage and so forth.
Another two or three killings reported on the news every morning. :(

frankf72malibu
Nov 28th, 05, 6:05 PM
Can my neighbors be cited for keeping me awake with their annoying motion light that shines right in my bedrooom window?
I thought I was the only one with the 9 million candlewatt bulb shining directly into our bedroom window. I have been tempted to get out the red-rider and take a few shots at it. The great thing is my neighbor two houses down has his son's Mustang in the garage. It is not quite street legal and it is a thumper. He purposely revs it up on Sunday morning to pi$$ off the neighbor with the motion light. It does not bother any of the other neighbors enough to call the cops.
Frank

Junkyard Dawg
Nov 28th, 05, 8:18 PM
What is they live in a rural suburban neighborhood and they have to walk across the street to play with a neighbor? What about riding their bikes down the street to get to a friends house? Not every neighborhood has sidewalks.

Drive them down there. I wouldn't want my kids to dissapear from my eyesight for a second, as much as kidnappings are rampant these days.

Phil Keller
Nov 28th, 05, 9:24 PM
My neighbors are pretty cool. They don't say anything about my BBC rattling their windows and vibrating trinkets off their shelves, and I don't say anything about their little girl's annoying tricycle with the PLASTIC WHEELS on the sidewalk.

John D
Nov 28th, 05, 9:44 PM
Ohhh - fingernails on a chalkboard!!

Our first apartment after getting married was a complex with a center courtyard. every Saturday morning... "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN - WE ANNOUNCE THE START OF THE BIG-WHEEL 500!!! START GRINDING THE PLASTIC WHEELSsssss"!!