I'm calling out all you show poddles! [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: I'm calling out all you show poddles!

Jim_D
Mar 6th, 08, 2:20 AM
I am calling out all the show poodles such as Flat Tire, Mr. Monza and whoever else can run a 9 second run.
I think the only car that has a chance (if I snooze at the light) is Mr. Monza. BTW, Mr. Monza will be sporting a new show poodle paint job.
LAYNRBR or FRYNTYR, whatever your name is, you ain't a show poodle but I'll take on that SB turd
Looks like I might be putting in my 493 this weekend which means I will make the T&T in Bremerton, my least favorite track cuz it is an airport. It's almost as bad as Monroe but longer.

Enough razzing for the night. ;)

FRYNTYR
Mar 6th, 08, 2:34 AM
I am calling out all the show poodles such as Flat Tire, Mr. Monza and whoever else can run a 9 second run.
I think the only car that has a chance (if I snooze at the light) is Mr. Monza. BTW, Mr. Monza will be sporting a new show poodle paint job.
LAYNRBR or FRYNTYR, whatever your name is, you ain't a show poodle but I'll take on that SB turd
Looks like I might be putting in my 493 this weekend which means I will make the T&T in Bremerton, my least favorite track cuz it is an airport. It's almost as bad as Monroe but longer.

Hey, If you're gonna smack talk and try to sound smart, at least state the correct engine size,,,, 496!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

If I remember right, the last 493 you ran only could muster low 11's. Oh but you had to sell that quick knowing the 350 was come'n for ya.

Jim_D
Mar 6th, 08, 2:43 AM
Hey, If you're gonna smack talk and try to sound smart, at least state the correct engine size,,,, 496!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

If I remember right, the last 493 you ran only could muster low 11's. Oh but you had to sell that quick knowing the 350 was come'n for ya.

Thats right, I am running a Chebby not a Mopar now. I was so used to an engine that would always kick your butt.
BTW, I don't know why I respond to you as you are like a sand flea, just a small itch.

FRYNTYR
Mar 6th, 08, 2:50 AM
Thats right, I am running a Chebby not a Mopar now. I was so used to an engine that would always kick your butt.
BTW, I don't know why I respond to you as you are like a sand flea, just a small itch.

LOL,,, you crack me up... :D Funny thing is when I read your sayings, I can actually hear your voice....... LOL!

Jim_D
Mar 6th, 08, 3:06 AM
LOL,,, you crack me up... :D Funny thing is when I read your sayings, I can actually hear your voice....... LOL!

Awww..... Hearing "those voices" again? Fear those voices, it's a warning.

Jim_D
Mar 6th, 08, 12:11 PM
Morning, time to stir the pot.......

I am more scared of Princess than I am of one who hears voices. Recent photo of Darryl and Princess....

http://bigblockduster.com/images/small/berggirl1.jpg

Fat Tire
Mar 6th, 08, 12:17 PM

LOL ... Jimmy D ,, You are good with the catch frazes:) I do plan on coming out more this year. Looks like I will have a lot more time now that our Government passed on my 767 airplane so we can now use our tax $$ to support Frances economy:angry: Yep, that same France that wouldn't back us in the war.:mad: I might even be on your side of the house now where there is obviously lot's of time for relaxing and photo crapping.. I mean photoshopping. 777 hear I come..
The 540 and ProCharger are both sitting on the shelf now so you shouldn't have to worry too much just yet. "YET" :yes: The 6-71 in the Camaro is just for fun.
I do think Marty is going to get more out of his car this year. Should be close. Darryl will be there with the 427. The guy that did headers for Marty & myself backed out on me with putting my mid-plate in the Chevelle. I was waiting since Nov. :sad: I know of a couple guys but I want it to look as nice as it works. I guess I will just have to take a chance..

FRYNTYR
Mar 6th, 08, 12:43 PM
That's funny, for a second I thought you got a hold of a picture with my Sammy Haggar wig on.

I am more scared of Princess than I am of one who hears voices. Recent photo of Darryl and Princess....

flink69SS
Mar 6th, 08, 12:55 PM
I am just curious what the hell a PODDLE is...:confused:

Is that some sort of airplane lingo...

kettbo
Mar 6th, 08, 1:00 PM
That picture is so WRONG!

FRYNTYR
Mar 6th, 08, 1:06 PM

I'm glad someone said something about that, I was wondering the same thing but was waiting for the right moment to use it against JIM. LOL! Photoshop works well, spell check doesn't.

That's why when he made his reminder sticker to put on his dash that was supposed to say "Go Fast" , he screwed up and made it say, "Be Last". Been chasing tail lights ever since.

flink69SS
Mar 6th, 08, 1:13 PM
I'm glad someone said something about that, I was wondering the same thing but was waiting for the right moment to use it against JIM. LOL! Photoshop works well, spell check doesn't.

" But it's ok honey, Jimmy got an "A" in art again"...:sad::sad::sad:

FRYNTYR
Mar 6th, 08, 1:16 PM
" But it's ok honey, Jimmy got an "A" in art again"...:sad::sad::sad:

Yes he did,,,,he's getting way to good at this. I look forward to seeing his next work.

Jim_D
Mar 6th, 08, 1:24 PM

I was uhhhhh...... Testing to see if anybody would notice, ya thats it! :D

POODLE

http://bigblockduster.com/images/small/showpoodle.jpg

Fat Tire
Mar 6th, 08, 1:41 PM
Hey Jim,
Just a thought.. offer. I think I remember you already having a good Dominator and intake but thought I would throw this out. Our heads and cam set up are pretty close. Pat built me a Pro Systems 1250 CFM that worked excellent on my 540. Since I'm not using it, You are welcome to try it. Throw it on after a couple runs with what you have and compare. Just a thought. I know we gest back and forth on here but we all support each other too. Now that you are a Chevy guy that is... :thumbsup:

gotago
Mar 6th, 08, 8:06 PM

OMG, someone get those people a razor:eek:

FRYNTYR
Mar 6th, 08, 8:19 PM
Check out Jim's new license from wacko land. LOL

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/roundyround/Jimonalicensecopy.jpg

I'm not savey enough to do this yet, Had to have my son Chris help. Thanks for the photo shop Jim!!! :D :D

FourEightyNine
Mar 6th, 08, 10:44 PM
Is that the lisence to make a 9sec pass in a mopar?:yes:

FRYNTYR
Mar 6th, 08, 11:05 PM
Nope it is for 10.02 and slower license.

This is Darryl's son Chris BTW

Jim_D
Mar 6th, 08, 11:11 PM

Another trouble maker. Wait til I post you wearing a dress. :hurray: :D

72_Heavy_Chevy
Mar 6th, 08, 11:17 PM
Jim and the D~

Are you just running Friday night or the entire week-end? I'm sure some of the Bremerton folks other than Team Chevelle would love to run with you. By the way, you can have the Pacific Raceway track. I prefer Bremerton over Pacific anytime.

See ya at the track.....

Bryan

FourEightyNine
Mar 6th, 08, 11:18 PM
BrYan are you coming out for the first TNT? I believe we need to have another heads up match or two. Definitely one of my favorite races from last season.

Jim_D
Mar 6th, 08, 11:43 PM

Told Ya....... Mess with the bull, ya get the horns!

http://bigblockduster.com/images/small/playboy1%20copy.jpg

FRYNTYR
Mar 7th, 08, 12:06 AM
Looks like you need a pull, the dozer could do it and still run under 10.02. But it was already off the line, so better luck next time.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/roundyround/TowTruck.jpg

Jim_D
Mar 7th, 08, 1:53 AM
Looks like you need a pull, the dozer could do it and still run under 10.02. But it was already off the line, so better luck next time.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/roundyround/TowTruck.jpg

Holy crude, brush up on that photoshop. Nice try but you ain't got the touch yet. :D

FRYNTYR
Mar 7th, 08, 2:00 AM
I'm gonna have to get Chris his own TC account.

Jim_D
Mar 7th, 08, 2:20 AM
I'm gonna have to get Chris his own TC account.

I think this would me admission that Chris needs Photoshop 101. If I weren't putting an engine in this weekend I would come over and give some lessons.

FRYNTYR
Mar 7th, 08, 2:46 AM
I think this would me admission that Chris needs Photoshop 101. If I weren't putting an engine in this weekend I would come over and give some lessons.

I think he would like that, he was having a blast with it tonight.

_Bear_
Mar 7th, 08, 10:19 AM

We are heading to Bremerton for the Easter Bunny Nationals on March 23rd :yes:. I am thinkin I might be able to give you a good 9 second run :D I will even be runnig my small block :waving:.

Fat Tire
Mar 7th, 08, 11:03 AM
Bear,
Good lookin rigs you have there. Of course I like the Chevelle but I really like the Camaro too. Was that up for sale awhile back? I thought I remembered seeing it on Racing Junk or something when we bought are coupe. Good looking car that stands out. Come on down to Bremerton. The more friends the more good times...:thumbsup:

66 Buick Special
Mar 7th, 08, 11:07 AM
Bear are you going to be there all weekend or just Sunday?

Jim looks like Bear might have a little something for ya':yes:
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1438/7662125/16561593/268409999.jpg

Jim_D
Mar 7th, 08, 11:43 AM
We are heading to Bremerton for the Easter Bunny Nationals on March 23rd :yes:. I am thinkin I might be able to give you a good 9 second run :D I will even be runnig my small block :waving:.

HEY Bear, I see you are running Ron Toilet. I had 2 of them babies on my 604 and the throttle response was incredible. Very good system and deadly consistent too.
BTW, I look forward to running you, should be a blast.

My old 604....
http://bigblockduster.com/images/duster/604_2_small.jpg

FRYNTYR
Mar 7th, 08, 11:55 AM

Sweet, another little'ol 355 to beat up on Jimmy's "IWBRL" snowflake special (I Won By Red Light)

Jim_D
Mar 7th, 08, 12:05 PM
Sweet, another little'ol 355 to beat up on Jimmy's "IWBRL" snowflake special (I Won By Red Light)

I have yet to be beat by your "rustflake".

72_Heavy_Chevy
Mar 7th, 08, 12:44 PM
BrIan with an "I". Of couse I'm showing up. However, I'll be running the same as last year unlike you...

BrYan

dreis454
Mar 7th, 08, 12:50 PM
I have yet to be beat by your "rustflake".

Hmmmm His 10.01 to your 10.02? you were beat my friend:yes:
in a street/grudge race the red light means nothing

Jim_D
Mar 7th, 08, 1:12 PM

Good thing it wasn't a street race as that would be illegal. All I do know is my time slips say "WIN" and has has nothing. He has yet to beat me and I plan on keeping it that way.

dreis454
Mar 7th, 08, 1:19 PM
Good thing it wasn't a street race as that would be illegal. All I do know is my time slips say "WIN" and has has nothing. He has yet to beat me and I plan on keeping it that way.

maybe we should say............whos car went quicker that day?

after all, that is the object right?

FRYNTYR
Mar 7th, 08, 1:23 PM

You can have your piece of paper with the "charity win", all I know is when I looked over in the next lane, some fancy looking full tube chassis race car got their a$$ kicked by a rusty POS. I'd be embarassed.

Hey, I'm running same ol crappy street car, same low-buck 7 year old 350 engine (but repaired soon), same 17 year old slicks(oh 18 years old now), no trans brake, little 10 inch tires and you still had to dump how much $$$ to not get out run again. Which, by the way, still may still happen.
I just have to throw about $1200 dollars into my new welfare bb combo and I got you covered. That will put my total ivested into the welfare nova to just over $5500. Heck 10.01 for just over $4200 is awesome in itself. Of course, I will have to spend some money to make the cage legal,,,damn,,,,more $$$. At least I can make one 9 second pass.

Hey Dan, thanks,,,,

FRYNTYR
Mar 7th, 08, 1:25 PM

It was ME!! :hurray: :yes:

flink69SS
Mar 7th, 08, 1:30 PM

Hey Darryl, what's he gonna build next when Bears little small block goes quicker that day too...:sad:
Small Blocks- 2
Big Blocks- 0
Hmmm

dreis454
Mar 7th, 08, 1:44 PM
Hey Darryl, what's he gonna build next when Bears little small block goes quicker that day too...:sad:
Small Blocks- 2
Big Blocks- 0
Hmmm

easy with the super small block stuff.
we don't want to get all the small block weenies started:rolleyes:

Jim_D
Mar 7th, 08, 1:44 PM
So our next race do you plan on red lighting by 1 second so on paper you win or do I get the red light win? If that is the case I will red light all the time and win every time I go against a car.
Just admit you have a premature problem. :boxing:

FRYNTYR
Mar 7th, 08, 1:47 PM
So our next race do you plan on red lighting by 1 second so on paper you win or do I get the red light win? If that is the case I will red light all the time and win every time I go against a car.

LOL,,, Ok, I have a problem.

dreis454
Mar 7th, 08, 1:47 PM

I know you know better Jim.

the QUICKER car wins in a grudge race which is what you guys have going here.:yes:

in a magazine drag test.........one car goes 13.80 & the other goes 13.81 but they do not even run together, which is the quicker car?

FRYNTYR
Mar 7th, 08, 2:05 PM
I know you know better Jim.

the QUICKER car wins in a grudge race which is what you guys have going here.:yes:

in a magazine drag test.........one car goes 13.80 & the other goes 13.81 but they do not even run together, which is the quicker car?

Damn close race and fun as hell for both Jim and I but here's the time slip. I hold my head high running this fast with a POS even though I red lighted MORE than Jim.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/roundyround/Copyofscan0001.jpg

Jim_D
Mar 7th, 08, 2:10 PM
Damn close race and fun as hell for both Jim and I but here's the time slip. I hold my head high running this fast with a POS even though I red lighted MORE than Jim.

I was calling out "Show Poodles", not you. I already had you. :p

_Bear_
Mar 7th, 08, 11:28 PM
Bear,
Good lookin rigs you have there. Of course I like the Chevelle but I really like the Camaro too. Was that up for sale awhile back? I thought I remembered seeing it on Racing Junk or something when we bought are coupe. Good looking car that stands out. Come on down to Bremerton. The more friends the more good times...:thumbsup:
Thanks Guys. I bought the Camaro last July (2007) from a guy in Saskatchwan.It had the 355 in it for the rest of the season. I am just building the 383 for it now, it should be an interesting ride, especially at sea level, we are usually at about 5000 ft density altitude here. We will see you down in Bremerton at the end of the month. There is a group of about 10 of us coming down with 4 cars, My Camaro, a 1987 Firebird with a 555 (8.5 sec car), a 70 Camaro with a 680ci (8.2 sec car) and a dragster (7 sec car) so be on the look out for us. I will be driving my rig in the picture, so we shoulden't be to hard to find.
Cheers
Bear
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1438/7662125/14490930/217370111.jpg

FourEightyNine
Mar 7th, 08, 11:31 PM
Right on Bear, there is always a good outing for the Easter races at Bremerton. Hope to see ya out there. Are you gona be running Super Pro?

_Bear_
Mar 7th, 08, 11:41 PM
Right on Bear, there is always a good outing for the Easter races at Bremerton. Hope to see ya out there. Are you gona be running Super Pro?
:thumbsup: on the Super Pro. I pretty much have to now that I got a delay box. You guys should come up here in August for our NHRA National Open. Last year we had a car count of over 400. It was very cool, I had only had my Camaro for 1 day befor that weekend and I ended up going 8 rounds. it was a blast and I finished in the money but missed the Wally by 2 rounds. I even had 2 perfect lights throughout the weekend. This is apic of 1 of my perfect lights. It was during qualifying, and the other guy has not reacted yet, I am wheels up and the tree is between the last yellow and the green.The photogopher blew that up to 13" X 18" and gave it to me. He said it was his best reaction time as well.
http://www.pbase.com/mcimages/image/83436550

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1438/7662125/16561593/270098310.jpg

72_Heavy_Chevy
Mar 8th, 08, 1:10 AM
THAT IS A SWEET PIC and CAR. Can't wait to see ya run.

BrYan

Princess
Mar 9th, 08, 12:41 AM
Told Ya....... Mess with the bull, ya get the horns!

http://bigblockduster.com/images/small/playboy1%20copy.jpg

Ohhhhh way to go! Can't beat the welfare nova so pick on the blind kid....

Hey, come to think of it DB why not let Shawn run against him this year? My money is on Shawn ALWAYS in ALL things.....

Jim_D
Mar 9th, 08, 12:44 AM
Ohhhhh way to go! Can't beat the welfare nova so pick on the blind kid....

Hey, come to think of it DB why not let Shawn run against him this year? My money is on Shawn ALWAYS in ALL things.....

What??? Not going to mention anything about the Photochop I did on you?

I would have a better run against Shawn than I would Darryl. :p

gotago
Mar 9th, 08, 1:02 AM
What??? Not going to mention anything about the Photochop I did on you?

That was a photochop!?!.........:D

Princess
Mar 15th, 08, 12:25 AM
[quote=Jim_D;1738606]What??? Not going to mention anything about the Photochop I did on you?

:p Well, Knowing that it takes a princess to spot a queen I actually I had something much better in mind for you than just a mention.... Recently had some pics taken and I was going to take the one wearing a red sheet and replace parts with you.

But dang.... I lack photoshop and have since run out of patience. So you win, Oh Queen of the Photo Chopping.... my crown is yours. :thumbsup: