Team Chevelle banner

LS6 Convertible

11K views 49 replies 27 participants last post by  70L34 
#1 ·
No, it's not my car (don't I wish), but I wanted to poll you guys/gals on the engine stamp because it's inconsistent with the 1970 Tonawonda stamps I've seen. Judging by the bid price, other folks may have the same reservations I do:

http://tinyurl.com/n5lmpdt

#3 ·
And a bad one at that... :yes:

136670B208246

#5 ·
No where does he mention a build sheet.

Isn't it pretty well accepted that no build sheet and re-stamp equals "no LS-6".

It is a really nice looking car.

#6 ·
Isn't it pretty well accepted that no build sheet and re-stamp equals "no LS-6".
With very rare exception.... I always tell people, if the original engine is gone put a CE block in it or one with the wrong VIN rather than a restamp. All a restamp does is make the rest of the car suspect.

#8 ·
Lol,good old thread,ole Bain,haven't heard that name mentioned in a long time,although he was entertaining!:)

#16 ·
Regardless how cautious he is with his wording there is no mistaking the fact that he is attempting to try and sell this as a real LS6 convert to yet another unsuspecting buyer. Otherwise why not just state that it is a clone. Typical attempt to defraud someone in my opinion. Does anyone know who did the restoration?

#11 ·
The speedo cable is not routed in the correct fashon for a M-22 car.
This fisher body & Transmission is missing some M-22 items for the speedo. cable.
Bob
We need Paul Harvey to get " The rest of the story ".

#24 ·
I asked him about the protecto plate, here is the answer I got :

Dear heinzh,

are you interested in the car or just curious? either way, here it is. the guy contacted me on two of my cars asking me if I would like to buy a protecto plate matching what ever I need and I declined both times, than he said he has the original protecto plate for my LS6 for 15,000, than 10,000, he went all the way down to 1,000 I think this is the new scam and i apologize as the car is amazing.

- ceo$

#27 ·
spoke to the previous owner...his story is MUCH more legit than the sellers!

EVEN THE ORIGINAL OWNER POINTED OUT THE WRONG 6 and 9 font on the pad!!!

hilarious! what the heck! just sad that there is no class anymore.

R

#34 ·
I sent an email asking if it is a factory built LS-6 convertible. See the response below. Someone on the Yenko site sent an email and asked if it was originally a 350 car and he got the same response. "I emailed a question to the Ebay ad asking if it was originally a 350 car. We'll see how he responds." "He just responded saying "yes, I believe so" to my inquiry about whether it was an original 350 car."
James

Q: Dear ceo$,

Very nice looking car. Is this a factory built LS-6 convertible?

A: yes, from what I can tell. it is an amazing car.

- ceo$

EDIT, The seller send another response to the guy on the Yenko site saying that he mis-understood the question.
"I'm sorry, I miss understood your question, I don’t believe this car to be a clone, a guy contacted me on two of my cars asking me if I would like to buy a protecto plate matching what ever data I need and I declined both times, than he said he has the original protecto plate for my LS6 for 15,000, than 10,000, he went all the way down to 1,000, and I still declined at any price, I have no interest in doctoring up data, the red car he shows in the pictures is not mine, he says in his ad the (QUOTE “I seen the owner of the car now has the car listed for sale it is repainted red”), how does he have pictures of the car in red when I supposedly painted it red? I bought the car as an LS6, the block numbers matched the VIN and look very clean. I apologize for the confusion and issue as the car is amazing."

#35 ·
#37 ·
The seller has very "scripted" responses that are pretty much copy/paste.

I sent this link to the seller and the guy with the POP. I also urged the guy with the POP to contact ebay fraud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.