Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

'70 Malibu Convertible Rust Disaster

7K views 48 replies 21 participants last post by  augy 
#1 ·
Same guy with the Shadow Gray car with LS6/L78 tach we discussed a few weeks back.

What a mess this thing is. Must have been sitting in the woods with the top down and 12" of rotten leaves inside.

1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Chevelle | eBay

See less See more
#2 ·
In rebuilding a floor it is kinda nice to have rockers to speak of. Yikes! Light Monitoring system is neat, but the auction says it is missing. Hmmm. Notice the air cleaner, it appears to be a rare 1974 Z28 piece (lid is different from the 70 - 72 Z28 piece, the snorkels would be shorter as well, plus it would have EGR clearance underneath).
Bid with confidence :D

#10 ·
136670B123456

I bet the VIN tag is rusted away.

#15 ·
I say congrats to the guy got getting that much for it. He stated the body was shot in the ad, Not like he was trying to fool someone into believing that this was a cream puff.

"Body needs a Total restoration, frame Broke on driver side and needs to be replaced, car does not roll and will need to be picked up with a rollback. Great candidate for a dynacorn body, in my opinion the body is not fixable with out a parts body and a skilled welder"

#19 ·
I Know the Seller well and He is an Honest Guy.

Read the listing, look at the pictures. It's as comprehensive at it gets.

He Hunts. He Buys and, Sells. Sometimes he wins. Sometimes he loses.

I tip my hat to him. He has big balls buying something like this and listing it at his own expense, HOPING to sell it and make something for his RISK, TIME and INVESTMENT.

Bottom Line.....He takes a Monetary chance that most of you wouldn't.

The seller shouldn't be criticized for finding something that someone else desires, and buys, especially if the buyer knowingly buys it, and, it is accurately described.
In this case the description and PICTURES tell the story of this seemingly unrestorable 70 Vert Carcass.

Having said that, As you all know, there are Good mark restoration body's available, maybe they should be criticized also.

Would I have bought this ? No.
Congrats to both Buyer and Seller. Hopefully this car is restored back to it's historical roots as a # matching 350 Malibu as it was originally born.

Either way, As always, for what it shall be worth, it's been immortalized on this forum.

Happy Holiday's to all.

#31 ·
Well, whoever the buyer is, I wish him luck. Will cost quite a bit of coin to get that in shape..
it's a touchy subject either way..

#33 ·
Same guy dug up a super rough '62 Corvette convertible. I'm impressed at how often he seems to unearth something cool, albeit way overpriced.

You have to love his story about his plans to make a pro-tourer out of this one...but he doesn't have the time or money to complete it. Yeah sure dude, I bet he's owned it for less than a week!

1962 Corvette Project

#35 ·
You two guys that don't probably don't have 2 pennies to rub together talking crap on a guy in his 20's who's out there every week saving cool stuff and reselling it. Jealous? Sounds like it. I would love to see the cars you guys are out finding to make a buck on.

#41 ·
Wow Matt, I'm sorry you feel that way. I even lauded the guy for finding cool stuff. I have nothing to prove to you, and I don't feel the need to justify the balance in my bank account either. Have a nice day.

#44 ·
Q) You obviously care if you came on here to write two essays bashing me and Tony.

A) I'm not bashing tony my man just you, You cant seem to understand it tho......

Q) Your shadow gray 70 WAS in fact on craigslist. I asked you if you checked the car for a build sheet. You told me yes you checked and came up empty handed. I said ok thank you. How does that make me a dreamer or a time waster? I forgot more about 70 Chevelles than you think you know right now, and I know when to pursue one and when it's not worth my time.

A) Great so you admit to being a craigslist clown.... You told me you worked in a tow yard and needed to run the vin to see if it was a small block SS car :grin2: That’s a typical craigslist clown question if I ever heard one.

Q) Show me where I personally attacked you in any of my previous posts. I never said anything that was untrue. It sucks if someone critiquing your car in a "what's it worth" forum bothers you.

A) It would take me all night and to copy and paste all the quotes from 2 forums of all your assumptions putting words in my mouth, At the end of the day you're a joke look at you feedback if you want to confirm that ford boy, You can't even pony up to be a lifetime member big shot? Not surprising ….

Q) It seems you need help with your grammar. I suggest enrolling in some classes to get you more acquainted with the English language. It may help boost your sales in the future.[/QUOTE]

A) Did I claim to be some expert in grammer? No..... Im starting to think you just cant read, Maybe if I make it easy for you, you will understand

A) Your a time wasting clown who knows nothing about chevelles so you sit on here and dream about how cool it was growing up in the 80s

Maybe that will help we can try picture cards next if it doesnt help.. let me know

#45 ·
Yup, you got me... I'm a know-nothing, broke, has-been loser. Maybe one day I may be able to get to your level, but highly unlikely. You're a god amongst men :|

Tubbed69SS said:
Great so you admit to being a craigslist clown.... You told me you worked in a tow yard and needed to run the vin to see if it was a small block SS car :grin2: That’s a typical craigslist clown question if I ever heard one
Sorry to disappoint you but that was definitely not me. All I asked you was if you looked for a build sheet. That was all. This is before finding your instagram and realizing you were a flipper.

FWIW, trying to debate you on here seems like a huge waste of time as it seems you lack the brain power to have an adult conversation. Have a good night!

#46 ·
I saw you found my instagram why no friend request? LOL

I drove 30 hours to pick that shadow gray car after winning it on ebay when the guy sent me a picture of the ls6 tach that wasn't pictured on eBay, I was pissing my pants the whole ride couldnt wait till i got to the car, I was banking on it having the original rear. I got there the guy looked me in the eye and told me it was a real LS6 that was raced locally most of its life in NC, I crawled under the car and shocker, Rear was gone Unfortunely with all the stuff missing I couldn't convince myself it was worth saving that car and selling my Canadian 70 350hp car.

This was fun, It's been a while since I got tangled up in some drama/Good old ***** talking like this, I'm not going to lie tho your 71 SS was getting to be very tempting in all seriousness. I very Rarely go to NY tho due to the insane traffic and unreal trailer rules. Flipper is such a strong word, I consider myself a broke car hoarder who needs to sell what he has to buy what he wants. I bought that 70 conv from Ohio with every intention to have it fixed, When it came to my house I was needless to say horrified. Car guys where coming to my house to just look at it because they couldn't believe how bad it was in pictures. I had to ratchet strap the driver side axle tube to the inner door structure :| so the rear wouldn't fall out when it was being loaded...

Any way have a Good Night :thumbsup:

#47 ·
I really enjoy being a member here, have made some nice contributions to it as what the numbers mean on the lower right hand of Fremont tags, found a super rare low mileage 4dr 72 BB 4 speed with every option available, but now feel like I'm reading my Grand daughters FB page with all the drama. Geez guys, think about what you post before you hurt someone's feelings! I'm not sure I will renew my membership when it is up, between this and the news, toooooo much drama and BS. Just saying.

#49 ·
I really enjoy being a member here, I'm not sure I will renew my membership when it is up, between this and the news, toooooo much drama and BS.
I wouldn't let some else's drama stop me from enjoying TC for what it is. An exchange of info and ideas, and enjoyment of our Chevelles.

If I don't like what I'm reading, I just skip to another thread......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.