1970 Chevelle LS5 convertible block code [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: 1970 Chevelle LS5 convertible block code

americanmuscleaz
Mar 26th, 08, 12:55 AM
What are the codes on the front of the block for a 70 chevelle ss 454 ls5 512 cast with auto trany? Larry 602-377-9600

69396ss
Mar 26th, 08, 11:55 AM
Either this is a joke, or you better hold off selling until you figure out what you have.

CRR is an LS6 TH400 Code. The last 9 digits should match the VIN.

I would think you would know if you had a numbers matching LS6 Vert as you'd be sitting on a 1/4 Million or so.

But if an "authentic" LS6 block was installed, it will increase it's worth.

I'd verify that number again, and if it is truly CRR, then I'd take a very good close up photo and post it for authentification.

An "original suffix" stamped LS6 Block can be worth $10K by itself.

americanmuscleaz
Mar 26th, 08, 12:18 PM
Hi maybe its a CRQ

ls6ragtop
Mar 26th, 08, 5:31 PM
I'd look.............big difference.
Chris

Dean
Mar 26th, 08, 5:39 PM
I smell a for sale ad in the forums disguised as a question. :(

704EVER
Mar 26th, 08, 6:12 PM
I smell a for sale ad in the forums disguised as a question. :(

Ya think?:thumbsup:

americanmuscleaz
Mar 26th, 08, 7:20 PM
Thanks to those who have posted a helpful response. Just came on this forum to ask a question of people that I thought would have more knowledge than me and were fellow Chevelle lovers. If anyone can help me I would like to know if a CRQ is a correct suffix code for and LS5 automatic. Please don't respond if you don't have a helpful answer. Thanks

704EVER
Mar 26th, 08, 7:35 PM
Thanks to those who have posted a helpful response. Just came on this forum to ask a question of people that I thought would have more knowledge than me and were fellow Chevelle lovers. If anyone can help me I would like to know if a CRQ is a correct suffix code for and LS5 automatic. Please don't respond if you don't have a helpful answer. Thanks

Hey Larry, CRQ is correct for an LS5 automatic. On another note, asking a question is one thing, but wrapping it around a for sale ad is another. There is a classified section on TC that's been very usefull for a lot of people. If you have a car to sell, list it with some good pictures and I'm sure you'll get some action on it.

americanmuscleaz
Mar 26th, 08, 8:11 PM
hi guys my car is not for sale. but LOOK can anyone help me with the rest of my question the cowl tag #s look at my first post please tell me what they mean. thanks for all your help

69396ss
Mar 26th, 08, 8:47 PM
Hi maybe its a CRQ

Is it CRR or CRQ?

No offence implied, but both do not seem easily confused.

Dean
Mar 26th, 08, 8:59 PM
hi guys my car is not for sale. but LOOK can anyone help me with the rest of my question the cowl tag #s look at my first post please tell me what they mean. thanks for all your help

Not for sale, then why did you post

I am selling my 70 chevelle ss power windows locks top brakes steering auto ,and you name it its got red with black stripes $55k thanks again Larry 602-377-9600

Sure sounds like a for sale ad to me, especially with the phone number.
:confused: :confused:

Dave Birdwell
Mar 26th, 08, 9:19 PM
, especially with the phone number.
:confused: :confused:

AND a price?? :sad:

Oh, yeah, the car was dark green with a black top and black bench interior. Built the first week of April.

FLN
Mar 26th, 08, 9:39 PM
Here is Larry's ebay ad and pictures of his two cars;( someone please help with a link) ebay item# 330219921456. I was bidding on this car:yes:until I realized it was a Clone Convertible with a coupe VIN:confused: I got outbid.:)

americanmuscleaz
Mar 26th, 08, 10:10 PM
Thanks for all your help. Car is not for sale on this post sorry my bad(Wanted-1976 Nova SS and a 17'boat with no outboard motor)????

Dave Birdwell
Mar 27th, 08, 9:05 PM
Thanks for all your help. Car is not for sale on this post sorry my bad(Wanted-1976 Nova SS and a 17'boat with no outboard motor)????

Yep, it's been in my signature for about 3 years. Still don't have either one.:p