Team Chevelle banner

Looking for new insurance carrier

2K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  BMR Sales 
#1 ·
Not sure this is the correct forum for this, so if not, Mods do what is necessary.

I have two Chevelles, a 68 and a 69. Neither are show cars but still nicely restored and drivers.

The 68 is a SS clone, the 69 is a real SS.

I'm getting good quotes from Grundy and wonder if there is any experience with this company here?

#2 ·
A guy I work with insures his 69 Charger through them. He likes them a lot an gave him a good price. I called to have mine insured and they would only insure it up $8,000. When I get the car back on the road, Ill call again. I know a lot of guys here like Grundy. Try searching for it on the page, I know you'll find a whole lot if you just type in "Insurance".

#5 ·
I called Hagerty and they basically ask you the value of your car. (not appraised value, what you think it's worth) I told them it would take at least 35K to replace it with something similar. It was like 370.00 a year for 35K full coverage. Filled out some stuff on line too, it was a while ago and I don't recall the entire process. I'm switching after the first of the year. They emailed me a quote that was good for X amount of days but I can't find it.

Reactions: IRISHSS540
#6 ·
Got me thinking so I just went on-line and did it again. 552.00 for 35K coverage "agreed value"

Attachments

#7 ·
Grundy ain't grungy :thumbsup:

I had issues with Haggerty concerning agreed value.

#8 ·
I was with Grundy for a number of years and my policy premiums kept creeping up and up. I switched to Hagerty and have never looked back. A 67 Firebird and a 67 Chevelle, both at 18k agreed value is $320 a year total. A lot depends on what state your in as to ho much you will pay.

#9 ·
Grundy! 20k agreed value, no deductible, 189.00 a year. I will have to pay more next year as I sink money into my car and the value goes up. I also had American Classic before which has competitive pricing.

What you have to look at is how many miles per year you are allowed to drive, I have 6000 which I will never exceed. I can't say how good either company really is, luckily I never had to use them.

#10 ·
I had American Collectors, premium was good but when I went to file a claim after 10 years it was a horror, they were useless, caused much greif and never covered the entire cost of the damage needing repair. Have moved on and now with Grundy, a bit more on premium but hopefully if I ever have a claim, it will be better. I guess you really do not know how good they are until you have a claim, then the game changes. I heard Grundy and Hagerty where very good at covering claims etc. Best to ask around if anyone had claims and how that was handled and paid.

Thks

Rich

#12 ·
Larue Collector Car Insurance. Just renewed this morning for $386 a year, full coverage, glass, towing and guarantee insure for $40k. Few guys have had their car totaled, caught on fire here on the forums and were paid in full....been great to me.

#16 ·
I looked at some of these specialty insurance companies a few years back but it was all too restrictive. When my junk is on the road, I drive the heck out of it.

#22 ·
:cool: Not to steal the thread, but I'm in the process of trying to find a Collector Car Insurance Agency/Company that will insure my Chevelle, and I'm not having much luck. My problem is that The Wife and I are both retired and we have just one "real" car (that we share) and my "toy" car (that I don't share). Not a single one of the so-called big names in the Collector Car Insurance field will insure my "toy" car due to the fact that we don't have two "real" cars.

At this point it looks like I'll have to pay for "real" car coverage on my "toy" car after having to pay an appraiser that my current insurance company refers me to, to do an appraisal on my "toy" car's value (that I doubt I'll agree with).

#23 ·
#24 ·
I have all mine insured through Hagerty, I have since 2000. I had to file a claim on my 69 Charger in July when it got hit, which almost totaled it. From a claim standpoint, I can say that it couldn't have been an easier process. I took the car to a collision shop, wrote up an estimate and submitted it to the adjuster. I had a check the next week for the repairs.

#28 ·
I had American Collectors for a while. Had an 04 GTO totaled 3 years and received an Agreed Value check within (2) weeks. Really was a smooth process. The I replaced that GTO with another GTO bought in California. American Collectors would not insure it during transportation from the West Coast, so I got a policy with the National Corvette Museum (NCM).

Recently purchased a '13 Cadillac CTS V coupe and switched all my collector cars to the Grundy MPV program. Rates were the best and mileage is unlimited.

Do your homework and shop around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.