What Exterior Color w/Dark Green Interior [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: What Exterior Color w/Dark Green Interior

JodysTransmissions
Jun 15th, 05, 8:10 AM
Hello Members,

I am colorblind and I need help with a exterior color pick. My wife has a '70 "SS" clone with the dark green interior. What original 1970 Chevelle color would look good with it besides Forest Green or Mist Green?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Jody

70Z15
Jun 15th, 05, 11:11 AM
According to my book you could get the following exterior colors with dark green interior:
Tuxedo Black, Cortez Silver, Classic White, Gobi Beige, Forest Green, Green Mist,Autumn Gold, Champagne Gold, and Shadow Grey

JodysTransmissions
Jun 15th, 05, 1:09 PM
70Z...........thanks for the reply but, what color looks best with the dark green interior?

Anyone else?

Thanks, Jody

LateNight72
Jun 15th, 05, 2:42 PM
IMO, I would stick with a Beige/gold or a Green...

72silverchevelle
Jun 15th, 05, 4:15 PM
I would go with a gold or white.

BillsCamino
Jun 15th, 05, 5:49 PM
My '70 is Classic White and I think that color would go well with the green interior...IMO.

SS4Real
Jun 15th, 05, 7:38 PM
Mist Green or Forrest Green will look good with that interior. Personally, I would take a different approach and change the interior color since it's a clone. Then your exterior choice will not be so limited.

SleeperBBC
Jun 15th, 05, 9:13 PM
My buddy had a 70 monte with dark green int and white paint. It was originally that way and looked great.

LateNight72
Jun 15th, 05, 9:23 PM
Forgot about white, White actually looks good aswell...

JodysTransmissions
Jun 16th, 05, 12:23 AM
This is hard to pick an exterior color being colorblind! I appreciate all your insights. Anyone have any pics of the color combos?

Thanks, Jody

propest
Jun 17th, 05, 1:06 PM
hi, i did my 71 in its original lime green metallic. only availible that year. i have the jade int. (dark green) Never had so many compliments on the color! you will defintely stand out.

TINMAN
Jun 19th, 05, 4:58 AM
I have the fathom green on my 69 w/ grn interior and grn vinyl top. Look in my sig for pics. Ernest

Cam
Jun 20th, 05, 1:44 AM
hi, i did my 71 in its original lime green metallic. only availible that year. i have the jade int. (dark green) Never had so many compliments on the color! you will defintely stand out.
The 1971 Lime Green Metallic was actually the same as the 1970 Citrus Green Metallic, but since it came out after the new 1970 Camaro (Feb. 26th intro) it is not mentioned on availability charts. It was a new Camaro color that was also offered on all other 1970 Chevies except the Corvette. It was pretty uncommon on '70 Chevelles and other car lines as I recall (Pontiac also used it in late '70 production). I have seen a '70 in that color with dark green interior and it looked quite nice (the car was a repaint; originally it was Frost Green). Actually, the car was a California Malibu being parted out by Early Birds in Toronto in the late nineties.