GOODMARK Bumper Quality??? [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: GOODMARK Bumper Quality???

Auldron
Apr 11th, 08, 1:08 PM
There are quite a few GOODMARK frount & rear bumpers for sale on ebay that claim to be triple coated for $145.00 + $35.00 S/H. This seems too cheap. What is the quality of GOODMARK bumpers? Are they just cheap repops? Any comments would be greatluy appreciated.

Chris

Wheelhop
Apr 11th, 08, 1:10 PM
I had one on my car and then decided to get original re chromed.
I just don't think they are as sturdy as an original. Also they look good, but there are some flaws in the chrome of a repop.

Dan Orgill
Apr 11th, 08, 3:23 PM
Christopher,

I called a trusted supplier that I know to get his honest opinion. He knows I'm very picky and told me " They're fine for a driver, not a $40,000 dollar car. I wouldn't sell them to you because I know you wouldn't be happy. "

Auldron
Apr 11th, 08, 3:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. If Goodmark are sub par who sells QUALITY driver bumpers, My frount bumper is kinked in the center and my rear had square drag bar holes cut in it so they are not eligible for rechrome. Mine isn't a show car but I want it to look nice and I read some reviews where the chrome in Goodmark bumpers is sometimes "wavey".

Morin69ss396
Apr 11th, 08, 3:43 PM
I just bought two new Goodmark bumpers for my 69. If I had seen the quality of the chrome before I ordered them I would have just sent my originals out to be fixed and rechromed. The chrome looks really thin and they don't really shine like quality chrome should. They are OK for a driver, especially if you just need something quick and easy.

Dan Orgill
Apr 11th, 08, 5:15 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. If Goodmark are sub par who sells QUALITY driver bumpers, My frount bumper is kinked in the center and my rear had square drag bar holes cut in it so they are not eligible for rechrome. Mine isn't a show car but I want it to look nice and I read some reviews where the chrome in Goodmark bumpers is sometimes "wavey".

A good shop should be able to straighten the kink, and the holes maybe can be fixed as well.

Chevelle_Nut
Apr 11th, 08, 5:24 PM
For a show car I would fix and rechrome. For a driver I would use new bumpers. Ausley's has the best looking ones I have seen.

Alwhite00
Apr 11th, 08, 6:57 PM
I have a goodmark rear on my 70 & it fits nice & looks good. My old one was destroyed by an immoveable object so this looks much better. For $150.00 it looks fine. My car never sees any weather so it should last a while. Thechrome is not as nice as a re-chrome though.

LK

SSuper Dave
Apr 11th, 08, 10:34 PM
I bought a set of Goodmarks for a '70 Elky that I am working on and they are nice. No, not frame off LS-6 nice, but very nice, especially for the $$.

mr 4 speed
Apr 11th, 08, 10:36 PM
I am happy with the 70 rear bumper and 69 front/rear bumpers from Goodmark

Auldron
Apr 11th, 08, 11:36 PM
Who makes Year One's bumpers? Does anyone have any opinion on year one's bumpers?

daveseitz
Apr 12th, 08, 7:49 AM
I just had a group discount done by Keystone Automotive rechroming bumpers. The bumpers we sent in were in bad shape, bent, twisted, holes, rusted and generally junk. EVERYONE they did looks better then a NOS or repop. Quality and finish was beautiful not one member was dissapointed in any way shape or form. The manager at the place said they get the repops in and rechrome them all the time.

SixActual
Apr 12th, 08, 8:08 AM
I am very pleased with the front and rear bumpers that I purchased from OPGI.

Respectfully,
John R.

Chevy Dave
Apr 12th, 08, 9:30 AM
We just sent in a few bumpers to Keystone as well. Two for a very picky 70 chevelle owner. The quality was so good that we decided to use the camaro cores on a couple yenko camaros and two pace car restorations. Ito took a couple months and around $400 per bumper, but well worth it on a high dollar car.

MarkM
Apr 12th, 08, 9:33 AM
Who makes Year One's bumpers? Does anyone have any opinion on year one's bumpers?

Same as the ones the come in the GoodMark box, ;-) .

crookedbowtie
Apr 13th, 08, 1:52 PM
I put a Goodmark from True Connections on my 70. I ordered a rear, but am still waiting for it. A nice original is a noticeably higher quality, but for an after market bumper it is not bad. My front bumper was toast and for my driver/toy they will do for now. I tried to by a rear re chrome at the Portland swap, but no one had one available and I did not want to wait. If a guy doesn't like the chrome he could always have the aftermarket one chromed...the fit is impressive, the chrome so so. I wonder how many of the re chromes done off of an "original" core we buy actually started out as a repop. They have been stamping them for too many years for it not to be the case. Just food for thought.