Team Chevelle banner

'70 4-speed SS396 with Power Windows

4K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  Rich-L79 
#1 ·
Interesting car if the seller is being truthful about it being all original (and I wouldn't be bidding on it without talking to the seller and preferably seeing the car...there is far too little information posted in the auction).

I like the idea of power windows and bucket seats with no console...neat options. I'd check it out if I was in the neighborhood.

1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS Hardtop 2-Door | eBay

See less See more
#7 ·
After talking to some east coast friends, I think this is where the seller hopes to be on this POS. It's either a good parts car or a car you want to be used as your casket because even if you do the work yourself from start to finish, it's a break-even proposition at best.

#8 ·
I bet Tom can "Make it Right"(ler) again :thumbsup:

Reactions: 1972convss454
#11 ·
Woof! A media blaster may be the last action that car sees. May not be much left of it afterwards, at 6,655 now with 4 days left. It's already wayyy past my wiw. But for eBay it may top out at 7,500.00. I shudder to think it.

Reactions: Proc
#16 ·
When I see the extent of the damage to the car and I see Egg Harbor, N.J. as the the seller's location, the first thing that comes to my mind is Hurricane Sandy. Maybe that is unfair as the east coast with it's warm Atlantic current & salt water in the air along the coast, plus the use of road salt will prove very destructive without a hurricane.

If nothing else it is cool to see a 70 Chevelle SS396 ordered with such a curious combination. The lack of console looks more business-like, plus the console sliders were known to bind up (not that the Muncie shifter needed any help doing that on its own). Power windows, non Cowl Induction. Gauges & buckets. No stripes (not a "delete" if if it was a non C.I. car). All I can say is "thanks for the memories". R.I.P.

#18 ·
, plus the console sliders were known to bind up (not that the Muncie shifter needed any help doing that on its own)..
Only '68 and maybe very early '69 has that slider deal. After that they went to a molded plastic tunnel that closed out the console opening.:smile2:

#27 ·
$ 10,000 eggs for an Egg Harbor car. Somebody fell in love?

This is what came to mind:

#29 ·
Steve is right, the buyer will probably be "shocked" to see the extent of decay on the car. Almost guaranteed a sight unseen purchase. That's when the song in the above post kicks in: "Love hurts". Hurts to the tune of about 10K, then it's either put up or squeal "misleading ad by the seller". The seller was clear, love can also make you blind.

I'll wait for round 2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.