: Getting ripped off with toilet paper now

ZZ69chevelle
Jul 5th, 10, 3:07 PM
Tossed a new roll on the spool after taking care of a little business and noticed the roll from the new pack is about 3/4 inch shorter. Those cheap bastards at Northern figured nobody would notice. I sure hope it doesn't affect performance. :mad:

musclecarjohn
Jul 5th, 10, 3:14 PM
LOL,better keep those nails trimmed short!

69F41SS
Jul 5th, 10, 3:16 PM
Scotts 1000 baby! always has at least 1000 sheets and 1 roll last way longer than any Northern brand. Even during those real healthy dumps where you would flush 2 or 3 times with Northern, you can wipe and wipe and never clog the toilet!

grandsport
Jul 5th, 10, 3:20 PM
Darn Chinese strike again.:D

dreis454
Jul 5th, 10, 4:01 PM

:yes:l:)l:)

jfkheat
Jul 5th, 10, 4:17 PM
Sounds like a pretty crappy thing to have to deal with to me. :D
James

cheveslakr
Jul 5th, 10, 4:50 PM
I think the cardboard tube is growing in size also.

Jerry

Mike
Jul 5th, 10, 5:00 PM
I really must be bored.
From the QuiltedNorthern (http://www.quiltednorthern.com/faq.html) site:
What roll sizes and sheet counts are available for the Quilted Northern Ultra Plush bath tissue? Are both Double and Mega rolls available?

Quilted Northern Ultra Plush is available in Double Rolls of 6, 12 and 24, as well as Mega Rolls of 6, 9 and 18. Double Rolls consist of 200 sheets and Mega Rolls have 267 sheets per roll. While the sheet count per roll is the same as the original Quilted Northern Ultra 2-ply, the roll size itself is narrower, creating additional efficiencies. Quilted Northern Ultra Plush requires less packaging, creates a smaller case size, uses less core paper per roll, and can be transported more efficiently.

68KMENO
Jul 5th, 10, 6:03 PM

personal experience ?? l:)

thanks for that mental image :eek:

stellar
Jul 5th, 10, 6:47 PM
I hear they still have the larger size roll, but it is being marketed as Magnum Size for Big A$$ holes.

DOUG G
Jul 5th, 10, 7:35 PM
I think they're using the paper towel rolls for the TP now ???? Looks near same size :eek: Less for more $$$ :yes:

mr 4 speed
Jul 5th, 10, 9:29 PM
since we are on the topic of toilet paper:
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/data/500/zim_dollar_sign.jpg

dyno jonn
Jul 5th, 10, 9:52 PM
Just ask Sheryl Crow... Gotta save them trees. :D

Mr69
Jul 5th, 10, 11:44 PM
Darn Chinese strike again.:D

well if you only nibble on rice and fish, how much TP you gonna need ?:D

The kids laughing in the background is what makes this so funny.

YouTube- Elephant Eats Poop

Mr69
Jul 5th, 10, 11:50 PM
Interesting thing about Bench racing...........the topics can go from one end..........to the other .........end.l:)

Don't know why I thought of you.....but Hi Gary :waving:

Bowtie-72
Jul 6th, 10, 6:50 PM
Do you actually use the whole sheet completely from side to side, you know, meandering from side to side as it is used or something? I don't think I would (or have) noticeed that much lopped off the sides.

Beaux
Jul 6th, 10, 7:06 PM
Could be worse - you could live somewhere that folks still have a wiping hand and an eating hand......worse yet - you could be one handed.

von
Jul 6th, 10, 8:01 PM
Could be worse - you could live somewhere that folks still have a wiping hand and an eating hand......worse yet - you could be one handed.
Or have a hook instead of a hand like some pirates. :D AAARRGG, matey!

mr 4 speed
Jul 6th, 10, 8:03 PM
Or have a hook instead of a hand like some pirates. :D AAARRGG, matey!

LMAO!! nice!! :D :thumbsup:

davewho1
Jul 6th, 10, 10:24 PM
This stuff rocks. Or wipes? Whatever ... :D

Mr69
Jul 7th, 10, 6:18 AM
Looks like this thread kinda went down the toilet.

PCB67SS
Jul 7th, 10, 8:00 AM
While the sheet count per roll is the same as the original Quilted Northern Ultra 2-ply, the roll size itself is narrower, creating additional efficiencies. Quilted Northern Ultra Plush requires less packaging, creates a smaller case size, uses less core paper per roll, and can be transported more efficiently.

Today it is referred to as efficiencies......:clonk:

chevele72
Jul 7th, 10, 8:21 AM
Look on the bright side, at least it wasn't the John Wayne toilet paper,,,,rough and tough and don't take any sh&* off of anyone.

dyno jonn
Jul 7th, 10, 9:52 AM
Just be glad they aren't forcing you to use both sides..... yet. l:)

ToocoolZ28
Jul 7th, 10, 10:17 AM
We used this for a couple of weeks and it kept clogging up my toilets:sad:

Rob G
Jul 7th, 10, 12:29 PM
Angel soft, tough yet won't clog the toilets!

Q-ship
Jul 7th, 10, 4:23 PM
Well that is a crappy development. Fold over to remove skid marks.

Beaux
Jul 7th, 10, 5:35 PM

I refuse to by any product, even toiletpaper, where the actual ad campaign inlvolves a cartoon animal and dingle berries. I do not wish to see the explicit implication that a particular product focuses on those with a hairy butt / dingle berry problem.

I dont hunt but if I ever found a way to incorporate myself into a cartoon I would find those bears, sedate them and have their butts shaved just to kill their careers of pooping in the woods on TV and flashing their dingleberries at me through the tube.

If you need to wipe your butt with a quilt then for goodness sakes man - see a doctor or stop drinking grease and prune milkshakes.

;)

Chicken Coupe
Jul 7th, 10, 6:08 PM
Obviously, they don't give a crap. l:)

ZZ69chevelle
Nov 30th, 10, 12:36 PM
OK, now I'm really getting pissed. The cardboard rolls just got bigger in diameter. :mad:

Andy69
Nov 30th, 10, 12:40 PM
I hear they still have the larger size roll, but it is being marketed as Magnum Size for Big A$$ holes.

that's the one I need

dyno jonn
Nov 30th, 10, 1:39 PM
Along the same lines, Puffs has dropped the number of snot rags from 216 to 200 per box. Not only that, they got 1/2" shorter. The way I figure, we're getting about 20 % less product for the same money.

dukess396
Nov 30th, 10, 1:56 PM
Angel soft, tough yet won't clog the toilets!
Yeah right, the tp is clogging the toilet. Thats what I tell my wife too. For what its worth, the scotts stuff works great for removing surface rust and knocking down bondo.

REMIX
Nov 30th, 10, 2:15 PM
This thread is just about the funniest thing I've ever seen on this board.

RMX

chevelle67-427wagon
Nov 30th, 10, 2:28 PM
OK, now I'm really getting pissed. The cardboard rolls just got bigger in diameter. :mad:

At least you still got a cardboard tube. I don't remember which company but one of them just started selling rolls without the tube, all the others will follow if it works.

novaderrik
Nov 30th, 10, 2:37 PM
Along the same lines, Puffs has dropped the number of snot rags from 216 to 200 per box. Not only that, they got 1/2" shorter. The way I figure, we're getting about 20 % less product for the same money.

they are doing the same thing with cereals.. actually, with everything in the stores. they keep the price the same, but give you less. the costs of supplies and energy has gone up, so this is how they pass the costs onto the consumers without making it look to most people like they are raising the cost per unit.
i believe the fancy talking-head-on-tv word for it is "inflation"- the money you use to buy it is worth less than it was in the past, so it takes more money to buy the same amount of product.

forcd ind
Nov 30th, 10, 2:47 PM
and when your done, you realize your water saver toilet actually uses more water because you have to flush it 3 times per sitting

66360horse
Nov 30th, 10, 6:08 PM
and when your done, you realize your water saver toilet actually uses more water because you have to flush it 3 times per sitting

I have been saying this since the low flows came out

66360horse
Nov 30th, 10, 6:13 PM
I just ran out of tp and had to use coffee filters,I hate it when we run out of $hit tickets!

von
Nov 30th, 10, 7:47 PM
Can you imagine the old days before toilet paper when they used corn cobs? Then later pages out of the Sears and Roebuck catalog?

Tempelton
Nov 30th, 10, 7:49 PM
I just ran out of tp and had to use coffee filters,I hate it when we run out of $hit tickets!
gives a-hole new meaning to chock full o'nuts coffee:D

grandsport
Nov 30th, 10, 7:55 PM
I thought this was a Chevelle site.:confused:

66360horse
Nov 30th, 10, 9:20 PM
I thought this was a Chevelle site.:confused:

Welcome to the poop thread gary:waving:

Chris R
Nov 30th, 10, 10:03 PM
You would have thought Gary would have found this thread back when it was first posted.:)

grandsport
Nov 30th, 10, 10:08 PM
You would have thought Gary would have found this thread back when it was first posted.:)

I saw it. I choose not to get involved in crap like this.:)

Chris R
Nov 30th, 10, 10:22 PM

Lol, thats the first time I have ever heard it called that before.:D

I saw it. I choose not to get involved in crap like this.:)

l:)

With this thread and Jesse's thread. You guys are on fire tonight.:thumbsup:

ssick70velle
Nov 30th, 10, 10:26 PM
Lol, thats the first time I have ever heard it called that before.:D

l:)

With this thread and Jesse's thread. You guys are on fire tonight.:thumbsup:

Must have been some bad Taco Bell

grandsport
Nov 30th, 10, 10:29 PM
Hi Jesse.:waving:

ssick70velle