Team Chevelle banner

72 Chevelle Craigslist

3K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  NGChevelle 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Looks like an honest Malibu, 14K is reasonable, but still might be room. Drive it!

#4 ·
I think that's a 72 grill but the sideways view in that photo makes it hard to tell.I would be more concerned with the title being missing because some states won't issue a registration without a title.NJ is one of them but maybe that's not an issue where you live.Nice car :thumbsup: hope you're able to cut a deal.

#8 ·
Check that Vin Brent, you never know? Could be a Spring Green Heavy? :surprise:

#13 ·
Hotchkis suspension kit? I see stamped A-Arms in front and no anti-sway bar or anything in the rear. Wonder what the "kit" consists of?

#14 ·
I thought you wanted a true SS car. It does look to be pretty nice in the pictures but your close enough to check it out in person. I don't think the front seat cover is correct for the year. As far as the title goes CT. hasn't had titles for cars over 25 years old in years. I bought my car out of Ohio which does have titles on old cars and I had to show that title and a bill of sale to the CT. DMV to be able to register it. In CT. there is no inspection either anymore but you do have to go to a emission station just for a vin check where they check the vin on the car to the vin on the paper work. All you need to get from the seller is a bill of sale. Just because it's a Malibu doesn't mean it can't be nice. I've never heard anyone say about my car to bad it's not an SS.

#17 ·
Yes, it has the Georgia Title for it. Even when I went to register mine they made copies of the Ohio Title and dealer bill of sale and gave me back the originals. I know you have the other car why don't you make that into what you want it to be if you don't care about it being an SS. It looks like a good car to start with and you could leave the dog dish hubcaps on it to make it a real sleeper. The one on Craigslist also looks like it may have been a factory air car because even though it doesn't have the big A/C box the heater hoses go to the firewall where an A/C car has them plus it has the middle dash vents.

#20 ·
Ha, Ha, You know me better than that. At one time it was that way with me and if it had SS emblems on it it was a True SS. Now just a Malibu with the right stuff will do it for me. :grin2:

#29 ·
"For comparison, here is my friends spring green 72 SS 454 that as I recall sold for $32,500.00 at Mecum Auction a couple of years ago."

Jeff's Spring Green 72 SS

That's a sharp looking car, I bet it would go for more than that now

#30 ·
Moving the battery in the trunk is like moving the motor back about 10 inches to help improve traction at the track. Jim

Reactions: b&b's69
#31 · (Edited)
I doubt this car has seen much, if any track time. The battery relocation was done in a manner that it will not pass inspection thus would run the risk of being sent home. There is no logical reason for the battery to be relocated. Maybe he was looking for a convenient place to mount the coolant overflow bottle.

As for the color not being a match to the trim tag, it shouldn't matter. This car is a value purchase. There really isn't a reason to restore it to factory, it's a generic 72 Chevelle. It stands of falls based on its condition and asking price.

Steve R

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.