• 4 Post By -SS454-
  • 3 Post By Ground Up
  • 4 Post By RichardB

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 16, 6:06 PM Thread Starter
JAF
John

Exchange issue

My wife ordered me a set of chrome latch seat belts as a gift. Order #51074A. The kit came miss/matched. I got 2 sets of chrome latch belts and 2 sets of push button belts. After several back and forth emails the final word was:
Hi back and thanks for the clarification. You need the SBL-1205-1000-60 which are $29.95 each for a total of $59.90. Your return of the SBL-1800-1000-60 would be (for two) $35.10 as you had bought them in a kit with a discount. I will call you once the return has been processed and get a cc number over the phone for the balance of $24.80. Again you ship them to me on your dime and we’ll do the same on ours back to you.

Please write RMA 5263 on the outside of the shipping carton and be sure to include all hardware that came with the belts. Please also be sure to package them properly so they arrive in the new and unused condition we’ll expect.

What I don't understand is why I have to pay an extra 24.80 to exchange the belts? My wife already bought the belts. I was simply shipped the wrong set.
Please advice
Thank You

Last edited by JAF; Dec 12th, 16 at 6:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 16, 6:14 PM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Re: Exchange issue

if they shipped the wrong product, that's their mistake. All costs should be paid by them.

1971 Chevelle SS454 4 speed, 3.31 Posi

Youtube Channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/SS454LS6
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 16, 8:34 PM
Administrator

Garage

John if the original order is for a set of 4 of the latch type belts it should not cost you anything to correct their mistake. Shipping both ways should be on them. If the wrong part number was ordered for 2 of the belts then what they have proposed is fair.

it is not whether you win or lose but how you place the blame
72 Concours Wagon L29 454, 4L80E, 12 bolt posi 3.31, GM 4 wheel disc brakes
64 Nova 400 series
Team Chevelle Gold Member #42

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 16, 8:50 PM Thread Starter
JAF
John

Here's what she ordered...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	407305  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 16, 9:26 PM
Administrator

Garage

You ordered lift latch and it sounds like they are trying to provide you with push button replacements. Of the lift latch style did you recieve the 60" or the 74"?
The ones you received in error are higher priced than the ones you actually want. Might be in your your best interest to keep those and just order the lift latch . But seriously there seems to be a communication problem with reading your invoice correctly. Call and ask to speak with someone higher up the food chain, explain what yo received in error and what you want them replaced with.

This past month I had to deal with a similar issue. First order a wrong part was sent, I returned it and the correct part was sent back. Return shipping $9.65. Next order arrives from the same company this time wrong sunvisors. Cost to return $16.65. The correct sunvisors arrived along with a check for my shipping costs. Merchant paid the shipping both ways due to it being their fault. Still waiting on a refund for the overcharges on the interior parts. I was charged for a kit but specifically ordered individual pieces because it was over $50 less that the kit. I guess I'll see how that plays out before I post a review of the entire debacle. BTW it was not Ground Up, the order received from them was not only correct but the best prices I could find anywhere for the exact same parts.

64 Nova 400 series
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 16, 7:23 AM Thread Starter
JAF
John

I received 70" lift latch, and 60" push button. I asked for a review of my order and got this back:

Good morning John. I have reviewed this issue with my supervisor and my original offer still stands. We will honor the return of the incorrect seat belts, give you the full amount for that lesser seat belt towards the purchase of the more expensive seat belt, and waive shipping out to you.

Thanks for the advice Phillip, I think your approach yields the least impact to my wallet.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 16, 8:27 AM
Tech Team
Steve

From your invoice, it's very clear what you ordered. From what you say you received, it's very clear that you didn't receive what you ordered. It sounds like they don't want to send you what you ordered, but instead want to send you something else.

Definitely time to go up to the next level (at least that is what I would do) as it sounds like a huge communication issue (or just a basic mis-understanding on their part of what the problem actually is.)

1972 Chevelle SS Clone, 454, 200-4r, 3.08
1981 Camaro Z28, 355, TH350, 3.73
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 16, 8:30 AM

Good morning,
Please Call Theresa at 1-866-358-2277 ext 302. We will get this sorted out for you. Someone will talk to the salesman, This should not have happened.

Ground Up
91 Great Hill Rd.
Naugatuck, CT 06770

866-358-2277
info@ss396.com

www.ss396.com
www.facebook.com/grounduprestoration
www.twitter.com/groundupresto
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 16, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Garage

There you go, Theresa gets it.Maybe now you will have the correct parts sent to you with no additional costs including return shipping.

64 Nova 400 series
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 16, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
JAF
John

Just got off the phone with Theresa, she could not have been nicer.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 16, 12:20 PM

She is awesome isn't she?
The whole thing was big dumb mistake. We are sorry that happened. We will do our best to make sure this kind of problem does not happen again.

Ground Up
91 Great Hill Rd.
Naugatuck, CT 06770

866-358-2277
info@ss396.com

www.ss396.com
www.facebook.com/grounduprestoration
www.twitter.com/groundupresto
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 16, 1:03 PM
Tech Team
Richard

Mistakes happen, issues come up.

People make mistakes and always will. None of us are perfect. Its when they stand up and make things right is what's important.

Thumbs up and a big 'thank you" for Ground Up and making it right for the customer.

Richard

65 Chevelle SS Convertible 350 4 speed Muncie...hopefully complete in another year or so
65 Chevelle SS hardtop 396, 4 speed
65 Chevelle Malibu Convertible, 350/TH350
64 Chevelle Malibu 2dr hardtop
64 Chevelle SS, 350/450hp, Muncie M21
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.