Team Chevelle banner

34,000 mile 70 SS

3K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  GotGrunt 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I also doubt the mileage claim. No way the drivers seat would be split with only 34K on the clock. Most likely 134K. I wouldn't say its a parts car but is in need of some serious restoration. i would put the current value at $8k-$10K pending on frame and floor pics. Those could possibly make it a parts car.

#6 ·
:noway:never modified or altered in any way
373 12 bolt rear

#9 ·
The fact that it's sitting on snow tires says it all.

#12 ·
Good eyeball Dan! White characters and I think I see the seat belt light too. However this car comes with "Original touch-up paint" therefore what's it worth? 35k! (sarcasm tachometer at redline). Seller claims stored inside for 16 years, ok but it looks like it was stored in a snow drift for the other 30 years. This car looks drenched in moisture for a long time. If you look on the rear deck you can see debris and curling, looks like it was wet inside as well. This car is rotten most likely. I have to assume the frame and pans are in question despite what seller states. My advice: Proceed with caution. As is, no proof, 5K.

#17 ·
Wow, I figured the way prices are crazy it would be about 15k, providing ALL the numbers matched and stuff. I didn't notice the seat belt warning light, but thought the dash lettering could have been white from the flash on the camera. I myself wouldn't pay more then 5k for it, and it would probably be for the parts. I see an easy 20k to restore this and that's doing everything yourself

#29 ·
Maybe just trying different locations. I see that in my area. They will put an ad in rhode island, then usually in MA also

#32 ·
When I look at the speedometer, which shows some glare most likely from the camera flash I see what looks like white numbers. When I look at the 120 on that speedometer it looks slightly darker, which could be Green. The flash may have not reflected there as much. When I look at the tach the numbers look a bit darker than the speedometer which caught more of a flash making the numbers look lighter, more white looking. The RPM/100 on the tach and the other numbers look to have a Greenish tint. I still see a Fasten Seat Belt light cutout on the dash housing making a 1972 dash housing/ carrier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.