Successful Cam Break-in. Thanks Wolfplace [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: Successful Cam Break-in. Thanks Wolfplace

rbarnes
Apr 24th, 05, 9:12 PM
First I would like to thank Mike Lewis (Wolfplace). I had called him several times and not once was he short on an answer. I know some of my questions were common, but not once did he make feel like I was asking a dumb question, A great asset to this site. I finally got my engine in and running today. I was a great relief not hearing any knocking noises during break in. I had the engine rebuilt last July and had wiped the cam in about ten minutes. The company that built it could not figure out what went wrong. They rebuilt it and gave it back. I noticed a few things that didn't appear to be right so I took it apart and double checked to make things were good. I'm glad I did, I did find a few things that could have been done better. I put the engine in Saturday and fired her up this morning for the break-in. Everything went great. The only problem is that I had the carb restored and rebuilt and it's leaking gas out of the side where the choke is. Next step is fine tune the dwell, carb and timing. I'm just happy I don't have to pull it back out for another cam. Thanks again Mike and anyone who has answered my questions on this site.

Wolfplace
Apr 24th, 05, 10:39 PM
First I would like to thank Mike Lewis (Wolfplace). I had called him several times and not once was he short on an answer. I know some of my questions were common, but not once did he make feel like I was asking a dumb question, A great asset to this site. I finally got my engine in and running today. I was a great relief not hearing any knocking noises during break in. I had the engine rebuilt last July and had wiped the cam in about ten minutes. The company that built it could not figure out what went wrong. They rebuilt it and gave it back. I noticed a few things that didn't appear to be right so I took it apart and double checked to make things were good. I'm glad I did, I did find a few things that could have been done better. I put the engine in Saturday and fired her up this morning for the break-in. Everything went great. The only problem is that I had the carb restored and rebuilt and it's leaking gas out of the side where the choke is. Next step is fine tune the dwell, carb and timing. I'm just happy I don't have to pull it back out for another cam. Thanks again Mike and anyone who has answered my questions on this site.
=
Hi Ray,
Thanks for the kind post, it is appreciated & glad if I could help.

Sometimes I get pretty busy around here & cannot answer the phone but I always try as I have been on the other end of "customer support" that wasn't and companies or people who don't seem to have enough class to answer your phone calls or emails,,,, really pi$$es me off :mad:
If I don't call someone back or answer a question it is because,, at least in 99% of the cases,,, I really did forget,,,, there are of course some exceptions,,,, :rolleyes:

Been on here for a while now & met & talked to a number of the TC members & can honestly say in almost every case the experience has been positive & my "ignore list" is very very short :D
Anyway,,,, thanks again :beers: