**NEW** Dakota Digital Tire Pressure Monitor System for HDX, VHX, VFD - Chevelle Tech
Sponsors Sales & Specials

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 17, 2:38 PM Thread Starter
MCB
Matt

Send a message via AIM to MCB
**NEW** Dakota Digital Tire Pressure Monitor System for HDX, VHX, VFD

Dakota has just released the long awaited TPMS kit. We will be offering a great introductory price on these kits through April 14th.

This expansion module for Dakota Digital HDX instrument systems gives you real-time pressure readings for all four tires, displayed in your existing message center! Wireless valve stem sensors (dismount tire to install) report back to a vehicle-mounted receiver for on the fly information. Easily reprogrammable upon tire rotation or replacement, this is the finishing touch for your hot rod!

Kit is complete with 4 valve stem sensors.

This kit works right out of the box on all HDX gauge systems.

VHX and VFD systems with a Black Control box (Manufactured July 2010-current) can also use this TPMS kit but your dash and control box need to be flashed by Dakota. There is no charge for this but it MUST be sent to Dakota to be done.

Here are some images of the kit and how it displays on the HDX Gauge Systems.

Give us a call at 866-628-8746 We enjoy talking to our customers
www.mcbparts.com

TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)

Email: Forums@mcbparts.com

Exclusive offers, info and chat:www.facebook.com/mcbparts

Hours: Mon-Fri 8-4 pacific

We have a full time staff to answer all questions, lookup tracking or tech support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 17, 3:06 PM
Brad

Send a message via Yahoo to B rad '69 elky
Re: **NEW** Dakota Digital Tire Pressure Monitor System for HDX, VHX,

Without changing my dash over to a full on Dakota Digital Dash, will there be a version that could be mounted lower by ashtray or in console ?
Thank you ,Brad
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 17, 3:24 PM Thread Starter
MCB
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by B rad '69 elky View Post
Without changing my dash over to a full on Dakota Digital Dash, will there be a version that could be mounted lower by ashtray or in console ?
Thank you ,Brad
This system will not be available as a stand alone. I know there are many kits out there that are though. Nothing we offer.

Thanks for checking
Matt

www.mcbparts.com

We have a full time staff to answer all questions, lookup tracking or tech support!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 17, 3:53 PM
Brad

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I haven't made my mind up on just which way I want to go with the whole gauge panel set up as of yet. I've looked at the classic dash,thunder road. but have not herd much good about that option. Dakota doesn't look too bad, but I kinda like the Autometer gauges. I've seen where people have modified stock panels to attach gauges... Limited options
Thanks again ,Brad
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 17, 4:04 PM Thread Starter
MCB
Matt

Quote:
Thanks for getting back to me on this. I haven't made my mind up on just which way I want to go with the whole gauge panel set up as of yet. I've looked at the classic dash,thunder road. but have not herd much good about that option. Dakota doesn't look too bad, but I kinda like the Autometer gauges. I've seen where people have modified stock panels to attach gauges... Limited options
Thanks again ,Brad
No problem. We are Classic Dash's #1 distributor, so I can help you on that if you decide to go that way. The panels are great! They have invested a LOT of $$$ into new machines and now CNC cut the panels after they are vacuum formed. We offer them with any Autometer.

The Dakota system is going to offer you a LOT more in the way of features and future expansion. The Autometer's will be 6 gauges, done...

The Dakota offers all of the expansion modules, much more data displayed, built in 0-60, 1/4 mile, peak recalls, you can set alarms for things like low oil pressure (you define the PSI), temp, etc.

The Classic Dash, with a "nice" Autometer gauge is going to be +/- $1000. The dakota VHX is much less and the HDX isn't a ton more..

Let me know
Thanks
Matt

www.mcbparts.com

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 17, 4:18 PM
Brad

So the 5" thunder road version is better than it used to be ? Sorry, I had heard that it was pretty weak and fit poorly...
The Dakota is sounding better all the time , the added information it gives sounds Nice.
Thanks again ,Brad
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 17, 4:33 PM Thread Starter
MCB
Matt

Quote:
So the 5" thunder road version is better than it used to be ? Sorry, I had heard that it was pretty weak and fit poorly...
The Dakota is sounding better all the time , the added information it gives sounds Nice.
Thanks again ,Brad
Yes, these dashes have been around! The original company was Covan's Thunder Road. We were set to buy the company back then and things changed for him and he needed to move to Georgia so the company was sold to someone that had NO CLUE as to how to sell these.

Then, Classic dash was born. They had a slightly different design, Covan did the recessed gauges and Classic's was flat.

After the Covan line died at the hands of its new owner, it was bought by Classic Dash. They then took the best mold of each offering and improved them even further.

They purchased a very high end vacuum forming machine, along with the CNC. The holes used to be cut by hand and the panels trimmed by hand, not quite as accurate as the good ole CNC. The factory dashes are measured/modeled by laser as well now!

We never get panels back due to quality or fitment.

The Thunder Road branded gauge is made by a well respected manufacture (not Autometer) and is a nice piece. I personally wouldn't do anything but a High Def lit, electric gauge if you go that way.
Their kits also include a Plug-n-Play harness and an LED kit (4).

The harness plugs into the factory gauge harness and basically gives you a "pin out". Each wire is labeled. You will use things like High beam, Brake warning, Turn signals, Power, ground, Light dim signal, etc. from this harness.

Any gauge that uses LED illumination, including the Dakota system, will require one of their dimmers to control them. Dakota allows you to choose the brightness and day and night. It will sense the lights being turned on and dim to where you set it. To change it again on the fly requires some menu scrolling, this is why the $29 dimmer is WELL worth it on either gauge type. They come with a billet knob but most mount them vertically up under the dash so you can find it easy but it's not showing.

Feel free to PM, email or call to discuss more detail on either style. We are a top 5 Dakota distributor as well so we do sell a LOT of both of these systems.

Thanks
Matt

www.mcbparts.com

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 17, 8:19 PM
Brad

Awesome , More Options for '69 Thank You ,Brad
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 17, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
MCB
Matt

Quote:
Awesome , More Options for '69 Thank You ,Brad
No problem, let me know when you are ready and I can go over everything with you.

Thanks
Matt

www.mcbparts.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.