Aluminum Windshield Moldings 64/65 [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: Aluminum Windshield Moldings 64/65

gary salsman
Jun 26th, 08, 8:32 AM
Has anyone ever seen the windshield moldings made from Aluminum as opposed to stainless? I was getting my parts ready for Iola, and one of the sets I picked from a local yard are aluminum. I buy and sell a fair amount of stainless for the GM A-body cars, so I know I'm not crazy, just wondering if anyone else has aver seen these pieces. They weigh about 1/2 what the stainless pieces do, and do not stick to a magnet. These may or may not have come from a chevelle, possibly a BOP.
Gary

Verle
Jun 26th, 08, 8:54 AM
Has anyone ever seen the windshield moldings made from Aluminum as opposed to stainless? I was getting my parts ready for Iola, and one of the sets I picked from a local yard are aluminum. I buy and sell a fair amount of stainless for the GM A-body cars, so I know I'm not crazy, just wondering if anyone else has aver seen these pieces. They weigh about 1/2 what the stainless pieces do, and do not stick to a magnet. These may or may not have come from a chevelle, possibly a BOP.
Gary

I have never seen aluminum windshield moldings. That doesn't mean they don't exits. What year do they fit?

I expect aluminum to look different. Could you post some pictures for comparison?

Thank you,

Verle

gary salsman
Jun 26th, 08, 9:08 AM
These fit the 1964 and 1965 model years. I can probably get a picture, but stainless is hard to photograph because of glare. They do appear to be a little lighter in color. Anodized aluminum has a nice shine to it, but doesn't compare to the mirror finish of polished stainless.

elcamino66
Jun 26th, 08, 12:18 PM
I`ve seen a set from a 67 chevelle that were aluminum, the windshield trim.