Looking for a quality transmission builder in the Fayetteville NC area [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: Looking for a quality transmission builder in the Fayetteville NC area

Junkyard Dawg
Dec 31st, 06, 10:56 AM
If anyone knows anyone in or around Fayetteville NC that's good at building transmissions please speak up. Thanks!

3V Performance
Dec 31st, 06, 11:39 AM
If anyone knows anyone in or around Fayetteville NC that's good at building transmissions please speak up. Thanks!

If its a turbo or powerglide I could take care of it for you.

Tom

Junkyard Dawg
Dec 31st, 06, 11:41 AM
Yes Tom I have a TH350.

I am also consideirng a 4 speed and using my TH350 in something else.

3V Performance
Dec 31st, 06, 1:33 PM
Give me a call 828-302-4088. I live in Sherrillsford. What are you looking for stock or somthing all out with a transbrake?
Tom

Junkyard Dawg
Dec 31st, 06, 1:43 PM
If I end up keeping it in the car, then something that can run at the strip with a big block and slicks....can you run a brake with foward valve body?

If I don't keep it in the car then it's going in a daily driver project of mine.

3V Performance
Dec 31st, 06, 3:41 PM
If I end up keeping it in the car, then something that can run at the strip with a big block and slicks....can you run a brake with foward valve body?

If I don't keep it in the car then it's going in a daily driver project of mine.

How much power and how heavy is the car?

The weak link in a turbo 350 is the 2nd gear sprag. There are mods we can do if this is a high hp eng and a heavy car. Yes you can run a foward break. Give me more details of your combo and we can better fit your needs based on our experance.

Tom

Junkyard Dawg
Dec 31st, 06, 10:39 PM
My Chevelle weighs 3620 curb, I weigh in at 185, hp is an estimated 425-450 but I do plan on upping it to around 550 hp in the future.

3V Performance
Jan 1st, 07, 10:49 AM
not a problem