Team Chevelle banner

$259,000 LS6 Convertible

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  12stones 
#1 ·
This car looks familiar to me - I remember noticing the Michigan selling dealer on the build sheet. Looks like a NOM car but with good docs.

What do you guys think of the price? The seller claims the car sold for almost twice that in 2006 but I can't seem to find the auction details.

1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS LS6 | eBay

See less See more
#2 ·
Good looking car, I really don't know about this car (wiw), but it does remind me of the red hot days where these were going for big coin. NOM, LS6 Vert in a great color combo. Wish it were a 4spd.

#6 ·
The ad copy is not correct.
1 - The cover car on my first book "Chevelle Data and ID Guide" is an LS5 convertible, not this car.
2 - My second book "1970 Chevelle SS" isn't even out yet, the cover car has a red interior and it's an LS5 car, not this car.
3 - My third book "Chevelle SS Definitive Guide" I'm writing now and nobody has any copies of any 1970 Chevelles I may or may not being including in that book. And, I've only finished chapters on 64 thru 67 model years and those are not even submitted to the publisher yet for review.

I suspect they are mentioning the third book due to a montage I created of 64-72 Chevelles and happen to use a red convertible for 1970, but again, it's not this car. While I appreciate the free publicity, their facts are incorrect.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.