1966 chevelle goodmark cowl hood [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: 1966 chevelle goodmark cowl hood

MARINA66SS
Jan 30th, 04, 4:09 PM
Just was in touch with goodmark on what timeline they have as far as there retooled 2" cowl hood for a 1966 chevelle and they said it should be done by april or may. Just figured I would let everyone know if they are thinking of buying one.

Ralph67
Jan 30th, 04, 4:21 PM
Hey what do you mean re-tooled i just bought a 67 hood and i havent fit it yet is this problem with 67 hoods as well and what is the problem that is making them re-tool?

SibbsSS
Jan 30th, 04, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the update.

Mike Sibbitt
66 396 SS

flywheel
Jan 31st, 04, 8:31 PM
I have one for my 66,only minor problems with it as far as finish...The fit was fine :D Have been working on the Elky for Chevellabration so the hood is on the back burner for now...

graemlins/waving.gif
Rick

Dean
Jan 31st, 04, 9:47 PM
Originally posted by flywheel:
Have been working on the Elky for Chevellabration so the hood is on the back burner for now...

graemlins/waving.gif
Rick http://macc.chevelles.net/images/rickelky3.jpg

graemlins/waving.gif

MARINA66SS
Feb 2nd, 04, 8:55 AM
Hey what do you mean re-tooled i just bought a 67 hood and i havent fit it yet is this problem with 67 hoods as well and what is the problem that is making them re-tool?

I assume they are fixing the problems but I only asked about the 66 version I don't know about the 67.

Ralph67
Feb 2nd, 04, 10:03 PM
ok what are the problems

67shovel
Feb 3rd, 04, 8:22 AM
Ralph67, the problem I've had was with the 67 SS hood. When it's closed you can still see the valve covers through the gap along the tops of the fenders.
Roger

TW
Feb 3rd, 04, 12:44 PM
I purchased a hood when they 1st came out and have not installed it yet, so the retooling concerned me. I emailed Goodmark asking them if it was true that they were retooling the 66 cowl hood. They responded (pretty quickly, I might add) that they were not retooling, only reworking the tooling they have. Apparently, the curves at the front of the hood were a little wavy and they were trying to fix it. That's what I was told, anyway. The edge of my hood looks fine????? The only area on the hood that I do not understand is why they did not make the filter housing sealing edge on the hood even all the way around. For some reason, the backside towards the windshield steps closer to the hood by about a half inch. I'm pretty sure the 69 Camaro and the 70 Chevelle were not like this.

Tom