Is this wrong? [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: Is this wrong?

lesscubes
Dec 1st, 09, 3:14 AM
I like the Malibu Maxx SS. Please guys, tell me I don't have to consult professional help because of this.

http://www.autobase.com/photos/00640/0426/04266803_001.jpg

kettbo
Dec 1st, 09, 3:18 AM
yawn

FourEightyNine
Dec 1st, 09, 3:25 AM
http://yellowbullet.com/forum/images/smilies/gay.gif

mattiepschevelle
Dec 1st, 09, 3:31 AM
"come on kids, time to goto soccer practice"

whiteboy w/2BBs
Dec 1st, 09, 4:45 AM
lol the ss is only body badging and interior stuff i believe, pretty sure theres no sc engine or anything upgraded motor wise, new chevy's arent worth buying new, unless its a zr1 vette. i'd buy a lancer evolution before i even thought of buying a new camaro ss. its all pretty much junk. poorly made junk. used to work on chevy commercials, i drove and took apart every car made in their lineup, inside and out. cheap

huffhuff
Dec 1st, 09, 8:32 AM
it's wrong wheel drive! I can't stand a front wheel drive car fighting me steering. I have 5 vehicles from 1923 to 2009 and all are RWD.

ehjorten
Dec 1st, 09, 10:05 AM
I would say the only thing wrong with it is the SS badging. Nothing really wrong with liking a daily driver new Malibu in my opinion. We have a 2003 Cavalier that gets 30 MPG and has never missed a beat! My brother just got an Equinox and I think it is a pretty nice vehicle. I would also be interested to know in what decade whiteboy use to work on chevy commercials, and also why in working on commercials he took apart every car in their lineup? You can't compare the new Chevys of today with those of the 80's and early 90's!!!

lesscubes
Dec 1st, 09, 11:05 AM
NICE. Lol.

No, I need a Daily Driver that wont kick my ass every time I turn the key. The Pale Blue Bitch needs some rest and I might actually work on it if I could take my time and do it right instead of band-aiding every problem.

I don't know if I can afford it though.

rak1
Dec 1st, 09, 11:39 AM
To me it looks like a boring family car for the wife.

dyno jonn
Dec 1st, 09, 12:18 PM
Does the SS stand for Super Slow or what? :sad:

RAMBO
Dec 1st, 09, 12:26 PM
I've given them a couple looks as a daily driver They are nice cars, and have gotten great ratings from the reviewers.
Personally though i wouldn't spend a dime extra on the "SS" package- daily driver is a daily driver. I'll save my $$ for the "Fun" car in the garage.

Another thought if looking at basic daily driver car... Hyundi's have 10 year warrantees- some are made in the USA. Very nice cars. My dad bought my grandma a 2006 accent 4 door (little econobox) when she finnaly said she didn't want to drive anymore this year, I drove it home from spokane so my dad could sell it- and was VERY impresssed with that little car.

I know several people who have the regular size car hyundai (can't think of its name) and love them.

Just a thought.

Brettd85
Dec 1st, 09, 12:47 PM

l:)

Mr. Monza
Dec 1st, 09, 1:12 PM
Does the SS stand for Super Slow or what? :sad:

In the case of this car, "STOP SNICKERING!".

lesscubes
Dec 1st, 09, 10:17 PM
I'm ashamed of myself.

And I feel dirty cause I want it.

Kevin R
Dec 1st, 09, 10:34 PM
I'm ashamed of myself.

And I feel dirty cause I want it.

Don't let any of these guys determine what car you want:noway:

All that matters is that you like it as your the one that has to drive it.:yes:

1966malibu
Dec 1st, 09, 10:47 PM
Jim the Malibu was built for the masses as a throw away car. Good for about 150,000 miles at the most. The Maxx model is very utilitarian and would work great for a daily driver. If you like the looks and it fits your budget get it. You are the one who is going to drive it, not your TCNW friends :yes:.

gotago
Dec 1st, 09, 10:48 PM
Don't let any of these guys determine what car you want:noway:

All that matters is that you like it as your the one that has to drive it.:yes:

You're just trying to divert attention away from your Scion:D

Kevin R
Dec 1st, 09, 10:50 PM
You're just trying to divert attention away from your Scion:D

Hey now my Scion rocks. It runs 16.6 in the 1/4 and does killer burnout:yes::D Oh and it gets 34 MPG

bad.samaritan
Dec 1st, 09, 11:19 PM
I agree with Kevin, everyone is going to have a personal opinion on cars. Just do your homework: edmunds.com, kbb.com etc. and make sure your getting what you want.

mattiepschevelle
Dec 1st, 09, 11:35 PM
Just consider it a form of birth control! J/k

FRYNTYR
Dec 1st, 09, 11:39 PM
Just needs a supercharger and all is good.

66 Buick Special
Dec 2nd, 09, 2:06 AM
Just needs a supercharger and all is good.

No nitrous???:eek:

lesscubes
Dec 2nd, 09, 11:42 AM
I was thinking LS4 swap from a wrecked 05-08 Impala or Monte SS. LOL

It probably wouldn't be hard to Juice it though, or a turbo system.