video from Wash. state cops [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: video from Wash. state cops

dreis454
Dec 4th, 09, 4:33 PM
the burnout by the Vette looks awesome on that FLIR!

http://www.chronlinemedia.com/video/091201_copchase.php

kettbo
Dec 4th, 09, 4:39 PM
sure don't wanna see my car stolen and 'pitted'

66 Buick Special
Dec 4th, 09, 6:00 PM
That was cool!

1966malibu
Dec 4th, 09, 6:10 PM
The infrared imaging was way cool to see. The heat signature from the exhaust was killer. The old saying you can run but you cant hide comes to mind after watching that.

Eddie_m63
Dec 4th, 09, 6:26 PM
I am sure the owner won't be happy.

mmurphy77
Dec 4th, 09, 7:11 PM
I always wonder what makes these people think they can flee and get away with it. I mean, how is running going to HELP the situation?

rak1
Dec 4th, 09, 7:20 PM
I always feel sorry for the person whose car was stolen and then totaled. The crock could care less; it was just a joy ride for him. It was very cool to see in a very sad way, but neat at the same time.:sad::D:sad::mad:

Kevin R
Dec 4th, 09, 7:29 PM
If my car was ever stolen I don't want it back. You never know what the dirt bag did to it or in it. I would be glad if it was totaled then I could get a new one.

rak1
Dec 4th, 09, 7:31 PM
I always wonder what makes these people think they can flee and get away with it. I mean, how is running going to HELP the situation?
It doesn't but the thief thinks what the heck I'm going to jail anyhow I might at least have fun and it gives him something to tell his buddy's in jail. Also it gives them some notoriety since the video was posted and people are watching it.

Kevin R
Dec 4th, 09, 7:35 PM
It doesn't but the thief thinks what the heck I'm going to jail anyhow I might at least have fun and it gives him something to tell his buddy's in jail. Also it gives them some notoriety since the video was posted and people are watching it.

Its pretty stupid cause it just adds more charges to the whole thing. Plus it gives the cops a reason to pull you out of the car and beat the crap out of you. And if you get hurt they dont care your still getting ripped out and a beat down.

rak1
Dec 4th, 09, 7:40 PM
Its pretty stupid cause it just adds more charges to the whole thing. Plus it gives the cops a reason to pull you out of the car and beat the crap out of you. And if you get hurt they dont care your still getting ripped out and a beat down.
But isn't it more of "look what I did, I totaled a new Corvette and gave them a run for their money type of thing, so I'm cool"? If you run from the cops they are going to give you a beat down anyway for running, but since we're not thief's I don't think we see it the same way as they do.

rak1
Dec 4th, 09, 7:43 PM
I never understood it either but it seems to happen all the time, so there must be some reason for doing it for them. After all you could tell the loser in the video had given up trying to get away since he came to a stop, locked the fronts, floored the gas, and then smoked the rear tires and let it rip. He wasn’t trying to get away anymore he was just going for the show.

FourEightyNine
Dec 5th, 09, 4:47 AM
Fight or Flight response. Granted it seems obvious to us that you would just stop and give up. But whos to say if you stole a car and you felt for even a split instance that you might be able to get away you wouldnt just try for it?

Cool burnout!:D

66 Buick Special
Dec 5th, 09, 8:25 AM

ummm... your honor, I'm going to have to plead the fifth... uh, four times actually.:rolleyes:

Hey, the statute of limitations ran out long ago.

I've never stolen a car, but I was young, dumb, and well... police technology wasn't then what it is now.

Kids do NOT try this at home.:noway:

SS_Sean
Dec 5th, 09, 10:43 AM
sure don't wanna see my car stolen and 'pitted'

"A Lewis County Sheriff's Office deputy, with help from Washington State Patrol air support ran a red Corvette off the road Friday night south of Chehalis in pursuit of murder suspect Robert J. Maddaus. "

I would want them to pit your corvette. :yes:

1badss396
Dec 5th, 09, 11:19 AM
After the crash it did not look like they dragged him out of the car:confused: Did the guy get killed or what??

kblock108
Dec 5th, 09, 11:49 AM
The pit looked awsome, the tactics seemed odd. Think of this...Murder suspect, first spot they stopped one of the officers almost parked next to him (if I killed someone and wanted a cop too, that cop would have been shot). After the pit, the officers run up to the car (instead of keeping cover and called the suspect out to you)! IMHO...

66 Buick Special
Dec 5th, 09, 2:36 PM
Good points Sean and Ken. I had missed the "murder suspect" entirely.

I think the severity/urgency of the "pit" was also due to the fact that less than a half mile ahead he was flying right into the accident scene already blocking the entire road, (if you take into consideration the traffic being diverted into the oncoming lane).

Not to mention there were probably emergency workers out and on foot at the scene dealing with traffic and the accident. There was a strong likelyhood that it was about to get really ugly.

OutCast
Dec 5th, 09, 3:18 PM
Fight or Flight response. Granted it seems obvious to us that you would just stop and give up. :noway: But whos to say if you stole a car and you felt for even a split instance that you might be able to get away you wouldnt just try for it? :yes:

x2

I thought everyone's outraced the cops at some point in their lives ????:confused:

Maybe just an island thing.

mattiepschevelle
Dec 5th, 09, 3:49 PM
island people have a whole different way of thinking....... haha I was raised on an island

Kevin R
Dec 5th, 09, 8:30 PM
x2

I thought everyone's outraced the cops at some point in their lives ????:confused:

Maybe just an island thing.

I have only done it on motorcycles.:D

66 Buick Special
Dec 6th, 09, 1:23 AM
1X on a bike
2X in my '67 Mustang
1X in my '68 Chevelle

Granted the last time was 25 years ago when I was only 20.

I've become much to old and lazy to bother with all that excitement these days. Besides, I've got a family that I'm responsible too.

Brettd85
Dec 6th, 09, 4:23 PM
Jeez Greg! You were just afraid they would cut your hair... I'm curious the outcome of some of these chases. Any good stories? :)

OutCast
Dec 6th, 09, 5:59 PM
...I'm curious the outcome of some of these chases. Any good stories? :)

Nothing I want to incriminate myself with on a public forum. However, we can swap a few stories around the campfire this upcoming racing season. :beers:

66 Buick Special
Dec 6th, 09, 7:07 PM
Nothing I want to incriminate myself with on a public forum. However, we can swap a few stories around the campfire this upcoming racing season. :beers:

x2 :noway:

I will say that a week after one incident I was followed for over a mile through a few turns by an unmarked car. I told my passengers that the cop we had just passed sitting on the side of the road was now following us.

He finally lit me up, pulled me over. Pulled me out of the car, put me in the back of his car, and read me my rights.

I asked what I had done (I had been very careful because I knew he was following me) he said, "You were racing."

"Who exactly was I supposed to be racing?"

"That brown Duster"

"I wasn't racing anybody."

"Sign here and you agree to show up in court, or don't and I will impound your car and take you to jail."

I signed a ticket for "reckless racing".

I went to my arraignment and pled not guilty. The judge asked me if I had retained an attorney. I said "no, I didn't do anything wrong".

He said do you understand if found guilty you could be facing jail time and loss of your license.

I retained an attorney.:yes:

With affidavids from me and both of my passengers, the judge concluded that it was harassment, but still dinged me for $37 "failure to use due care and caution".

I decided although that wasn't correct either, I wasn't going to push it.

I have always assumed that whole incident was "payback" for outrunning an unmarked car of the same color the week before, about two miles from where this incident happened and in the same jurisdiction.

lesscubes
Dec 6th, 09, 7:10 PM
I've never had to outrun the cops.

But I have gone stupid fast on public roads, got the 'velle up to 110 on the everett flats.

kblock108
Dec 6th, 09, 7:44 PM
Its fun to try and out run people, from what I hear from people my age who did it back in high school :) But it's even funner to chase people now as an adult ;)

1966malibu
Dec 6th, 09, 8:07 PM

X2

I had a 77 FORMULA Firebird in the early 80's that was a little to well known down here in the South Sound. Lets just say it wasn't stock ;).

Dave
Dec 6th, 09, 9:25 PM
Its fun to try and out run people, from what I hear from people my age who did it back in high school :) But it's even funner to chase people now as an adult ;)

Look out, the undercover PoPo, is in Da house.;)

:D

cobaltchev67
Dec 6th, 09, 10:02 PM
I think it's hilarious that a guy who seems to be a cop in our little forum uses the non-word "funner"l:).

I've never run from the cops, but I have had weird people follow me before. I did just about have a cop pull his gun on me once coming out of a church parking lot in Sumner I'd never been to before...they won't let you turn left there apparently and he was directly traffic. He signaled me to roll down my window and scolded me, I said "I would've ran you over before you got your gun out of your holster for J-walking":D. He didn't like that, but it was too late, I was already moving.

TCSS1970
Dec 6th, 09, 11:33 PM
Its a good thing he didn't have a Z06 or those fords would have never caught him. As for the running thing I plead the fifth! I can honestly say I know so much more now than back when I thought I knew it all and thought I was bullet proof.:yes:

kblock108
Dec 7th, 09, 1:49 AM
I think it's hilarious that a guy who seems to be a cop in our little forum uses the non-word "funner"l:).

I've never run from the cops, but I have had weird people follow me before. I did just about have a cop pull his gun on me once coming out of a church parking lot in Sumner I'd never been to before...they won't let you turn left there apparently and he was directly traffic. He signaled me to roll down my window and scolded me, I said "I would've ran you over before you got your gun out of your holster for J-walking":D. He didn't like that, but it was too late, I was already moving.

Give me a break :D and I am guilty of using a ghetto street slang term...Dont blow my cover :secret:

OutCast
Dec 7th, 09, 1:54 AM
Bummer. I was hoping with your first name, and your screen name, you were the guy from Ken Block racing that does that crazy rally stuff with that Imprezza.

Oh well, there's always tomorrow for my chance to meet a celebrity. :D

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

SS_Sean
Dec 7th, 09, 3:11 AM
Look out, the undercover PoPo, is in Da house.;)

:D

We've been here all along. ;)

kblock108
Dec 7th, 09, 3:20 AM
We've been here all along. ;)

:hurray: Cool, roll call?