Team Chevelle banner

Value for: Tilt column for floor shift and std 72 EC hood?

660 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  zookpr 
#1 ·
I have a tilt column (factory) from a floor shift car and a std non-rusted, non-dented stock hood for a '72 El Camino that I don't need. What should I ask or expect in value if I sell these parts? I bought the tilt 30 yrs ago thinking it was for a Camaro, but since found out it's for a Chevelle or mid size; my EC is a column shift Auto and I don't want to change the transmission, so this one is *extra*. Anyone got a feel for value? I see the Ididits go for ~$1000.

The hood is from my '72 EC is a STD (non SS) hood, but has factory paint, no rust or dents. What will this hood fit besides '72 EC? and what's a good asking price for it? OR should I hold onto it, in case the Goodmark repro SS hood doesn't fit well?

#2 ·
I bought my column for 400 a decade ago. It was rebuilt, all new wiring and turn signal , loaded...etc etc.

The hood while original is worth a few bucks and rust free is a great plus.
This will fit a 70 thru 72.

Good pieces for sure to the right buyer. Looking back, I wish I had my original as I really like the "sleeper" look. Now that it's got the fancy cowl induction, but I digress.. it's really kewl...

#4 ·
Do you have the key for the column? I've seen them (floor shift, tilt) for 200.00 to 600.00. The hood is a tougher sell, I have 3 flat hoods, ads for 100.00 for no rust, original paint with trim don't generate much interest. I use one of the hoods for paint practice. I will hold mine as I think they may gain popularity to some extent again.

#5 ·
Allright, normally, I scrapped flat hoods, mainly cause I had so many, but I did keep one really nice one, was in my barn for decades, sold it last summer for 100 to a very happy buyer, as for the tilt, never got more then 250, usually less for a F/S tilt with keys, this is for 69 up. Tilts pre 69, I've sold for 450, this is in the last couple years.

#6 ·
$1000!!! Why are you even talking new Ididits? What kind of floor shift column is it automatic or manual floor shift? What year? What is the exact condition of the column and the levers? Is it mint ready to install or 30 year shelf worn or crusty?

The hood is a door stop unless someone really needs it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.