I love a good quadrajet [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: I love a good quadrajet

anychevy
Oct 2nd, 09, 2:38 AM
Hey guys.
Yeah, I'm still lurking around here and though I'd give you an update. I put the stock intake and Qjet back on in place of the RPM and that 3310 (POS)
http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq176/anychevy/IMG_1401.jpg?t=1254455187
Much more bottom end torque, just mash the peddle and it smokes em :D

Lost a little up top though, after 5000 it just drops right off, but I sort of expected that.
http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq176/anychevy/IMG_1382.jpg?t=1254460339
I going for the totally stock look now and I missed that old Qjet roar :D plus it's alot more civilized to drive, before it was like just on or off :confused:
Next it'll be new coils all round to bring the ride height back up, the originals springs are flogged out anyway.
Cheers guys and behave :D

webfoot
Oct 2nd, 09, 2:49 AM
That looks real good!

OutCast
Oct 2nd, 09, 3:43 AM
Looks good, Dave.

Good to see you back on the site.

anychevy
Oct 2nd, 09, 4:01 AM
Looks good, Dave.

Good to see you back on the site.

Thanks mate
After that ride in the "punisher" I realized my ambitions of making my car go alot faster (without serious modifications) were a tad unrealistic to say the least.
So, I might as well make it look pretty and if it's slower, oh well, at least it looks fast ;)
That car of yours is a weapon :yes: even without gas and slicks, it still pulls harder than a 14 year old with his first penthouse :D
It's been a while since I've been in a 11 second car, so thanks again, I loved it.
Cheers
Dave

bad.samaritan
Oct 2nd, 09, 4:53 AM
Hey Dave,

Nice 70 you have there....You have to get all inds of looks in that in Sydney. I was down there a couple of times last summer (your winter) and loved it, even though I was there for work. Hoping to go back soon, as soon as some contracts get inked in.

anychevy
Oct 2nd, 09, 5:39 AM
Hoping to go back soon
Cool :cool: look me up if you come back (that goes for all of you, you know) :D

ehjorten
Oct 2nd, 09, 10:44 AM
Hey guys.
http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq176/anychevy/IMG_1382.jpg?t=1254460339
I going for the totally stock look now and I missed that old Qjet roar :D plus it's alot more civilized to drive, before it was like just on or off :confused:
Next it'll be new coils all round to bring the ride height back up, the originals springs are flogged out anyway.
Cheers guys and behave :D

Going for that totally stock look?...what is that sticker doing on the passenger side of the radiator top plate?! :) :beers:

dyno jonn
Oct 2nd, 09, 12:29 PM
Going for that totally stock look?...what is that sticker doing on the passenger side of the radiator top plate?!

Check what country anychevy is in.....

ehjorten
Oct 2nd, 09, 2:20 PM
So did they add the aftermarket coolant sticker to Australian Chevelles and also make them Left-hand drive? Just poking a little fun, but Chevrolet never put anything but the emmissions sticker on the LH side of the radiator top plate. Those other stickers like the coolant sticker and the caution fan sticker that some parts groups sell as OE are not OE.

:beers:

FRYNTYR
Oct 2nd, 09, 2:25 PM
Looks great Dave,,,, nice and clean.

Maybe someday you'll be able to visit the states (Seattle area) when we're doing one of our get togethers.

kettbo
Oct 2nd, 09, 2:29 PM
Looks a lot nicer 'stock look' than my 70 Elky.....
Only comment is that a shorter filter AND a points type distributor (suitably upgraded inside) would look far more correct.

anychevy
Oct 2nd, 09, 8:48 PM
Only comment is that a shorter filter AND a points type distributor (suitably upgraded inside) would look far more correct.
I should have said "more stock looking" I'm keeping the HEI for now until I stumble across a decent stock dizzy, then I'll put a 3" element on.
You sure about the "coolant" sticker Erik, I thought that was correct :confused:
As for visiting Seattle Doc ? I nearly made it it August but ran out of time (it was the middle of the week anyway) but next time for sure.

Brettd85
Oct 2nd, 09, 10:03 PM
Looks great Dave, I still remember looking at the car. Sweet ride! :thumbsup:

ehjorten
Oct 3rd, 09, 5:50 PM
You sure about the "coolant" sticker Erik, I thought that was correct :confused:

Pretty sure...that is what I was told and I looked in the assembly manual and it only shows the emissions sticker.

anychevy
Oct 3rd, 09, 8:37 PM
Pretty sure...that is what I was told and I looked in the assembly manual and it only shows the emissions sticker.
O.K. off it comes :sad:

furball8994
Oct 3rd, 09, 8:43 PM
That car of yours is a weapon :yes: even without gas and slicks, it still pulls harder than a 14 year old with his first penthouse :D

Dave

l:)l:)

Car looks sweet Dave!!!!