Team Chevelle banner

'72 Heavy Chevy, Tired Project

922 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  70SSTHUMPER 
#1 ·
This thing looks like it's ready for a rest...and it seems pretty rusty for a TX car (check the trunk floor)...but it's a relatively unmolested Heavy. But wow, look at the weatherstrip channel along the back window - you can see it in the pic of the trunk floor.

I know I wouldn't pay much more than $3k for it but I'm guessing it goes for $5k+ on ebay. I've owned a couple of these and they are just so obscure that you really have to find someone who appreciates the uniqueness. They are cool cars once restored, for sure.

1972 Chevelle Heavy Chevy

See less See more
#3 ·
I think it's fixable, but at a hefty price! :eek: About the panel below the back glass, it's reproduced and shouldn't be a problem to find…but…it seems that every body panel (maybe except the roof) needs to be replaced… :rolleyes: The more difficult parts to find will likely be the "Heavy Chevy" specific interior parts (door panels, rubber carpet, seat upholstery, etc…).

Claude.

#7 ·
Don't see original floor mats in these very often, would be nice to see the build sheet which is probably still in there. The car very far along in the rust and weathered dept. Not worth much to me, column shift, smally Heavy. A couple of thousand here is all I would do. 12 bolt would be good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.