Team Chevelle banner

Nitrous with E street

973 views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  69Chvll 
#1 ·
I have been running my E street for about 3k miles now, and it looks like its holding up well now. I know Edelbrock says it doesn't support nitrous with it's E street system, however, there are guys that run it anyway. I can manually adjust the amount of fuel given for WOT in percentages, so I figured this would be the best way to adjust the fuel amount for running nitrous. I'm aware that I would retard the timing, and change to colder spark plugs with a tighter gap.

I'm thinking the fuel issue would be the biggest limiting factor, however I think running a wet setup could aid with this issue as well. Don't change any of the EFI's fueling, but just let the solenoids at fuel for the appropriate horsepower shot.

I'm thinking about running anywhere from a 50-150 shot.

Your thoughts?

#2 · (Edited)
Not sure.. if you're using a wet shot base plate system, I think that might really piss off the wideband?
In my head anyway... it's going to sense a rich condition when the solenoid opens then lean out the carb a ton. After the solenoid closes, unless the computer can catch up fast enough your're going to run into a lean cylinder condition. Something you absolutely don't want during or after a nitrous shot.

#3 ·
Not sure.. if you're ruining a wet shot base plate system, I think that might really piss off the wideband?
In my head anyway... it's going to sense a rich condition when the solenoid opens then lean out the carb a ton. After the solenoid closes, unless the computer can catch up fast enough your're going to run into a lean cylinder condition. Something you absolutely don't want during or after a nitrous shot.
Yikes! Yep don't want that. What about a dry setup?

#5 ·
if you made a nitrous happy, commanded AFR setting
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but if you did that you'd be running rich the entire time you are not shooting the juice. :)

I know Edelbrock says it doesn't support nitrous with it's E street system, however, there are guys that run it anyway.
It would be best to get with one of them and find out exactly what they are doing, I'm just guessing. :yes:

#6 ·
Nope. Reading it right. If he doesn't have any EFI controlled ability to tune for the nitrous, he'll have no choice but to reflash it when he wants to spray it. Or....like you a said, be running very rich all the time

#8 ·
#9 ·
Or you could make it easy and go back to this.... ;)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.