Team Chevelle banner

70 396/375 Chevelle thoughts?

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  SS4Real 
#1 ·
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle L78 Very Rare SEE VIDEO!! | eBay

This looks like a very nice car but then a few things jumped out that had me wondering.
I see it has the wrong trunk lid and the stripes look too wide. In fact the stripes don't even make it up onto the panel below back window. I hate when a build sheet is displayed like this one so as to make it harder to read. Red Flag for me, what do you experts think?
Says museum quality but the steering wheel and column look worn to my eye also.
Wrong master no?

Thanks Ron

#2 · (Edited)
Nice looking car and pretty well done. Just a lot of wrong stuff going on. 69 interior parts. Wrong shifter handle and knob. Under hood looks good but is missing a lot of key L78 parts as well as incorrect 70 under hood parts.
Again a good looking car just a lot of incorrect items. It goes back to my saying, It's just as easy to do it right as it is to do it wrong......

#3 ·
My one owner 70-LS-5-M-22 Has some different items than this car.
SS emblem in steering wheel kinda sorta looks like a 69. It needs a 811TX water pump, Mine has a square master Cyl. The shift handle is just like mine ( My car has a bench seat ). My power steering pump is different, No square hole. The exhaust manifold bolts are NOT CORRECT.
The fan clutch is a " Fitz-All " It has slotted holes. My Alt. Brkt. has a round hole. Mine is a Balt. 2nd wk. March. I ordered mine in Feb.
Could be they just did not have the correct parts when it was built. I just has some different stuff under the hood than mine.
Need some other folks to chime in. I just know what mine has.
Bob
P.S. I could still squeeze it in my garage.

#4 · (Edited)
Going by the pictures there is many things wrong inside and under the hood. Missing are the pictures of the engine stamp. All the things wrong could be fixed if the engine is right. He does have a link with more pictures but it didn't seem to work but maybe I am doing something wrong. A few items are transmission is wrong as well as the intake Manifold. I watched his video and that has to be the weakest sounding L78 out there.

#8 ·
Build sheet looks ok. Car, needs some help. 010 transmission case... :noway:

Anyone see a pic of this numbers matching engine deck??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.