Holley sniper orderd will I get it lol - Chevelle Tech
EFI Caution: Beyond here be monsters...

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 17, 6:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

Holley sniper orderd will I get it lol

SO called around today to order a holley sniper 550-516K that is the gold master install kit with external pump and fuel lines. summit says they will have them tomorrow, But holley says they will not be shipping them till 5-19-2017 if ordered from them today, Jegs says 5-1-2017. So summit put me on the list to get one of the one's that is supposed to be in tomorrow and it should get to me in 3-5 business days from then. We shall see lol when it gets here I am gonna install my new HEI also just to eliminate any left over problems from the carb issues and timing fluctuation I was having.

78 Malibu, 402, th350, 2400, holley sniper EFI, 9" 3:70, Hoosier 27X10.50-15 Quicktime pro DOT
69 VW baja 1600cc on road off road toy. For Sale
98 s10 4.3L, auto, short bed, 3 door.
For Sale: Brodix RR-o 270cc heads, 127cc chamber. Heads they are assembled at this time. I can sell them assembled or not, PM for price. These are new and still in the original boxes. I purchased these bare and had them assembled.
http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/...psbbffi1mn.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 17, 7:50 PM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Re: Holley sniper orderd will I get it lol

Don't believe the BS from jegs.
I went through the same thing with my fitech with them.

73 nova,3515#(all steel)406ci N/A, best 1/4,1.45 '60,6.75@100.48,10.6 @ 122.38, short shifting,NO tuning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng86PsGUcTY
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 17, 7:57 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHT/73 View Post
Don't believe the BS from jegs.
I went through the same thing with my fitech with them.
You using a in-tank pump with yours?

78 Malibu, 402, th350, 2400, holley sniper EFI, 9" 3:70, Hoosier 27X10.50-15 Quicktime pro DOT
For Sale: Brodix RR-o 270cc heads, 127cc chamber. Heads they are assembled at this time. I can sell them assembled or not, PM for price. These are new and still in the original boxes. I purchased these bare and had them assembled.

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 17, 8:18 PM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebchevelle View Post
You using a in-tank pump with yours?
Yes sir!

Tanks 400lph pump

73 nova,3515#(all steel)406ci N/A, best 1/4,1.45 '60,6.75@100.48,10.6 @ 122.38, short shifting,NO tuning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng86PsGUcTY
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 17, 8:39 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHT/73 View Post
Yes sir!

Tanks 400lph pump
the pump that comes in the master kit is external so I will see how that goes.

post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 17, 8:52 PM
Senior Tech Team

It sounds like the kit was already in transit from Holley to Summit. If that's the case that would explains both of their answers and you will get your kit in a few days.

Steve R

Last edited by Steve R; Apr 10th, 17 at 8:55 PM. Reason: Zzzzz
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 17, 8:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Pat

The gold has been slow to come out. I have a friend who ordered on a month ago and I believe he is still waiting to receive it. It would be nice if the manufacturers would have parts before they try selling them. I waited a month to receive my black sniper unit earlier this year.
rel3rd likes this.
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 17, 9:01 PM
Tech Team
Steve

Garage

Quote:
the pump that comes in the master kit is external so I will see how that goes.
External pumps work fine on street cars. No worries. Drag cars I don't know.

'65 Chev El Camino
350/350+, 700R4
FiTech GoEFI 4 600HP Fuel Injection
Wannabe Pro Cruzer
'68 P-11 Norton
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 17, 9:06 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwany View Post
External pumps work fine on street cars. No worries. Drag cars I don't know.
well my car uses and external holley blue pump now and did good at the track but that is with a carb and running 13's lol. I am gonna mount it as close to the tank as I can down at the front as low as I can like the holley that is on there now. If it gives me trouble I will buy a new replacement Grand national tank they have a factory in tank pump and are said to go right in the malibu.
rel3rd and Schwany like this.

post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 17, 4:48 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

They got the 550-516 in but that is the $995 unit not the 550-516K, they said holley said 4-25-2017 is when they will get the master install kit version.The only reason I want the master kit is it includes all the fuel lines, hoses, and clamps all the things you just can't plan for. The other kit is just the unit by its self by the time you add in the cost of fuel line, fuel pump, filters, and all the extra things like clamps and brackets the cost is way more to by the cheaper kit and trying to piece it all together.

post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 17, 11:02 AM
Tech Team
Steve

Garage

Quote:
The only reason I want the master kit is it includes all the fuel lines, hoses, and clamps all the things you just can't plan for. The other kit is just the unit by its self by the time you add in the cost of fuel line, fuel pump, filters, and all the extra things like clamps and brackets the cost is way more to by the cheaper kit and trying to piece it all together.
It's actually cheaper by about $65 parts wise to make your own up, but you do have to figure out what you need and shop the parts. They are showing you most of what you need. It looks fairly complete. I would not count on everything being there for your specific car though. For example, you'll need something to attach the fuel line to the frame. You might want to plan on some planning for a couple of things like clamps and such to complete the return line. Draw up a diagram of exactly what it will take to get fuel in and out, and you'll know what's missing. Ask Summit to add any parts you think you'll need to your order so it all shows up at once.

BTW I run that same Walbro pump. Works fine. You'll hear it when the system primes. After the car starts, the exhaust note will muffle the pump noise.

'65 Chev El Camino
350/350+, 700R4
FiTech GoEFI 4 600HP Fuel Injection
Wannabe Pro Cruzer
'68 P-11 Norton
post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 17, 3:46 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

Quote:
It's actually cheaper by about $65 parts wise to make your own up, but you do have to figure out what you need and shop the parts. They are showing you most of what you need. It looks fairly complete. I would not count on everything being there for your specific car though. For example, you'll need something to attach the fuel line to the frame. You might want to plan on some planning for a couple of things like clamps and such to complete the return line. Draw up a diagram of exactly what it will take to get fuel in and out, and you'll know what's missing. Ask Summit to add any parts you think you'll need to your order so it all shows up at once.

BTW I run that same Walbro pump. Works fine. You'll hear it when the system primes. After the car starts, the exhaust note will muffle the pump noise.
I already have a feed and return line both 3/8" steel mounted on the car. That said the kit I ordered is $1250. That includes the pump that by its self runs $250. Now add the fuel hose it is $20, clamps for FI is $10 a for 5. Then you need to add in filters. by the time you add it all up it is more then the master kit. Now there is more hose in the master kit then I will need but that is a good thing. I have not found the pump cheaper, If I had I would have ordered everything separate.

post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 17, 7:49 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

Quote:

Mine is now on its way, I cancelled the master install kit order and spoke with the sales tech. I got the holley EFI fuel kit and the gold 550-516 kit both for less then the price of the master kit. They had one holley fuel kit in stock in Navada, the dist and coil and msd wire in GA, and the holley gold kit in ohio lol. So it is all on its way to me and should be here in 3-5 days. The fuel kit I bought is the same one that comes in the master install kit. The holley sales tech price matched the master kit plus a small discount all told the holley 550-516, holley fuel system kit, with dist, coil, and msd wire $1300 shipped to my door! That is everything I should need for both fuel and timing.
rel3rd likes this.

post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 17, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

the only thing I forgot was some new plug wires. I will get those when I get the N2o kit I decide on. been looking at the moroso ultra 40's but not sure I need that kinda wires? I have some 8.5mm on there now but they are not a popular brand and are not made anymore.

post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 17, 11:08 AM
Tech Team
Tj

At least with Summits free shipping over $100 stuff coming from every possible warehouse doesn't kill you. From some other places the extra $65 could be a lot cheaper than the extra freight costs they stick you with coming from different locations. It would also stink if you were close to one location and you got most of the parts but had to wait for that one part to come from the warehouse on the other side of the country. Its always the first part you need that doesn't come so you can't even get started without it.

Sorry no Chevelle, 73 Cadillac Eldorado - Fairly stock low comp 500cid.
FiTech Go4 600 - Timing control via gutted 7 pin large cap HEI - Fuel RobbMc Powersurge with returns.
Previous system was Megasquirt w/Holley TBI so I am not new to DIY EFI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.