Three weeks later....... [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: Three weeks later.......

Dave
Apr 8th, 08, 12:06 AM
I finally got a decent day to paint, AND had the time.
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/data/500/newlines2.jpg

Got it all put together Tonite, in it goes Tommorrow.

http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/data/500/newlines1.jpg

RAMBO
Apr 8th, 08, 12:14 AM
Looks killer! Even the braided lines ;)

66SSFan
Apr 8th, 08, 12:19 AM
Looks great Dave, you do good work!

gotago
Apr 8th, 08, 12:19 AM
Oh man, that looks great!!

I'll be up tomorrow to pick it up:D Trade ya a Holley for it;)

Dave
Apr 8th, 08, 12:22 AM
Thank You all.

Mark...........You keep that Holley, and put it to good use.:yes:

Brettd85
Apr 8th, 08, 12:49 AM
I like the disks! I also like how redneck it is. ;)

FourEightyNine
Apr 8th, 08, 12:59 AM
I would have had a 12bolt under my car if I would have known you before Dave. Nice work I know who I will send my fellow racers to if they ask me....if thats ok with you?

kettbo
Apr 8th, 08, 1:01 AM
Looks great!

Where is the engine-on-stand? Must just be a rumor GOTAGO keeps spreading!

OutCast
Apr 8th, 08, 1:03 AM
That looks awesome, Dave.

First class.

FourEightyNine
Apr 8th, 08, 1:03 AM
I dont know if this has been asked or not but I will go ahead anyways.

Dave, why did you go through all the trouble of doing the body work to leave it in primer?

Dave
Apr 8th, 08, 1:04 AM
I would have had a 12bolt under my car if I would have known you before Dave. Nice work I know who I will send my fellow racers to if they ask me....if thats ok with you?

That's one of the reason's I invested in the Alignment bar. I'm thinking about converting the other housing to F%$d ends

FourEightyNine
Apr 8th, 08, 1:09 AM
Ok sweet, so you do gear swaps/axle tube welding/ford ends/(housing shortening/axle shortening?) what else yah got in that bag of tricks:thumbsup:

Dave
Apr 8th, 08, 1:21 AM
I dont know if this has been asked or not but I will go ahead anyways.

Dave, why did you go through all the trouble of doing the body work to leave it in primer?

Paint is next on the list, I spent the better part of 3 year's replacing Damn near every panel on the car, building the motor, trans, rear, all the other system's.

I can safely say, that there is no rust left on the car.:yes: I got the car "together" about a year ago, and decided to take a break. I was soooo tired of it being in piece's, that I just wanted to leave it in one piece, be able to drive it whenever I felt like it. When it get's painted, I'm gonna take it apart ONE LAST TIME. That will be the 3rd time it's been dis-assembled, I will also tell You, there is not one bolt on that car, that I haven't taken off, and re-installed.:thumbsup:

I'm also waiting to Either Move, or rent a shop to do the Painting in, as My Garage is just not suitable to paint in. The paint job will be very nice, when done. One nice advantage too it is that I've been able to work out all the bug's, without worrying about the paint job.

Also, between work, coaching Football, and restoring the Chevelle, My wife got left out. Plus, if it was all to be added up, the part's, the Tool's, all the Misc. B.S., it was time to take a break.:yes:

It's coming, Maybe this Winter.

Dave
Apr 8th, 08, 1:22 AM
Ok sweet, so you do gear swaps/axle tube welding/ford ends/(housing shortening/axle shortening?) what else yah got in that bag of tricks:thumbsup:

Housing = Yes
Axle shortening = No, need a Machine Shop to do that.

FourEightyNine
Apr 8th, 08, 1:32 AM
Paint is next on the list, I spent the better part of 3 year's replacing Damn near every panel on the car, building the motor, trans, rear, all the other system's.

I can safely say, that there is no rust left on the car.:yes: I got the car "together" about a year ago, and decided to take a break. I was soooo tired of it being in piece's, that I just wanted to leave it in one piece, be able to drive it whenever I felt like it. When it get's painted, I'm gonna take it apart ONE LAST TIME. That will be the 3rd time it's been dis-assembled, I will also tell You, there is not one bolt on that car, that I haven't taken off, and re-installed.:thumbsup:

I'm also waiting to Either Move, or rent a shop to do the Painting in, as My Garage is just not suitable to paint in. The paint job will be very nice, when done. One nice advantage too it is that I've been able to work out all the bug's, without worrying about the paint job.

Also, between work, coaching Football, and restoring the Chevelle, My wife got left out. Plus, if it was all to be added up, the part's, the Tool's, all the Misc. B.S., it was time to take a break.:yes:

Ok I guess your off the hook now.:D

I am just gona take a guess but im thinking you played kicker in high school right?:thumbsup:

gotago
Apr 8th, 08, 2:08 AM

Dave, I think its awesome that you did everything yourself on your car. I wish I had the time and skills to do even a portion of what you've done. I can only take things apart and hope they work when they go back together. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product when its done:thumbsup:

Brettd85
Apr 8th, 08, 12:11 PM
Dave has done quite impressive things with a car that would have otherwise been used for parts. What front disk brakes are you using to offset those massive disks on the back? I assume larger than stock correct? Or are you limited due to wheel
size?

Dave
Apr 8th, 08, 10:18 PM
Thank's for the comments.

Brett, I've got 11" front rotor's with 2 piston caliper's. It's the cheap disc conversion, car ain't that fast.:D

Dave
Apr 9th, 08, 1:01 AM
Anybody got a 7/16th-24 I.F. female to -3 An adapter laying around?:sad:

It's alway's something aint it.:yes: