C-Clip elminator [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: C-Clip elminator

Big Earl
May 6th, 10, 8:45 AM
I'm running a set of C-Clip Eliminators on a 12 bolt rear end with GM axles. The Q's I have is, does any one have a detail diagram as how to remove the axles and clips ie. do I have to remove the center inspection cover? I've got a leak which I guess is not uncommon that needs to be fixed. I've never worked on these before and don't want to do screw up. So any basic info. or tricks of the trade would be great.

Big Earl

VinceS427bb
May 6th, 10, 1:29 PM
c-clip eliminators should have bolts from the axle flange into the bearing retainer assy.
pull wheel+brake drum, unbolt the 4-bolts holding the axle to the bearing retainer assy.
pull axle assy out for reseal of the eliminator kit. :)

Big Earl
May 6th, 10, 3:13 PM
Thanks Vince.......

Wasn't sure if it was as simple as I thought.

Sorry for post it in the wrong spot... Just noticed it now

Big Earl

Big Earl
May 6th, 10, 10:10 PM
Got one more Q's. I've got rear drums and the E brake lever assembly is missing. I'm just wondering will I be able to use this lever assembly with the C-clip eliminator blocks? It looks like there might be room but the way things are going I'm not sure. If any one is using this set up could you let me know. :sad:

Thanks, Big Earl

VinceS427bb
May 7th, 10, 1:52 PM
e-brake works with the e-kit
mine was on the stock drums
and now the bigger 11''-drums :)

Big Earl
May 7th, 10, 2:05 PM
Vince..

So I take it that you had to change everything from backing plate hardware the works? Also could you give more info. on this e kit?

Thanks, Big Earl

VinceS427bb
May 7th, 10, 3:51 PM
Vince..

So I take it that you had to change everything from backing plate hardware the works? Also could you give more info. on this e kit?

Thanks, Big Earl
i was using all stock hardware from the 10-12bolt rear axle
if you need some you should be able to find good stock parts for free:thumbsup:

the new 11''-drum kit came with new hardware

stock e-brake cable was transfered onto new backing plate and attached to arm the same as the stock set-up...

ratuned
May 7th, 10, 5:33 PM
hey vince, which kit did u go with. how tough to install? worth the $. i have a spare 12 bolt with all new internals. just need brakes and it has a strange eliminater kit on stock c-clip superior axles. thanx mike

Big Earl
May 7th, 10, 6:25 PM
Wow.... Vince you just got the lead in my movie.

All I've heard is you can't use E brakes, get rid of the eliminators. Is this something new that you just found out about? The reason I'm asking is because I went through all the old posts, back to 2006 and got the same old story.

What you say make sense.. bigger drum more room. Hey... huge thanks again. May drop you an email when i get roll'n on this. if your cool with that?

Big Earl

Big Earl
May 7th, 10, 6:56 PM
Vince get another shot out to yah..

Just saw mikes post there. What kind of kit (model & year) did you go with?

VinceS427bb
May 7th, 10, 11:40 PM
i was using the stock 9.5''-drums with the e-brakes and c-clip eliminator

i got an 11''-master power brakes kit fits 64-72 chevelles 10 or 12 bolt axles
they made the stock drums look puny, i have 15''x5.5''-bs rims and they fit inside with about 1/2-3/4'' of clearance for airflow past the fins, drums are cryo-treated for better cooling.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180979&highlight=11%27%27+drums

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180983&highlight=11%27%27+drums

Big Earl
May 8th, 10, 12:56 AM
So you were using 9.5 rear drums with E-brake and c-clip elminators?