Procar bucket seats [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: Procar bucket seats

Fun 71
Nov 19th, 06, 11:14 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the Procar seats by Scat? They are listed in the OPGI catalog, Summit and from Scat.

Thanks
71 Chevelle SS (clone)

70 Gold Nugget
Nov 21st, 06, 1:08 PM
My suggestion when it comes to aftermarket seats is to also use a good set of aftermarket tracks and BOLT THEM DOWN REAL GOOD...a lot of times people just jerry rig that crap in there and that is very very dangerous in the event of a wreck cause your seats may snap off their mounts and if that happens your in trouble...also there is the rattle factor if everything is not secure...

blacknwhite71
Nov 22nd, 06, 11:42 PM
I researched for a long time and i am going to order mine this week. They make brackets for them to bolt right up to stock locations. Summit has the best price.

Fun 71
Nov 23rd, 06, 10:10 AM
When I researched the price, I found out the Summit price did not include sliders. Once you added that cost to the seat and brackets, it seemed more expensive, but if you found out different, I would like to know.

I am still wondering if anyone has used them or seen them, touched them, sat in them, etc.

Thanks
Fun 71

Ricks70ss
Nov 23rd, 06, 10:19 AM
OK DON'T KNOW YOUR NAME. FUN 71. But I looked and talked to HINSHAW'S chevelle.com. about their seats. there on page 25 of your aces mag( chevelle world) the cost of their seats everthing brand new from the ground up. ready to bolt in ......ready for this? $ 1600.00. plus around $160.00 for shipping. So do you think procar seats are high in price?? just thought I would let you know. Have a great thanksgiving day. RICK

Fun 71
Nov 23rd, 06, 10:15 PM
I agree Ricks70SS. I did the same comparision and found out the Procar seats are a "great" deal. I am planning to spend $735 with shipping to be ready to bolt them in. My question is if anyone has any experience with them, i.e. quality, look and fit. Like most stuff through the mail, it is nice to have seen it before you buy it.
I did have a nice Thanksgiving, had to crawl to the keyboard!!!
Thanks,
Dave
Fun 71

blacknwhite71
Nov 24th, 06, 12:06 AM
When I researched the price, I found out the Summit price did not include sliders. Once you added that cost to the seat and brackets, it seemed more expensive, but if you found out different, I would like to know.

I am still wondering if anyone has used them or seen them, touched them, sat in them, etc.

Thanks
Fun 71

All procar seats come with sliders, just not brackets. The brackets are extra but thats how they are everywhere because the brackets are for so many different cars.

72 Orange
Nov 24th, 06, 3:12 PM
I have procar buckets in my 72 Nova. As far as ease of installation, the look and comfort goes they get an A+. My only problem with them is that they sit about an inch higher than the factory bench, so my head hits the headliner and it can be difficult to get in and out of the car. I have to drive with the seats reclined a little more than I would like.

Besides that I am very happy with the purchase.

I have the Scat Pro-90 Series 1300 Seats.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SCA%2D80%2D1300%2D51R&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Fun 71
Nov 24th, 06, 11:21 PM
I'm glad to hear someone has some Pro-90 Series 1300's. Sounds like you really like them. Thanks for the link, maybe I will go that way. So did the seats for $218 come with sliders and you just had to buy the mounting brackets?

Also, my concern was how high they seats would sit in the car. I am 6'3" and don't need a sunroof cut in so I can drive. Is there anyway to modify the bracket to lower the seats any, or is it most in the design of the seat?

Could you do me a favor and measure how far from the floor pan to the top of the seat cushion (say the front of the seat) and then how far from the top of the seat cushion to the roof?

Thanks again
Fun71

72 Orange
Nov 26th, 06, 12:53 AM
The seats come with the sliders, but not the brackets. Here are the brackets that you'll need:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SCA%2D81704&N=700+115&autoview=sku
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SCA%2D81705&N=700+115&autoview=sku

I do think that it is possible on the brackets for my Nova to drop them about a half inch. I was going to take them to a welder and have him do it for me. One of the bolts on each bracket will have to be welded to the bracket because by lowering everything I won't be able to get the bolt into the hole after it's altered.

Another thing to consider is that there are three mounting positions on the sliders, for three different heights. I chose the mounting holes that would give me the lowest position off the bat but it was still too low. Once I take a half inch off the brackets the mounting tab with the three holes will need to be trimmed or else it will hit the floor pan. If you want pictures just give me your e-mail address and I'll send them to you.

Remember, this was on a Nova. I suspect the roof height of a Chevelle is a few inches taller than on a Nova, so you might not need to modify at all. I'm guessing what I ran into was the exception and not the rule.

Another thing. I recv'd two driver side buckets even though one of the boxes was marked passenger side. I have also heard of other people getting two of the sane side bracket instead of one of each. So before you break down the boxes and stuff, just make sure you got everything you need.

Fun 71
Nov 26th, 06, 9:50 PM
OK, that's great. I will email you so you can return an email with some pictures. I was looking, and someone else has started another thread on this issue. One of them talked about the seat being uncomfortable, but it might not be the series 1300 we are talking about.

It sounds like the bracket could be modified to lower it. I would still like a measurement from the seat to the top, if possible.

Thanks again.

CRUSTY
Dec 6th, 06, 12:30 AM
i have had the pleasure of both seats i like the SCA-80-1000-51L they look better to me and feel great, im kind of a bigger person and racing seats just werent wide enough alway hurt the 1000s are wonderful the 1300 were ok they just sat high i was gonna order some more 1000s but im going with the newer gto seats i like the look of them better and kindof fit the resto mod protouring theme im going with just my $0.02