No more lousy videos from OutCast [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: No more lousy videos from OutCast

OutCast
Jul 13th, 09, 2:01 AM
As many of you have witnessed, I have been often lacking in quality videos of my car related happenings. However, from this day forward, that should greatly improve.

At our company golf tournament today I nailed a KP, (closest to the pin shot, for you non-golfers), and won a sweet Sony digital camera. :beers:

I don't know much about it, but it is a 10.0 megapixel job with a bunch of crazy features.

It must be a good one, as my home-movie-making / super-techie teenage son was all eyes when I showed it to him.

Some sweet burnout videos with good sound coming right up ! :D

cobaltchev67
Jul 13th, 09, 2:05 AM
How close did you get to the pin? Golfer here obviously....

Good deal about the digital camera. I suppose I should make a vid one of these days....maybe tomorrow.

Juhosaphat
Jul 13th, 09, 2:06 AM
Sweet! I need to just start putting mine to use lol I always bring it and never use it!

I haven't been golfing in over two years now :sad: I atleast need to get to the range one of these days.

OutCast
Jul 13th, 09, 2:27 AM
How close did you get to the pin?

175 yard hole, blue pin, 5 iron inside of 3 feet.

Juhosaphat
Jul 13th, 09, 2:31 AM
175 yard hole, blue pin, 5 iron inside of 3 feet.

Very nice! Deserving of a nice new shiny camera :D:yes::beers:

aukai
Jul 13th, 09, 4:01 AM
Is that good:confused:

66 Buick Special
Jul 13th, 09, 7:30 AM
Congrats on the new video camera John!:hurray::beers:

gotago
Jul 13th, 09, 9:19 AM
Good job getting the camera, golf boy:sad: Now put that crap down and pick up some real iron and get back at it. You're in training, I hope you played the course with a ruck and boots on.

Jesus, ya leave for a second and they get soft on ya...............

J/K, hope ya get some really great pics:thumbsup:

bcice
Jul 13th, 09, 10:16 AM
My daughters friend won a brand new Pontic Grand Prix about 4 years ago for a hole in one at 7 hills golf course on Vancouver island. Hey John, (outcast) you will have a PM shortly

OutCast
Jul 13th, 09, 1:59 PM
Good job getting the camera, golf boy:sad: Now put that crap down and pick up some real iron and get back at it. You're in training, I hope you played the course with a ruck and boots on.

Jesus, ya leave for a second and they get soft on ya...............

J/K, hope ya get some really great pics:thumbsup:

Well, my beer cooler does have camo print on it.:D

webfoot
Jul 13th, 09, 2:34 PM
Nice shot! I'd love to have one of those cameras.

Brettd85
Jul 13th, 09, 3:03 PM
Thats awesome, nice shot! Figures all you mucky-muck execs are all out relaxing and golfing. :rolleyes: So... where are the new pics?

Any upgrades planned to the punisher this winter?

OutCast
Jul 13th, 09, 4:02 PM
I've got the batteries charging for the camera, so hopefully get to try it out today.

As far as upgrades go, nothing spectacular planned. Maybe wheels and tires, front disc brakes, electric fans, march pulley setup.

If not that, then start saving for a '32 3 window 'glass body project. Another guranteed candidate for flat black and ol' school flames.

loader1
Jul 13th, 09, 7:15 PM
Right on John! Nice reward for a good day on the links. I won't give you a bad time since I know that by now you have recovered and moved out smartly. :D:D:D

Hurry up and post some pics!

Kevin R
Jul 13th, 09, 8:31 PM
Nice job John. 175 5 iron 3 feet is great but you know Tiger would have used his sand wedge:D

Maybe I will get to use the vid cam at Pinks:thumbsup:

gotago
Jul 13th, 09, 9:37 PM
Well, my beer cooler does have camo print on it.:D

Oh man, that one cut deep:D

OutCast
Jul 13th, 09, 10:08 PM
OK, well this was a fun little outing with my son riding shotgun and running the camera.

First vid is just getting on the highway by my place.
Second one is the return blast.
Third one is compulsory for all TCNW card carrying members.

All the vids are only about 20-25 seconds long.
Enjoy.

It was some real quality Father and Son time. :)

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/Out66Cast/7-13-2009/th_MOV00006.jpg (http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/Out66Cast/7-13-2009/?action=view&current=MOV00006.flv)

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/Out66Cast/7-13-2009/th_MOV00027.jpg (http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/Out66Cast/7-13-2009/?action=view&current=MOV00027.flv)

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/Out66Cast/7-13-2009/th_MOV00022.jpg (http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/Out66Cast/7-13-2009/?action=view&current=MOV00022.flv)

loader1
Jul 13th, 09, 10:13 PM
That was cool John,.....I think I need to harvest that patch across the four-way.:D

OutCast
Jul 13th, 09, 10:34 PM
I just read Paul's post in the 07-10-09 thread about getting it as far as this thread title goes.

Just for clarification, as I probably didn't make it real clear, my camera and videos have been krap from my 5 year old cheap digital camera. Every time I'd post a vid, it was enough to make you feel car sick from the choppy/grainy picture and the pop-pop-pop of the lousy sound.

The goodvideos of my car up to this point, have all been from my good TCNW buddies and spouses. And for those vids and pics I'm grateful.

Just thought I'd clarify that one before I stick my size 10 foot in my size 5 mouth.

Kevin R
Jul 13th, 09, 10:59 PM
:thumbsup::beers: Very cool John

Dave
Jul 13th, 09, 11:00 PM
I just read Paul's post in the 07-10-09 thread about getting it as far as this thread title goes.

Can you use those in the same sentence together?:D

Sorry Paul, I had to.;)

FRYNTYR
Jul 14th, 09, 12:19 AM
I'm so happy when a family outing comes together so good!!!!

Brettd85
Jul 14th, 09, 12:30 AM
Awesome John! :thumbsup:

66 Buick Special
Jul 14th, 09, 7:43 AM
Great first video's John!

I have to admit I was slightly worried about the last one when I saw the fingers over the lense... but I think you're videographer was just adding dramatic tension. :D When the important segment of the video came around they were all over it.:thumbsup::hurray:

The Punisher sounds really good John!:beers:

muncher
Jul 14th, 09, 8:03 AM
Gotta love them burn-out videos - especially from a flamed Chevelle - awesome.

And the fingers covering the camera lens in the beginning did add to the drama.

Juhosaphat
Jul 14th, 09, 11:37 AM
Yeah, it was like Cloverfield for a second. And then the lens clears for the monster to show up :thumbsup: