1970 El Camino SS [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: 1970 El Camino SS

roylee
Apr 6th, 06, 11:57 PM
Does anyone know what type of later model bucket seats will fit into a 1970 El Camino SS? Or does anyone know where I can find/order these bucket seats?

64boo
Apr 6th, 06, 11:59 PM
Roylee I am glad you were able to post.:thumbsup: ........I am sure someone will be able to help you out.....

Resq302
Apr 7th, 06, 10:09 AM
I think any GM A-body bucket seats from 70-72 will work. The 68-69 A-bodies should work but have a different seat back release mechanism.

BlackCherry70
Apr 7th, 06, 1:13 PM
If you are looking for an aftermarket bucket seat, Corbeau offers a selection a buckets along with brackets that are application specific, including 1970 Chevelle/El Camino.

As for an OEM bucket, you would probably be best finding a seat that fits you and your El Camino the best, and then fabricating brackets to fit. If I were to make a guess, a fourth-gen Camaro bucket should be nice.

Corbeau's website:
http://www.corbeau.com/index.shtml

70ElkySS
Apr 7th, 06, 3:29 PM
I have a set of mid-to-late 90's Firebird buckets in mine. They're leather, power, and have power adjustable lumbars and bolsters. Took some imagination to get them mounted in the car, but it wasn't too hard.

I've had compliments on them, but I have now decided I want a more traditional look, so I bought a set of Chevelle seats that I'm gonna reupholster and swap out.

Clint44
Apr 7th, 06, 10:20 PM
I have a set of mid-to-late 90's Firebird buckets in mine. They're leather, power, and have power adjustable lumbars and bolsters. Took some imagination to get them mounted in the car, but it wasn't too hard.
I've had compliments on them, but I have now decided I want a more traditional look, so I bought a set of Chevelle seats that I'm gonna reupholster and swap out.

Do you have any photos of them mounted in the car?

70ElkySS
Apr 8th, 06, 11:00 AM
I'll take some today - check back later on this afternoon.

jim mcmickle
Apr 8th, 06, 11:48 AM
I mounted some later model s-10 seats in my 68 lemans convert . I used the tracks off of the A-body seat and bolted to the s-10 seat so it is a bolt in. Jim M.