Team Chevelle banner

steering box help please

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  HKalin 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Several months ago i inquired on this site which steering box to get for my 66 chevelle. Since than I have been busy with other restoration projects with the car and starting a new job so I put the steering box on hold. Well its the last thing I need to accomplish to finally drive the car after a 2 year restoration. Here is my problem. A few months ago I settled on which box to buy at napa. I cant remember the original part number discussed here but it crossed referenced to Napa # 39-1073. Here are some questions I need help with please

1) What rag joint do I need? The shaft measured .08" with a digital caliper
2) Do I use o-rings for the fittings? Everything but the steering box is a kit from ground up including the hoses. Inside the steering box there is beveled brass, and my hoses are flared if that helps. Do i just tighten hoses to box or do I need o-rings?

thank you in advance!!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
#7 ·
I bought the Lares one from GU and didn't like it. I bought the one from Jeg's instead. It is made more like the original is. If you order it from Jeg's early in the morning you should have it by Friday or Saturday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.