Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

TBI vs MPFI fuel injection?

35K views 60 replies 13 participants last post by  Tom Mobley 
#1 ·
I am in the learning stage of EFI and am looking at the pros and cons of the TBI systems vs the MPFI systems. When I say TBI, I don't mean the old stuff, I mean the aftermarket bolt on EFI kits such as FAST EZ 2.0, Holley Terminator EFI, FiTech, etc.

From what I have found....

TBI:

- bolt on kits, come in one buy all package.
- bolt onto virtually any 4150 intake, and will typically work with any intake design.
- wet flow keeps the intake charge cooler
- now a lot of different options for ECU's which can really make selection a bit confusing, but I guess are really tunable.
- Cost seems reasonable.

MPFI

- can fine tune each injector/runner for best AFR. Though how do you do this without having O2 sensors on each header tube?
- Potential for more power?

My biggest concern for MPFI is the intake manifold. If just looking for a kit, it doesn't appear there are many options and the intake manifold is often a restriction. Such as the Holley MPFI single plane intake will not perform out of the box against say a ported Victor intake. I suppose one could have injector bosses welded into an existing quality intake, but that can't be cheap.

Thoughts/experiences?

See less See more
#2 ·
The biggest difference is in overall cost.

If my only option was to spend 2-3 X MORE money than I did, for EFI, I'd never, ever even have considered it.

I'd be curious to see how much this conversion below is, if and when it comes to market. A joint venture with FiTech & Edelbrock. Edelbrock already markets their own multi-port EFI, for waht looks like anywhere from $3900 to $4600, so I'm looking forward to seeing the price point with the FiTech computer and TB instead of what they now have. If it's going to be in the 2/3rds $$$ range, like the TB kits mostly are, you may be able to get into a multiport EFI for less than 3 grand...

There's nothing on their website yet....

SEMA 2015: FiTech Expands To Include Port Injection Kits

#3 ·
You really should specify what you want out of the car.

There is the basic self learning group of TBI - they have the advantages you mentioned and the modern setups work well, especially if you have a tame cam and lots of idle vacuum. This include Holleys new Sniper EFI. The downside to these kits is you cannot do a custom tune, should you need it.

The middle group would be tuneable TBI. For example, Holley Terminator series. It will run as a stand alone self learning, but you can do laptop tuning if your application requires. It has a more substantial ECU than the sniper that can control more external functions. Holley HP EFI uses the same ECU with a multiport setup

Going full on Holley dominator will allow you to do almost anything you want. You could still run a TBI style injection if you wanted the look, but the dominator ECU can do all sorts of things (trac control boxes, transmission, etc)

#9 ·
Better ?? is why TBI is even still around at the high cost..
and why mpefi is so much money after 30 plus years..
The size of the chevy engines and sensor placement has not changed, the only thing is the ECU's,
these things should be under MPEFI 1500.00 TBI 900.00 all day long..

#10 ·
TBI has ALL the problems associated with wet-flow in the intake; specifically poor cylinder-to-cylinder distribution.

Yeah, it works--my '88 K1500 is proof of that--but I don't understand why anyone would bother with an aftermarket TBI system at this point.

#11 ·
TBI has ALL the problems associated with wet-flow in the intake; specifically poor cylinder-to-cylinder distribution.

Yeah, it works--my '88 K1500 is proof of that--but I don't understand why anyone would bother with an aftermarket TBI system at this point.
Comparing an old POS 88 K1500's (barely functional on those 200-ish gross hp, even when new) TBI system against ANY currently manufactured aftermarket TB EFI setup is quite a bit of a s-t-r-e-t-c-h of the imagination... :rolleyes:

I don't know if you even have a performance car, but I do, and in my case, I was tired of dicking around with a carb that either ran great and got horrible mileage, or ran GOOD and got OK mileage...Never ever had the best of all or both worlds.

Who wants to spend the little bit of time they can spare on weekends, tuning on a carb? As I get older, I don't. Some suggested a "custom" built carb...and it's custom carb price...No thanks.

I bothered because IMO it was stupid to pay $800-$1,000 for a big name, fancy-schmancy carb, when I could buy a tune-able modern TB EFI setup for the same money.

Instead of badmouthing something you have zero hands-on knowledge about, maybe you should research about the functions, tuneability, and reliability of these modern day TB setups? If they were so technologically inferior, as you portray them to be, it's doubtful that not only are several big name companies constantly upgrading and improving on their current designs, but even new companies are coming in with better options, at better pricing, and shaking up the whole arena...

Does your/Can your/Will your 88 K1500 TBI...

Allow me to run it on your truck, or my 550hp Chevelle, with a simple setting change?
Hmm, no? well will it Self learn?
Does it Datalog?
Have ability to control timing?
Use a modern wideband O2 sensor?
Control AFR at idle, any load, and WOT?
Control idle rpm?
Have built-in rev limit controls?
Compensate for altitude?
For load?
Have instant response?
Can you make real time changes to idle, afr, timing?
Have a monitor screen that includes everything it controls?
If you screw something up like I did, can you tap a few buttons on your handheld and totally start from scratch with the self learning?
Does it do anything, aside from just "run" a 30 year old, 200-ish hp truck?

NO, of course not, which is exactly why someone who actually does has an inferior setup (that by some stroke of luck or maybe heavenly intervention, is still functioning), should not, and can not, compare or project a realistic comparison to ANY modern day throttle body style electronic fuel injection...period.

It was $1400, ALL IN, for a complete (including fuel system) brand new throttle body fuel injection setup. Sold the Quick Fuel carb for $350, so I'm fuel injected for just over a grand with all new parts.

The MPFI would surely be nice, but at 3 or 4 times the money, would never make financial sense for me to do. The setup I have, was a no-brainer, as it should be for anyone wanting EFI, without the ridiculous high costs of some options...and so far I am 100% happy with everything about it. :thumbsup:

#13 ·
X2!:thumbsup:…EXCELLENT replies to both of you "rel3rd" and "ss3964sp"! I'm definitely will be going with a FiTech setup maybe not this year, but I'll start gathering some extra money for that and might order this next fall to do the installation next winter…;) As for MPFI, it's a much bigger job to install, requires a return line and costs more. For the kind of use I'm making of my car, I prefer "keeping it simple" and go with the FiTech "tbi" style system.
Although my Holley carb still works fine, there's no choke on it, and I'm not interested like "rel3rd" said to spend my weekends tuning the carb. Instead, I prefer getting in the car, start it right up and E-N-J-O_Y it now! Like it or not, carburetors are obsolete and to use your words "Schurkey", "I don't understand why anyone would bother with a carburetor at this point". :rolleyes: The only guys still using carburetors are some drag racers which are mandated by class rules to use them (like NHRA'S "Stock" and "Super Stock" classes for example). In the other classes where it's allowed, more and more racers are turning to fuel injection.
Claude. :)

#14 ·
While I think FiTech's solution with their Fuel Command Center is a stroke of genius, eliminating the need for a return line and expensive fuel tank and pump - not to mention eliminating the installation work involved with both of those, I do wonder what happens if/when the Command Center pump fails. Can the pump inside the Command Center be replaced or repaired? Is the pump an off the shelf part at the parts store or is it proprietary?

#17 ·
Those pumps are cheap enough just to buy another and throw in the glove box for a spare. That's the one think I really like about the surge tanks - you can get to the fuel pump MUCH easier on the side of a road. Otherwise, a tow truck will be involved.

#21 ·
If your controlling ignition, will the engine even run if you put a carb on it? The ECM is looking for an rpm signal, map reading etc.

#22 ·
VinnyVince, you don't have to run the ignition control, but it gets it's RPM signal from your tach feed. The MAP wouldn't really matter, and would probably just be in some sort of "limp" mode, timing wise, since it'd have no idea WTH was happening.

Even if you are running the timing control, at least with the FiTech, it literally plugs right into the MSD, or has one trigger wire, so you could just unplug it and reconnect it like it was with a carb. If your timing was locked at zero degrees, it'd be a pig, but at least would run to get you home...or loosen the distributor and crank it up a bit, so it would go over 10mph, LOL

#24 ·
I actually bought my Holley Avenger MPFI because I had no induction or ignition, and I ended up rebuilding the whole car so fuel delivery was a little easier with the frame on the floor.

My original cam was pretty big, so I didn't want to deal with a carb. My MPFI system was mismarked at Jegs when they first came out, and I only paid $2600 for the complete Avenger system. The Holley system was okay at first, but after my ECU blew up, the new ECU seems to handle the fuel better.

My car runs really good now. I didn't bother to tell Holley that their ECU was faulty because they insinuated that it was my fault anyway. I apparently crossed my +/- or hooked it up to a battery charger to cause the 40A main fuse to blow on my running car with a new battery. If I would have had to pay for a $1200 ECU, I probably would have put one of these Fitech units on the intake and left the fuel rails in. It would have been faux FI on a FI car. :D

#25 ·
The pump itself is small...like the typical one found anywhere nowadays.

Aeromotive Stealth Mustang Fuel Pump - 340lph 11540 (86-97 V8) - Free Shipping

You'd have to unplug, and/or replug two different connections for the engine to run on a carb.

The small 2 wire connector and the blue wire going to MSD box.

If you were running FiTech ignition control with a typical MSD setup:
To bypass the EFI, you'd just have to unplug that 2 wire connector, so that instead of going from MSD distributor to the TB, it'd go to MSD box like it "used to".
And unplug the black wire going to MSD box from EFI...which is the tach signal wire...mainly so you don't mess anything up.
The timing would be wherever it was locked, but it isn't using the EFI ECM at that point for anything, so it will run.

Obviously, also disconnect the electric high pressure fuel pump...

Took a pic of the wiring for both with, and without timing control, which shows what would need to be done....30 seconds worth of work to bypass EFI ECM...

Attachments

#30 ·
Rather than spend an hour like you did, I'll just reply (AGAIN) to your original snide remark of "why bother with a throttle body?"

I bothered because as I said already, I didn't feel like dicking around with my carb every week or two when I wanted to drive or race the car. I have a tick over $1000 into a TB efi setup AND fuel system that will easily support its claimed 600hp rating. The advantages of even my low dollar setup are multiple, as compared to a carb, and as I'm sure you know. The car starts up without any sticking choke, no pumping the gas pedal, it runs very crisp and at low load is cruising around at 15:1 or leaner, which it never was able to do. Theres no separate ECM, or MAP, that is built into the unit. The only external sensors are the coolant and wideband. I'm not worried about 1 issue that IMO isn't even an issue...not sure how a computer controlled mist of fuel "puddles" into a problem anyway.

I said "badmouthing it" because that's what you did and have done before. I have maybe 5 grand into my whole engine, so i would never, ever spend that much on a fuel delivery setup for it. THAT, i wouldnt "bother" with...mine is, was, and will always be a strong running low budget toy. Bottom line is that it works MUCH better than any carb has on my car, and I'm not quite sure why you've never experienced a fuel injected cable driven throttle body having instant (or quick) throttle response, but mine has it...there is zero lag, zero delay, and quite frankly feels and acts more responsive than any factory late model, pre DBW efi I've ever driven. There's a half dozen videos in my install thread.

Respectfully...Maybe you should read up on these new throttle body fuel injection setups, so you'll be able to see exactly what they can do, as compared to the opd school stuff back in the good old days, known as the 80's...graduating in 81, I remember them well. Some of the poorest running vehicles ever made came from that era. Hearing about a TBI vehicle that still even runs is a rarity. ;)

#31 ·
STILL avoiding the wet-manifold issue, eh?

I answered YOUR silly questions. Why won't you answer mine?

#32 ·
I don't want to really get between you and rel3rd. You make a very valid point about the wet flow issue, but you also said "I don't understand why anyone would bother with an aftermarket TBI system at this point."

I'm reading good reasons why an aftermarket TBI is a quality purchase, certainly over a carburetor.

As for the wet flow issues, I would imagine a modern TBI can't be any worse than a carbureted system. It must also vary from intake to intake.

I do know dry flow has a disadvantage with heat and an MPFI system on an aluminum intake will be more susceptible to heat soak or ambient temperature chances vs a wet flow TBI. This is why engines such as the LS1 use a composite polymer intake that has a very low thermal conductivity, where as aluminum is quite high.

I'm still left in the dark to how an MPFI system adjusts individual port AFR without the use of individual exhaust primary O2 sensors. With a single O2 sensor in the collector it would seem that the ECU would adjust the injectors the same across all 8 cylinders, which would potentially create the same AFR spread between cylinders as a wet flow system.

#33 ·
Chris - Wet flow is not really an issue with the TBI and carb set-up's...it's a necessity. Although the TBI relies on it to a lesser extent because of better atomization to begin with it still must abide by the same rules as carbs.

I have never heard of any "dry flow" problems. The MPFI system does not have to rely on heated surfaces or trick manifold design due to the injector location. The real reason for the plastic intakes is weight savings and they are cheaper to produce. I doubt an aluminum intake would be much of an adversity in general. TBI and carbs absolutely have to have some heated surfaces to work properly.

As far as throttle response goes, the aftermarket systems in my experience are much tighter/responsive in all areas vs factory systems.

#54 ·
Eric6872 said:
no it doesn't, you are comparing apples to oranges .
a no choke carb that you had to tune tons(your words not mine)
over a tbi that has a choke , I know it doesn't have a choke blade and all but it had a choke ,as you were saying..
The only person comparing TB to Carb is you...The thread is asking for feedback between TBI and MPFI...

I also NEVER said "I had to tune it tons"...as I am a grown man, and don't even talk (or type) in teenspeak... I said, "I didn't want to spend the limited time on my weekends, I had dicking around with the carb"...Had you ever seen any of my other threads or posts in the past, you'd be at least somewhat educated on what you think I am saying, and also would have read/known, that I drag race often, and also very often go to a local show or cruise, the same weekends. Had your reading comprehension not suck, you'd have understood that I also had written that my car (with carb) was either great at WOT, and rich all other times, or OK at WOT and OK at cruise rpm's. With my new inferior TBI setup, I can actually start the car easily in any temperature, drive the car whether to race or cruise with no issue, and it runs great at any RPM, which is 100% exactly what "I" wanted it to do...Not sure why that's so hard for you to grasp, or why it's any of your effing business...But I can't type it any slower.....

Eric6872 said:
if the guy that bought your carb, put one on his 427 that has a choke, it work as good as that new tbi, but that require not using a carb made to start when cold...
I guess I am an idiot too? Because I've read this run-on sentence 5 times, and still have no idea WTF you are trying to say??? LMAO...

Eric6872 said:
but good to see you name calling, because you don't or can't tune a carb.. and that is why tbi units(kits) sell, most can't tune a carb.
and many more buy a fancy one with changeable air bleeds/etc and have no clue on how to get it to work on their package..
No name calling. I stated a fact. You have shown everyone what you are about...and that's sad, for you.

anyway...Yeah, I don't have a clue. I've made a living being a mechanic for nearly as long as you've been breathing, and surprisingly, I do have full confidence in my skill level and performance choices...especially when questioned by an internet troll, such as yourself. I was done with this whole topic, until you felt the need to put your little nose in and rehash it. Why? I have no idea...but I'd wager you not being around here too long if this is your forte' and the bad habit you've came here with...;)

Eric6872 said:
if you are happy at spending 1400.00 for a tbi, that is great..
the carb you had unless totally the wong cfm. would've been 1400.00 cheaper, but you think your tbi was only 100.00 as you compare it to buying yet another carb to fix whatever the reason was the first one was giving you fits..
News Flash!! I AM HAPPY, so it's puzzling to me as to why you felt the need to come here and voice your opinion to what I said...I never directed anything to you, and am actually sorry I directed any negativity towards Schurkey...even so, it's not your battle...

Let me check your math...
I spent $1400 on a FiTech EFI kit w/fuel system
I spent nearly $700 on a Quick Fuel carb + mods.
In your mind, if I hadn't spent the $1400, my investment would have been $000??? How does that work? In fact, don't even try to explain your logic...as I've said already, I don't GAF what your opinion is...

But let me show you math that actually "adds up"...

I SOLD my Quick Fuel Carb for $350...
Out here in the real world, where everyone should have been taught basic subtraction in the 3rd grade...
$1400 - $350 = $1,050
Now, I know this is getting EXTREMELY technical here, but stick with me...ok, now imagine that I had gotten a quote for a super-dooper race carb, and that the quote was for $900...
$1050 - $900 = $150
$150 = how much MORE I spent, at no one else's but my sole choice, to convert to EFI, instead of (and I quote myself) making the choice of dicking around with a carb...

Moral of the story is:
Nobody here cares what you think...especially not me. When you are someone who matters, then feel free to tell me how to spend my own money...until then, how about taking a deep breath, sit back, relax and stop showing your ignorance and attitude. This is, for the most part, a decent website, where people who actually have knowledge and experience in multiple facets of this hobby choose to share with other like-minded people...It's not normally one where somebody pops in and the majority of their 30+ posts in a month, are them trying to be the cool guy on campus...

Like I said, your comprehension skills lack...as do your mathematics, evidently.

#56 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric6872
no it doesn't, you are comparing apples to oranges .
a no choke carb that you had to tune tons(your words not mine)
over a tbi that has a choke , I know it doesn't have a choke blade and all but it had a choke ,as you were saying..The only person comparing TB to Carb is you...The thread is asking for feedback between TBI and MPFI...

I also NEVER said "I had to tune it tons"...as I am a grown man, and don't even talk (or type) in teenspeak... I said, "I didn't want to spend the limited time on my weekends, I had dicking around with the carb"...Had you ever seen any of my other threads or posts in the past, you'd be at least somewhat educated on what you think I am saying, and also would have read/known, that I drag race often, and also very often go to a local show or cruise, the same weekends. Had your reading comprehension not suck, you'd have understood that I also had written that my car (with carb) was either great at WOT, and rich all other times, or OK at WOT and OK at cruise rpm's. With my new inferior TBI setup, I can actually start the car easily in any temperature, drive the car whether to race or cruise with no issue, and it runs great at any RPM, which is 100% exactly what "I" wanted it to do...Not sure why that's so hard for you to grasp, or why it's any of your effing business...But I can't type it any slower.....

Oh so sorry, I didn't quote you word for word.. you complained that you could not get the carb to run right, it either ran good at WFO and pig rich cruising.. THAT IS NOT THE CARB's FAULT THAT is WHOM EVER SET IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
if the guy that bought your carb, put one on his 427 that has a choke, it work as good as that new tbi, but that require not using a carb made to start when cold...I guess I am an idiot too? Because I've read this run-on sentence 5 times, and still have no idea WTF you are trying to say??? LMAO...
I'm thinking your old carb was set up as a drag carb, WFO or idle but I won't sink you your level

Quote:
but good to see you name calling, because you don't or can't tune a carb.. and that is why tbi units(kits) sell, most can't tune a carb.
and many more buy a fancy one with changeable air bleeds/etc and have no clue on how to get it to work on their package..No name calling. I stated a fact. You have shown everyone what you are about...and that's sad, for you.

anyway...Yeah, I don't have a clue. I've made a living being a mechanic for nearly as long as you've been breathing, and surprisingly, I do have full confidence in my skill level and performance choices...especially when questioned by an internet troll, such as yourself. I was done with this whole topic, until you felt the need to put your little nose in and rehash it. Why? I have no idea...but I'd wager you not being around here too long if this is your forte' and the bad habit you've came here with...

Quote:
if you are happy at spending 1400.00 for a tbi, that is great..
the carb you had unless totally the wong cfm. would've been 1400.00 cheaper, but you think your tbi was only 100.00 as you compare it to buying yet another carb to fix whatever the reason was the first one was giving you fits..News Flash!! I AM HAPPY, so it's puzzling to me as to why you felt the need to come here and voice your opinion to what I said...I never directed anything to you, and am actually sorry I directed any negativity towards Schurkey...even so, it's not your battle...

Let me check your math...
I spent nearly $700 on a Quick Fuel carb + mods.
In your mind, if I hadn't spent the $1400, my investment would have been $000??? How does that work? In fact, don't even try to explain your logic...as I've said already, I don't GAF what your opinion is...

But let me show you math that actually "adds up"...

I SOLD my Quick Fuel Carb for $350...
Out here in the real world, where everyone should have been taught basic subtraction in the 3rd grade...
$1400 - $350 = $1,050
Now, I know this is getting EXTREMELY technical here, but stick with me...ok, now imagine that I had gotten a quote for a super-dooper race carb, and that the quote was for $900...
$1050 - $900 = $150
$150 = how much MORE I spent, at no one else's but my sole choice, to convert to EFI, instead of (and I quote myself) making the choice of dicking around with a carb...
My math is fine, clearly your isn't or you didn't understand what I was saying..
YOU ALREADY OWNED THAT FANCY CARB THAT YOU COULD NOT TUNE.. SO IT COST NADA.. but the new TBI cost 1400.00 so instead of fixing the air meter you already owned, that was bought and paid for.. you spent 1400.00 THAT WAS MY POINT.. a gasket kit, a few air bleeds, pump ramps, maybe the correct sized shooters, and what you already had would've run like a raped ape, and not made your eyes water from it being rich.. Hay if you have no problem with spending the money, not mine to say you shouldn't have.. but the carb on your car before wasnot the problem.. user error was..
Your post you said to get a super -dooper car carb was only a 100 cheaper, now you say here 150.00 cheaper.. way I see it, the parts to tune the carb you owned that was on it. would've cost under a c-note.. so the EFI was 1300.00 more.. Most fix what they have not go pricing out another carb, then use that as a reason for the TBI. not being much more.. BUT hay your math , your logic
Your comment on " I don't GAF what your opinion is " News flash.. this is what they call a forum.. people post, their thoughts on the matter, Trust me I won't loose any sleep over you caring or not, on my thoughts on this..

Moral of the story is:
Nobody here cares what you think...especially not me. When you are someone who matters, then feel free to tell me how to spend my own money...until then, how about taking a deep breath, sit back, relax and stop showing your ignorance and attitude. This is, for the most part, a decent website, where people who actually have knowledge and experience in multiple facets of this hobby choose to share with other like-minded people...It's not normally one where somebody pops in and the majority of their 30+ posts in a month, are them trying to be the cool guy on campus...

Like I said, your comprehension skills lack...as do your mathematics, evidently.
Moral to the story is you are a CHILD.. that has to degrade and use fowl wording to make your point.. Oh, and I laugh at your thinking of "trying to be the cool guy on campus"

You see TBI is no better than a well tuned carb.. never was never will be..
Sure it has it's pro's... set it and forget it.. and no issues with sea level changes...user friendly cold starts, i.e. no need to wait, just start it and drop it in gear and go.. something you can do with that mechanical thing, when it's set up right and the choke is set correctly..
but it also has it's con's.. less power, worse fuel swings, cyl to cyl, and doesn't cool the charge. needs the vehicles wiring to be in tip top shape as they don't like noise.. They don't last long when you use the early 70's type alt, and charging system..
and cost to much.. only reason they are able to charge 1400-2700.oo for these kits, is they are stupid easy to install, and most people in the hobby, are catalog hot rodders,, crate engine, crate trans, They don't want to work on them.. just get thumb's up.. and thats fine, but that is the only reason there is a market for TBI.. And because of this, the vendors are able to get 3500-4000 for mpefi.. when it shouldn't be anywhere near that..
A junkyard take off TBI. and a MSII ecu (300.00) will do the same thing as that 1400.oo TBI kit.. other that self tune.. you'd have to tune it just like a carb.. or download a tune from the web site of a combo like the one you have.. and have it real close.. but that require a little work on the users end.. Some fine spending the extra 1000.00+ to have the software tune it close.. (self learning) is worth it.. and thats up to them, but I'll fall over laughing when they wax on about all the parts they have in the engine for more power, and then slapped a TBI.. on top of it..
Your mileage may vary

#57 ·
You see TBI is no better than a well tuned carb.. never was never will be..
Sure it has it's pro's... set it and forget it.. and no issues with sea level changes...user friendly cold starts, i.e. no need to wait, just start it and drop it in gear and go.. something you can do with that mechanical thing, when it's set up right and the choke is set correctly..
but it also has it's con's.. less power, worse fuel swings, cyl to cyl, and doesn't cool the charge. needs the vehicles wiring to be in tip top shape as they don't like noise.. They don't last long when you use the early 70's type alt, and charging system..
and cost to much.. only reason they are able to charge 1400-2700.oo for these kits, is they are stupid easy to install, and most people in the hobby, are catalog hot rodders,, crate engine, crate trans, They don't want to work on them.. just get thumb's up.. and thats fine, but that is the only reason there is a market for TBI.. And because of this, the vendors are able to get 3500-4000 for mpefi.. when it shouldn't be anywhere near that..
A junkyard take off TBI. and a MSII ecu (300.00) will do the same thing as that 1400.oo TBI kit.. other that self tune.. you'd have to tune it just like a carb.. or download a tune from the web site of a combo like the one you have.. and have it real close.. but that require a little work on the users end.. Some fine spending the extra 1000.00+ to have the software tune it close.. (self learning) is worth it.. and thats up to them, but I'll fall over laughing when they wax on about all the parts they have in the engine for more power, and then slapped a TBI.. on top of it..
Your mileage may vary

-->wow…"rel3rd", this guy doesn't seem to understand anything heh?… :wacko::clonk: !
He thinks the vehicle has less power…WRONG!…:noway:
and
"They don't want to work on them.. just get thumb's up.. and thats fine, but that is the only reason there is a market for TBI…" again, WRONG… :noway:
and
A junkyard take off TBI. and a MSII ecu (300.00) will do the same thing…WRONG… :rolleyes:
and
"but I'll fall over laughing when they wax on about all the parts they have in the engine for more power, and then slapped a TBI.. on top of it.." WRONG AGAIN…
It just proves he's missing the whole point as why people are converting to fuel injection…It's for better performance, better tunability, less hassles and believe it or not, yes, more power.
He'll see who'll get laughed at in few years from now… very likely the guys which will still be using carburetors…:yes: which will be having their a**es spanked by fuel injected guys!
Also, why do you think all Pro Stock racers are now using fuel injection instead of carburetors? It's mainly to reflect what's being used nowadays and they're running as fast as when they had carbs.

Claude. :waving:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.