Three weeks later....... - Chevelle Tech
NW Northwest Region

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 08, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
P evaD
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alger, Washington
Posts: 7,680
Three weeks later.......

I finally got a decent day to paint, AND had the time.


Got it all put together Tonite, in it goes Tommorrow.


Dave P.
1971 Chevelle
11.44 @ 118.43
Leading by example.
Curing cancer, one body panel at a time.
My Chevelle
now
Before
Motorvation
Resurection home page
Dave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 08, 12:14 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ben
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Mill Creek, WA
Posts: 6,343
Re: Three weeks later.......

Looks killer! Even the braided lines

Ben R.
1968 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Classic Seat Restorations
RAMBO is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 08, 12:19 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,934
Re: Three weeks later.......

Looks great Dave, you do good work!

Mike
1966 SS Chevelle LQ4-4L80E
1965 SS Malibu Pro Street/Race
***WTB Factory '65 Heater delete panel for the dash controls***
www.u11racing.com
66SSFan is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 08, 12:19 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mark
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 4,100
Re: Three weeks later.......

Oh man, that looks great!!

I'll be up tomorrow to pick it up Trade ya a Holley for it
gotago is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 08, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
P evaD
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alger, Washington
Posts: 7,680
Re: Three weeks later.......

Thank You all.

Mark...........You keep that Holley, and put it to good use.

Dave P.
1971 Chevelle
11.44 @ 118.43
Leading by example.
Curing cancer, one body panel at a time.
My Chevelle
now
Before
Motorvation
Resurection home page
Dave is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 08, 12:49 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brett
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle/Bellevue, WA
Posts: 8,108
Re: Three weeks later.......

I like the disks! I also like how redneck it is.

1968 Camino Custom
468, TKO600, 3.73:1

Pic of Car: http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...5/DSCN0827.jpg
Pic of 468:http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...5/IMG_0233.jpg

1966 Triple Black Chevelle
327, TKO600, EFI, 4.11:1

Pic of Car: http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...5/DSCN1706.jpg
Brettd85 is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 08, 12:59 AM
Senior Tech Team
Brian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 5,401
Send a message via AIM to FourEightyNine
Re: Three weeks later.......

I would have had a 12bolt under my car if I would have known you before Dave. Nice work I know who I will send my fellow racers to if they ask me....if thats ok with you?
FourEightyNine is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 08, 1:01 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
George
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, WA
Posts: 11,135
Re: Three weeks later.......

Looks great!

Where is the engine-on-stand? Must just be a rumor GOTAGO keeps spreading!

George Kettler
o SOLD 8/2016 my beloved 1970 Elky 496.
o 68 Vette 427/M-20/3.36 23 year owner
http://public.fotki.com/kettbo/gearhead/
o 68 Camaro Vert 327 project, painted, assembly stage http://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...183654&page=55
kettbo is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 08, 1:03 AM
Senior Tech Team
John
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
Posts: 4,127
Re: Three weeks later.......

That looks awesome, Dave.

First class.
OutCast is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 08, 1:03 AM
Senior Tech Team
Brian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 5,401
Send a message via AIM to FourEightyNine
Re: Three weeks later.......

I dont know if this has been asked or not but I will go ahead anyways.

Dave, why did you go through all the trouble of doing the body work to leave it in primer?
FourEightyNine is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 08, 1:04 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
P evaD
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alger, Washington
Posts: 7,680
Re: Three weeks later.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 468Brian View Post
I would have had a 12bolt under my car if I would have known you before Dave. Nice work I know who I will send my fellow racers to if they ask me....if thats ok with you?
That's one of the reason's I invested in the Alignment bar. I'm thinking about converting the other housing to F%$d ends

Dave P.
1971 Chevelle
11.44 @ 118.43
Leading by example.
Curing cancer, one body panel at a time.
My Chevelle
now
Before
Motorvation
Resurection home page
Dave is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 08, 1:09 AM
Senior Tech Team
Brian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 5,401
Send a message via AIM to FourEightyNine
Re: Three weeks later.......

Ok sweet, so you do gear swaps/axle tube welding/ford ends/(housing shortening/axle shortening?) what else yah got in that bag of tricks
FourEightyNine is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 08, 1:21 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
P evaD
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alger, Washington
Posts: 7,680
Re: Three weeks later.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 468Brian View Post
I dont know if this has been asked or not but I will go ahead anyways.

Dave, why did you go through all the trouble of doing the body work to leave it in primer?

Paint is next on the list, I spent the better part of 3 year's replacing Damn near every panel on the car, building the motor, trans, rear, all the other system's.

I can safely say, that there is no rust left on the car. I got the car "together" about a year ago, and decided to take a break. I was soooo tired of it being in piece's, that I just wanted to leave it in one piece, be able to drive it whenever I felt like it. When it get's painted, I'm gonna take it apart ONE LAST TIME. That will be the 3rd time it's been dis-assembled, I will also tell You, there is not one bolt on that car, that I haven't taken off, and re-installed.

I'm also waiting to Either Move, or rent a shop to do the Painting in, as My Garage is just not suitable to paint in. The paint job will be very nice, when done. One nice advantage too it is that I've been able to work out all the bug's, without worrying about the paint job.

Also, between work, coaching Football, and restoring the Chevelle, My wife got left out. Plus, if it was all to be added up, the part's, the Tool's, all the Misc. B.S., it was time to take a break.

It's coming, Maybe this Winter.

Dave P.
1971 Chevelle
11.44 @ 118.43
Leading by example.
Curing cancer, one body panel at a time.
My Chevelle
now
Before
Motorvation
Resurection home page
Dave is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 08, 1:22 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
P evaD
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alger, Washington
Posts: 7,680
Re: Three weeks later.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 468Brian View Post
Ok sweet, so you do gear swaps/axle tube welding/ford ends/(housing shortening/axle shortening?) what else yah got in that bag of tricks

Housing = Yes
Axle shortening = No, need a Machine Shop to do that.

Dave P.
1971 Chevelle
11.44 @ 118.43
Leading by example.
Curing cancer, one body panel at a time.
My Chevelle
now
Before
Motorvation
Resurection home page
Dave is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 08, 1:32 AM
Senior Tech Team
Brian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 5,401
Send a message via AIM to FourEightyNine
Re: Three weeks later.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Paint is next on the list, I spent the better part of 3 year's replacing Damn near every panel on the car, building the motor, trans, rear, all the other system's.

I can safely say, that there is no rust left on the car. I got the car "together" about a year ago, and decided to take a break. I was soooo tired of it being in piece's, that I just wanted to leave it in one piece, be able to drive it whenever I felt like it. When it get's painted, I'm gonna take it apart ONE LAST TIME. That will be the 3rd time it's been dis-assembled, I will also tell You, there is not one bolt on that car, that I haven't taken off, and re-installed.

I'm also waiting to Either Move, or rent a shop to do the Painting in, as My Garage is just not suitable to paint in. The paint job will be very nice, when done. One nice advantage too it is that I've been able to work out all the bug's, without worrying about the paint job.

Also, between work, coaching Football, and restoring the Chevelle, My wife got left out. Plus, if it was all to be added up, the part's, the Tool's, all the Misc. B.S., it was time to take a break.

It's coming, Maybe this Winter.
Ok I guess your off the hook now.

I am just gona take a guess but im thinking you played kicker in high school right?
FourEightyNine is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome