Pillar Padding on a 68? [Archive] - Chevelle Tech

: Pillar Padding on a 68?

Jan 15th, 06, 11:20 PM
I believe that these are the pieces that run up along side the windshield and they are padded on the inside of the car. What I am looking to find is that is there some sort of adhesive that goes onto the inside of this padding to attatch it firmly to the frame piece. There are two screws on the top of the padding, and one down toward the dashboard but there is nothing to attatch it in the middle. In the middle there is a large gap. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for all the help in the past.

68 SS 396

Jan 16th, 06, 12:56 AM
You might try 3M adhesive:


Link is an example not a recommendation of vendor. never used them. plus this stuff usually can be found at your local auto parts store etc.

BTW new pillars posts are $55.00 at www.true-connections.com (http://www.true-connections.com)