65 2" cowl induction Hood [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: 65 2" cowl induction Hood

1965_Malibu
Mar 21st, 05, 10:17 PM
I would like any opinions on fiberglass hoods. I really like the look of the cowl induction but they don't make a steel hood for the 65. I was thinking of going with one that would take the factory hardware. Any help would be appreciated.

jay
Mar 21st, 05, 10:56 PM
I bought a Glasstek for my 65. It uses stock hinges and latch. The springs need to be changed to lighter ones ,other than that, it's a direct bolt on.

64chevlle
Mar 21st, 05, 11:15 PM
glasstek is the only way to go e mail me if you want pics of mine.. NOt any adjustments needed on mine.. just scuff and paint...

Brian

PRO65
Mar 21st, 05, 11:20 PM
I have a 2" cowel hood on my 65 chevelle and it is fiberglass.It fits like s_ _ t and has bowed in the middle from wind coming through the grill.I purchased it from unlimited fiberglass products.It bolts too the original hood hinges and is pinned in the front. I will never use another fiberglass hood. I have talked to a company named CLASSIC CHEVROLET PARTS,INC in Oklahoma city and they make steel cowl hoods for 66 and up chevelles. They are coming out with cowl hoods for 65 chevelles next year sometime.Give them a call or email them about buying one the more people that wants them the faster they will come out. ( 1-800-354-4040 ) or www.classicchevroletparts.com

1967talldeck427
Mar 22nd, 05, 12:57 AM
I have a 2" cowel hood on my 65 chevelle and it is fiberglass.It fits like s_ _ t and has bowed in the middle from wind coming through the grill.I purchased it from unlimited fiberglass products.It bolts too the original hood hinges and is pinned in the front. I will never use another fiberglass hood. I have talked to a company named CLASSIC CHEVROLET PARTS,INC in Oklahoma city and they make steel cowl hoods for 66 and up chevelles. They are coming out with cowl hoods for 65 chevelles next year sometime.Give them a call or email them about buying one the more people that wants them the faster they will come out. ( 1-800-354-4040 ) or www.classicchevroletparts.com

i know glasstek is pretty good, but this is the reason i waited for almost a year for the 67 steel ones to come out.

Whittaker
Mar 22nd, 05, 6:55 AM
I have a Glasteck on my 66 and the fit sucks. It is bowed and won't flatten out.

I'm going with a Goodmark steel unit.