Geez can't catch a break [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: Geez can't catch a break

Bowtie70ss
May 20th, 07, 11:50 PM
Well after a day and a half of banging and pulling with my stud gun and slide hammer I'm about to give up and bite the bullet and just hang a new quarter on the drivers' side of my El camino. The largest dent was probably 18 inches in diameter and I got that one out for the most part but I have some issues with a big dent behind the gas door and some dents on the wheel opening lip. I would really rather not have a ton of filler in the quarter which is how it's looking. I think I'll be time and money ahead to just put a skin on it and be done. Previously I hung a Dynacorn full quarter on the passenger side and for $369+tax I'm not real impressed, especially since it didn't include the corner of the rear window channel. Not to mention the fact that it is more work in the door jamb area. There's a swap meet next weekend and I should be able to get one for less than $200 unless I luck across a NOS one that is. I just had to vent some frustration and I'd rather hang a new panel then take a chance on having a bunch of filler shrink on me down the road. I guess I'm in the entirely new Camino club with 396boy. Later

Dave