New Headlight wiring harness for a 1971 Chevelle [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: New Headlight wiring harness for a 1971 Chevelle

Bandit1978
Apr 29th, 07, 10:00 AM
Which vender has a good one to replace a old original..that is corroded..is it a hard replacement?

1971 CHevelle Malibu 350 auto no AC

Speed Shop
Apr 29th, 07, 11:16 AM
American Auto Wire or M&H make a simple plug and play type wiring harness. I'm about to do this on my '69. I've already rewired everything from the trunk to the firewall. Get the one specific for your car and start the swap. You'll need new fender plastic clips (old ones will break) but that's not a big deal and Ground up has them.

Ron H
Apr 30th, 07, 9:06 PM
I have and now am installing new harness from M&H - front to tail. It's truly Plug-n-play. I love it. All prepackaged, exact same factory colors and plug ends. Just lay the new segment next to the old where you can and unplug and replaug as you go. It helps (me anyway) that I have color coded wiring diagram from John Anastasio - nice, encased in hard plastic twenty bucks or so. Go to www.classicCarWiring.com. I refer to it a few times. LAst, The Factory assembly manual answers any-n-all final questions like routing, body clips etc.

undee70ss
May 1st, 07, 7:22 AM
New Headlight wiring harness for a 1971 Chevelle...........Which vender has a good one to replace a old original..that is corroded..is it a hard replacement?

1971 CHevelle Malibu 350 auto no AC
There really is no headlight harness. Headlights are in the FWD lamp harness. What is wrong with yours? If its just the connectors for the headlights, you can buy just the plastic bodys and terminals.