FITECH EFI TUNING tips, info sharing, ideas, settings, etc... - Page 3 - Chevelle Tech
EFI Caution: Beyond here be monsters...

227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 1713 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 16, 6:47 PM
Team Member
Rich

Garage
Re: FITECH EFI TUNING tips, info sharing, ideas, settings, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
Can you explain how you actually get to these screens? I have to jump through a half dozen hoops just to see an Excel file, and then there's nothing I can do but view a datalog in Excel...no graphs, no options to tune, or modify anything that I can see....
Bob - That looks almost the same as the software I used on my fuel injected Harley. Maybe it can be used in this application...download it from my MediaFire link. http://www.mediafire.com/download/ki...ERT_Pro_CD.zip

A sample -

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1713 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 16, 7:45 PM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65-StingRay View Post
Chris do you ever go to any cruise nights in Edmonton: the Wendy's in Millwoods on Wednesdays or the A&W on 137ave on Thursday night or the west end. Let me know maybe we can hook up one time. I usually go the the Wendy's on Wednesday nights.

65-StingRay
Wayne
I hardly ever head down south, so I don't even know of the Wendy's cruise in. I do often check out the A&W at White Oaks on 137 ave since I live pretty close.

1971 Chevelle SS454 4 speed, 3.31 Posi

Youtube Channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/SS454LS6
post #33 of 1713 (permalink) Old May 1st, 16, 12:48 AM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

I'll post this hear because Bob has a 71 and recently did a gas tank swap. Can someone verify what all these lines are? Particularly the one in the top right.

I think front left to right it's feed line, return line, 3 vents, and unknown.

I can see where they go to the tank, but where do the 3 middle lines and the far right line go towards the front of the car? I'd like to remove them all if feasible.

post #34 of 1713 (permalink) Old May 1st, 16, 3:33 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
Question for anyone using the EFI4 setup....

Have any of you been able to see colored graphs like above??

I can only see Excel file, and that's all but worthless to me...

Sorry, I might be cheating a bit...I open up the excel files in a program I use for plotting data at work. Its pretty powerful, and overkill for the FITech recordings, but I am better with that than I am with Excel...

Excel on its own won't make the best colorful graphs, try looking for a contour plot "add in" for Excel. The problem is we have 3D data with X, Y and Z components.

The FITech software allows you to look at the data logged files as well, and would be just as good for looking at transient traces, however, I could not figure out how to make any 3D plots with it.

All is not lost, you can still use the Excel, but, how much you can learn from the data will rely on which datalog screen you record. The Dashboard or Basic Sensors screens are general overviews. You will have to log the "Fuel Learn" screen to record the specific fuel learn data.

The plot below is from Excel, Showing engine speed during a drive and fuel learn adaptation at 3000rpm/50 kPa MAP, which happens to be where I cruise alot. 100% is baseline, so this is pulling 20-30% fuel in the learn based on how the fuel trim needs to adjust to meet target AFR.

So far my only complaints are the lack of documentation on the controller, and the number of channels you can log at the same time, or lack thereof. But at the FITech price point, I can't really complain too much. That and the fact that the K-line software did not come with my device to conntect the handheld to a laptop while driving, and their support has yet to send it to me...I guess a call is in order tomorrow.

Good luck! If there is anything I can help with, let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel_Learn.jpg
Views:	3051
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	354777  
post #35 of 1713 (permalink) Old May 1st, 16, 4:47 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

Thanks. I need to call them as well...

They still have my Fuel Command Center AND my agreed to refund for it, and it's been over 3 weeks....

1971 Chevelle SS "439" 2.1 tons of fun...
11.31@117 w/4.10's, 4200+ stall, QFT SS-830 carb
11.72@115 w/3.90's, 3300 stall, and Fitech GoEFI4
11.51@116 w/3.90's, 3300 stall, and Holley Sniper EFI
post #36 of 1713 (permalink) Old May 1st, 16, 9:20 PM
Tech Team
Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SS454- View Post
I hardly ever head down south, so I don't even know of the Wendy's cruise in. I do often check out the A&W at White Oaks on 137 ave since I live pretty close.
Chris, I'm about 1/2 way between both. I will try to get to the A&W sometime by the end of this month. That's Thursday night for the A&W - correct.

They still have my Fuel Command Center AND my agreed to refund for it, and it's been over 3 weeks....

This for Bob - they don't have mine yet (FCC) but I will be shipping it back tomorrow or the next day. They also said they would refund me as well. I followed your lead with the Tanks Inc gas tank. Finished the install last night but life got in the way today of me taking out for a test drive. Tomorrow's a new day.

Here's a few of pics of the install:

65-StingRay
Wayne
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EFI Gas Tank Install 002.jpg
Views:	3080
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	354865   Click image for larger version

Name:	EFI Gas Tank Install 017.jpg
Views:	3096
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	354873   Click image for larger version

Name:	EFI Gas Tank Install 029.jpg
Views:	3106
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	354881   Click image for larger version

Name:	EFI Gas Tank Install 041.jpg
Views:	3076
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	354889  

Name:	EFI Gas Tank Install 037.jpg
Views:	3118
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	354897  
post #37 of 1713 (permalink) Old May 1st, 16, 10:52 PM
Tech Team
Daryl

ENGINE SIZE:
385 13:1 Compression Running E85

FITECH SETUP USED:
Meanstreet

ENGINE VACUUM:
5-7 @ Idle

CAM SETTING (1,2,3, or 4) AND YOUR CAM SPECS:
#4 .600 lift, 246/254 @ .050 Hydraulic Roller

IAC COUNTS @ idle and cruise
6-7 @ Idle

: Y/N?

No

IDLE RPM:

TARGET IDLE AFR:

ANY ADJUSTED PARAMETERS AND WHY?:
Just running in shop so far
post #38 of 1713 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 16, 1:25 AM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65-StingRay View Post
Chris, I'm about 1/2 way between both. I will try to get to the A&W sometime by the end of this month. That's Thursday night for the A&W - correct.

65-StingRay
Wayne
Friday nights.

Since everyone is looking for refunds from them. I sent them my $57 bill to ship my defective EFI-8 back to them, haven't heard back yet.

post #39 of 1713 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 16, 7:38 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SS454- View Post
I'll post this hear because Bob has a 71 and recently did a gas tank swap. Can someone verify what all these lines are? Particularly the one in the top right.

I think front left to right it's feed line, return line, 3 vents, and unknown.

I can see where they go to the tank, but where do the 3 middle lines and the far right line go towards the front of the car? I'd like to remove them all if feasible.
Mine all went to that emissions "item" that is behind the rear seat. I can't remember what it's proper name is, know it's emissions related.

Since I have nothing else emissions related on the entire car, I simply disconnected all hoses from that area, and only use the ones, including venting, included with the new tank setup.

I already had a vented gas cap, and ran the TanksInc vent valve around and over the tank, bolted in behind the rear valance. Never a venting issue, and never any "hiss" when removing the gas cap.

Hope that helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
Sorry, I might be cheating a bit...I open up the excel files in a program I use for plotting data at work. Its pretty powerful, and overkill for the FITech recordings, but I am better with that than I am with Excel...

Good luck! If there is anything I can help with, let me know.
Yea, you're definitely cheating a bit, LOL. I was under the assumption that these graphs and charts were accessible from us average Joes...

post #40 of 1713 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 16, 11:19 PM
Tech Team
Wayne

OK this morning I had the first fire since changing from the FCC to the Tanks Inc EFI. She started right up - had to tighten 1 coupling a little to stop a small drip.

Didn't change any of my previous settings. Had a couple of short drives and pushing it a little harder each time. Then it happened again as in the beginning with the FCC. I'm getting 1 or 2 pops out the side exhaust whenever I shift from 1st into 2nd into 3rd. It also happens in the garage whenever I rev my engine over 3500 and let off the gas a couple of pops out the exhaust.

I'm not sure what I need to change to stop those backfires. I have adjusted the AFR ratios a little richer and that seemed to quite it down a bit but still pops. Never popped with a carb. ever.

Here's a few pics of my handheld screens maybe someone can spot something here: 1st one is my AFR in the efi tuning section. The other 3 are just basic sensor operation. But if there is something here that someone can tell me what to change I'd be grateful.

65-StingRay
Wayne
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_9661.jpg
Views:	3203
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	355425   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9658.jpg
Views:	3174
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	355433   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9659.jpg
Views:	3176
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	355441   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9660.jpg
Views:	3151
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	355449  

post #41 of 1713 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 16, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

Wayne, I can't see the pics on my phone, but we're you the person who had changed the IAC LOOP settings due to a hanging idle before? If so, maybe try lowering it back a little and try it again? If not, disregard.

post #42 of 1713 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 16, 3:11 AM
Tech Team
Wayne

Thanks Bob, tomorrow I am going to play with a few different settings and see if I can sort out this problem.

Wayne
post #43 of 1713 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 16, 8:24 AM
Tech Team

Are you saying your having the same exact problem as when you had the Command center. Can you hook up a fuel pressure gauge and see what the fuel pressure is when the problem occurs
post #44 of 1713 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 16, 9:04 AM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Battery voltage looks a little low for an engine running.
Mines at 14'ish and 13.8 when fans running.

73 nova,3515#(all steel)406ci N/A, best 1/4,1.45 '60,6.75@100.48,10.6 @ 122.38, short shifting,NO tuning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng86PsGUcTY
post #45 of 1713 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 16, 2:06 PM
Tech Team
Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabberblu View Post
Are you saying your having the same exact problem as when you had the Command center. Can you hook up a fuel pressure gauge and see what the fuel pressure is when the problem occurs
Fuel press. gauge on and reading 58 psi. I pulled 3 plugs this AM and all of them were a little lean so I'm going to play with the AFR settings. From what I understand from some fellows is to adjust rich first then go to lean after if need be.

I had that problem originally but I also had FCC issues - fuel starvation, falling flat, hot fuel because of location. So now I've eliminated one problem but still dealing with this.

65-StimgRay
Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.