: What do the little blue lights mean?

Mr69
Dec 9th, 09, 8:42 PM
From time to time I will see where people put a little blue light or maybe a red or yellow light in their homes windows.
I was told by someone years ago that this is a signal to drug buyers that they have drugs to sell and are open for business.

I see a blue light in the neighbors house across the street right now that I have never seen before. It is flashing from dim to bright, blue in color.
Any truth to the drug thing? Is this some secret code that drug buyers/sellers use?

grandsport
Dec 9th, 09, 8:48 PM
Maybe the neighbor with the blue light works at KMart :D

quikss
Dec 9th, 09, 8:50 PM
Christmas lights?? ;)

Jeff

Mr69
Dec 9th, 09, 8:58 PM
Christmas lights?? ;)

Jeff

No.
I knew someone would say that but I see these lights in windows at apartments and houses all thruout the year.

70ChevelleNut
Dec 9th, 09, 8:59 PM
Google is a nice thing to use. http://www.horsham.org/departments/police/project-blue-light.aspx

In summary:
"We would like to ask each of you to please consider placing a blue light in your window during the holiday season to show your support for your police officers."

quikss
Dec 9th, 09, 9:01 PM
A simple google search turns up lots of results about putting a blue light in the front window this holiday season as a memorial for the fallen officers of Lakewood Washington.

Jeff

Slowpoke70
Dec 9th, 09, 10:23 PM
From time to time I will see where people put a little blue light or maybe a red or yellow light in their homes windows.
I was told by someone years ago that this is a signal to drug buyers that they have drugs to sell and are open for business.

I see a blue light in the neighbors house across the street right now that I have never seen before. It is flashing from dim to bright, blue in color.
Any truth to the drug thing? Is this some secret code that drug buyers/sellers use?

No, they hang sneakers off the telephone/power lines near the home, that's the drug dealer code!

Mr69
Dec 9th, 09, 10:26 PM
hmmm????

I do remember years ago I saw one in the window of an apartment.
This guy pulls up and parks, gets out, walks across the lawn to the window. The window opens and there is a quick hand to hand exchange. Then the guy goes back to the car and drives off.

I just figured these lights were code for the druggies.

Mr69
Dec 9th, 09, 10:28 PM
No, they hang sneakers off the telephone/power lines near the home, that's the drug dealer code!

Don't know about that one.

I see those around the county too. Just figured it was kids messing around.

PaPa Johns 77
Dec 9th, 09, 10:51 PM
Now we all know what the red ones mean!:yes:

Andy69
Dec 9th, 09, 10:57 PM
A simple google search turns up lots of results about putting a blue light in the front window this holiday season as a memorial for the fallen officers of Lakewood Washington.

Jeff

that explains why I see them all over Memphis

Chevelle408
Dec 9th, 09, 11:01 PM
Aliens. :D

1badss396
Dec 9th, 09, 11:06 PM
Nate you can put your pink light back in your window.:D

Mr69
Dec 9th, 09, 11:14 PM
Nate you can put your pink light back in your window.:D

Not your type Bradley:p

1972convss454
Dec 10th, 09, 12:27 AM
Do they have aluminum foil on the other windows???

Chris R
Dec 10th, 09, 2:42 AM

Jeff

I was trying to remember where I seen the blue light thing the other day and that was it. Officers of the Lakewood, WA tragedy.

rianbechtold
Dec 10th, 09, 3:31 AM

:yes: I learned that when I bought the four door chevelle down in pacoima. The guy I bought it from was cool and I asked what was the best way to get to the freeway. He told me and then said if I see any shoes hanging from the telephone lines on the entrance of the street DO NOT go down that street!

And the light in the window is supposed to be in memorial of any and all cops. My parents used to do it when I was younger because a close family friend was a cop.